Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Here's the remainder of the games coming up.

I'm kinda hoping that Leiston gets cancelled because I'd love to visit the place when it's not in the bleak mid-winter. I may stay overnight for Margate. :)

**January 2014
Tues 7th AWAY Leiston
Sun 12th AWAY Kingstonian League
Sat 18th HOME Hampton & Richmond Borough League
Tue 21st AWAY Margate
Sat 25th HOME Harrow Borough

**February 2014
Sat 1st AWAY AFC Hornchurch
Tues 4th AWAY Thurrock
Sat 8th HOME Bury Town League
Tue 11th HOME Thamesmead Town
Sat 15th AWAY Canvey Island League
Tues 18th HOME Metropolitan Police
Sat 22nd HOME East Thurrock United League
Tues 25th AWAY Carshalton Athletic

**March 2014
Sat 1st AWAY Lewes
Sat 8th HOME Bognor Regis Town
Sat 15th AWAY Maidstone United
Sat 22nd HOME Enfield Town League
Sat 29th AWAY Wealdstone League

**April 2014
Sat 5th HOME Wingate & Finchley
Sat 12th AWAY Billericay Town
Sat 19th HOME Leiston League
Mon 21st AWAY Hampton & Richmond Borough League
Sat 26th HOME Kingstonian League

No home weeknight games until Feb. Was hoping there'd be one I could get to a bit sooner.

NEXT SUNDAY
12th AWAY Kingstonian

Thats one we should try and get a few us along to

we need to try and get transport sorted (ie those with cars meet at X)

Pitch inspection at Leiston 10am Tuesday. Looking at the forecast I'd suggest there's about a 1% chance of the game going ahead, and that's being generous!

Looking at the fixtures, worth noting that the Tues 18th Feb game is in the London Senior Cup. We still have to reschedule the league games against Met Police (home) and Carshalton (away).

Looks like we'll have a big away turnout for the Kingstonian game on Sunday with it being so long since we last got to see a match (even if Leiston went ahead I doubt many at all will get there).

Should be fun.

Whilst it was Lewes posters that inspired me, I've actually got a message from a Lewes fan saying how much he prefered my "obviously love the club" efforts to the "middle class professional graphic design wank" at his own club.

Damn, the Leister game is on tonight. I really wanted to visit that ground but it's nigh on impossible to get to on a wintry Tuesday night.

Some people are never satisfied!
I think it alludes to the fan group politics. This guy didn't like the "North London media mafia" at the club. And well, who would!

Maybe some older Dulwich fans are messaging the Lewes graphic design studio and saying they much prefer their neat and tidy liberal posters to my communist maximalism.
Damn, the Leister game is on tonight. I really wanted to visit that ground but it's nigh on impossible to get to on a wintry Tuesday night.
It's gonna be a very low turnout I think. The sheer cost and difficulty of such aways will be an issue should we get promoted to the Conference South where we'd lose all those Oyster Card trips. ("Some people are never satisfied!")

Last edited:
And here's some footage which really highlights the increase in attendances over the last few years (and improvements in pitch tending):

I looked up the stats for that match , on Saturday 3 April 2010. Hamlet won 3-1 in front of an attendance of 188. This ended a nightmare sequence of results that saw us score just three goals and collect just three points from the previous ten league matches, and began a run that saw us collect fourteen points from our final six games of the season. Without that belated revival I wonder whether Gavin & Junior might have walked away before their work had begun in earnest?

The club official who moaned about sitting in the directors' box sounds like Martin Eede. He's alright when you get to know him, but diplomacy isn't his strong point. There used to be a chain across that section with an "Officials Only" sign, but it seems to have disappeared and from the seats on the other side of the ress box I often notice people inadvertantly wandering into this area. Simple solution - get a new chain and sign!

The "Up The Hamlet" flag was based on a flag with the same slogan seen in old photographs of Hamlet crowds from the 1950's/60's, except the original had a blue centre panel with pink ones either side.

"Sven" is actually called Jon Eriksson. He first began attending Hamlet games around the time Sven Goran Eriksson was appointed as England manager, hence the Sven nickname. He used to live at Herne Hill and his other half Helen sometimes came to the games too, but I think they split up and he moved to somewhere around Ladbroke Grove. He continued going to occasional matches but I haven't seen him at all for at least five years now.

Is this the current logo/badge/emblem?
28luu7o.jpg

We lost today
And we will again

Surprised at some on twitter saying we were poor

we dont know that ? I didn't go ?

more likely we lost because no fans, no voodoo stick or terrible weather conditions (again - Lowestoft) . It can not be easy for amateur player to travel mid week to a game you expect to be cancelled knowing you have to work the next day

We need to get behind the boys

We should never boo or slag of DHFC (unless they were unsporting in some way)

Of course Nunhead (our dead team) may from time to time infect our play

But as the song goes

"were Dulwich hamlet,we sing all time
sing all the time
were Dulwich hamlet we sing all the time"

see the pink & blue army at Kingstonians

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom