Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

I wonder what happened to this flag?

dulwich-hamlet-03.jpg
It's Griff's, who is nowadays stuck on the turnstile. We had it out on the last day of the season, when the Hamlet did indeed go up.

dulwich-hamlet-burgess-hill-15.jpg

Last edited:
It's NOT actually Griff's flag..it's the collective property of the Rabble.
For quite a few year we had a London based Swedish fan, who we all knew as Sven, for some reason(!), and he got it made. A number of us chipped in to help pay for it...it just happened that Griff looked after it because he had a bag it fitted in. he went most of the games, and he was happy traipsing round with it. He rarely bothers with it nowadays...don't think it's got anything to do with him doing his great, unsung voluntary work on the turnstiles, otherwise he would bring it to away matches.

Ah, the famous "Sven" who was responsible for the first DHFC discussion forum. Sadly he disappeared before I ever met him!

I hope tomorrow's game is still going to be on, given the weather....
Dulwich Park is an absolute swamp today, I'll be very surprised if the match is on, if it does the pitch will be ruined.

I'm surprised it's off. I was working through the night and it didn't rain until about 7am. Sigh, even the Met's pantomime football avatar escapes justice.

Any one know what the board/owners of DH are like and what they make of the rabble etc? My one run in with one of them was not a good experience...

What happened?
nothing too major...i was sat in the stand...big bloke came up to me and said "are you a chairman?" - No - "then move, these seats are board only"...all done with a look and tone of voice of loathing and aggression i know too well to mistake. There was no sign saying reserved seating, and the stand was next to empty - all the execs were in the bar. I moved 3 fucking seats along for no good reason, stared down all the way, but then have stayed clear of the stands ever since. This was a few years back mind.

Anyway, im just wondering if theres been any interaction between fans and the execs, or what they make of the shift in culture on the terraces

What is this "shift in culture on the terraces" you're talking about?. The vast majority of fans probably wonder what the hell the Tuscany thing is about.

Last edited:
Anyway, im just wondering if theres been any interaction between fans and the execs, or what they make of the shift in culture on the terraces
Older fans like Mishi and Pink Panther will be able to tell you more. I've been told that all Isthmian League club boards are essentially old boy's clubs of one kind or another, of which the seating thing would probably be indicative. Small 'c' conservative, I'd imagine (which is essentially the case for the entire administration of football round the country). Additionally, the day-to-day running of the club and the ownership are distinct and distant. Not sure if the owners would even have much clue about any shift in fandom.
What is this "shift in culture on the terraces" you're talking about?.
Essentially, more numerous and louder and a bit younger, rather than a massive shift in culture, unless my Voodoo Stick is that epoch defining. Perhaps the board, together with opposition fans, think we're a bunch of weirdos, but fuck it, we're hardly beheading babies and lobbing them at the ref.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom