Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Bloody hell that was fantastic, and great news about the teams around us. Bit annoyed to miss the last goal (I was getting a brew), but I don't think I can really complain about the goals to pounds ratio.

Saw Phil the cat Wilson had his arm in a sling after being subbed - anyone see what happened to him? He didn't look in any particular pain so hopefully not too bad.

Enjoyed Thursday's game too. Managed to drag along my parents to that one, and Dad had bought a scarf before a half hour had gone. My Mum was very worried that The Rabble don't impart enough tactical advice though. She's a right old Jonathan Wilson, my Mum.

I'm enforcing a three-line whip in my house for Carshalton away. Hangovers are petty bourgeois.

Ashamed to say my first ever visit to Hayes Lane and I came away very impressed at the place. Excellent result on a difficult pitch, good away support although not as vocal as I'd have hoped, the singing only started half way through the second half maybe due to the club policy of no drinking outside the designated area on the half way line.

Attachments

• IMAG1017.jpg
    IMAG1017.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 20
All a bit surreal yesterday. Winning six-nil without even playing especially well. The droning C&W played on the tannoy when I arrived (I haven't heard stuff like that since I last tuned into some god-awful rural Northern Irish radio station). Cray attacking less when we had Chewy in goal for the second-half. The weird human-sized shallow grave in the half we attacked first.

I actually got told off by a steward for the pink powder. I'll bring a flare next time. Or better still, an AK-47.
good away support although not as vocal as I'd have hoped, the singing only started half way through the second half maybe due to the club policy of no drinking outside the designated area on the half way line.
Yeah, partly that rule (Bromley FC's rules I imagine... wooo, puts you off promotion to Conf South), and partly a good number of the usual singers being stuck with work/geographical displacement/soiling pants etc.
Saw Phil the cat Wilson had his arm in a sling after being subbed - anyone see what happened to him? He didn't look in any particular pain so hopefully not too bad.
Dislocated shoulder, I heard. I wonder if Gavin Rose has still got the Chico Ramos symbol to shine into the night sky. Incidentally, Chico stole my DH scarf.

Last edited:
So, who fancies a meet-up for Carshalton?
Yeah, I'm up for that, though with the caveat that there's always a chance I'll get too wasted the night before. I definitely plan to go to Carshalton. Whereabouts?
Is it worth the effort?
Excluding leaving it to dry, it was only about 20 minutes actual work, plus I'm one of these people who needs to keep himself occupied, so yeah worth the effort.

Yeah, I'm up for that, though with the caveat that there's always a chance I'll get too wasted the night before. I definitely plan to go to Carshalton. Whereabouts?

You can get a train direct from Herne Hill. It's every 30 mins (09 and 39). So what about meeting in the Commercial about one?

If I get to the match I'll almost definitely still be up from the night before and probably need of 'refreshments' throughout the game. Might anyone else be in a similar state of mind?

Loughborough Junction is marginally closer for me, and a sweeter-memoried walk as I get to go past the Morley's where I had the first meal of my honeymoon.

Photos from the game:
cray-dulwich-hamlet-05.jpg

cray-dulwich-hamlet-06.jpg

cray-dulwich-hamlet-26.jpg

cray-dulwich-hamlet-28.jpg

More: http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2013/12/...art-cray-wanderers-6-0-in-festive-goal-feast/

Has anyone got recommendations for a pub near Champion Hill where I could watch some corporate football before the Met game on Saturday? Or is the club bar the best bet?

Can't remember if this has been posted before, but I think it's fantastic. Our very own Ian Daly scoring in the Europa League, sending the St Patrick's crowd ballistic. Quite a nice chant at the end that we could perhaps use occasionally too.

Re. pubs near Champion Hill, I quite like the East Dulwich Tavern - good ales and it does show corporate football. But wouldn't want to put you off watching it in the bar!

Walker's goal is even better than I remembered. The way Erhun pulls those two defenders away, and then Walker skipping over that second challenge like some sort of wild gazelle that really really cares about the Isthmian Premier.

And The Rabble sound fantastic for the entire video. Good work everyone!

Has anyone got recommendations for a pub near Champion Hill where I could watch some corporate football before the Met game on Saturday? Or is the club bar the best bet?

The Cherry Tree is more or less opposite East Dulwich station and always shows the televised games on a big projector and various smaller screens around the place.

Good win against Grays on Boxing Day, enjoyed that. Missed the 6-0 and the chance to see Gonsalves play in goal, seems he hardly had a save to make.

Club bar is always a good look - opens at 12.30, shows the football and only £2.50 a pint before the game :)

Back
Top Bottom