Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Dulwich Bloody Hamlet. Lowestoft were apparently struggling to get a team together due to injuries.

Dulwich Bloody Hamlet. Lowestoft were apparently struggling to get a team together due to injuries.
The weather up here's been really, really lousy all day - wet and bloody windy - and the pitch was probably pretty wet and muddy to start with. I'd imagine that levelled any issues with players tbh.

I was thinking of going along actually but it was horrid out. Maybe Leiston in January...

View attachment 45293

Football Fans at Palace today
I'm tempted to make the banner, £32 FOR PALACE HOME, 5 HOURS MINIMUM WAGE. IS THIS THE WORKING MAN'S GAME?

Anyway. So, was thinking, next time we're flagged offside we sing...

♫ But we can...
You know we can...
Let's lynch the lino!
Let's lynch the lino!
Let's lynch the lino man! ♫

Last edited:
Are people around for the Boxing Day match? I'm hoping to drag my family down for their first Rabble experience after two months of waxing lyrical to them about it. I've already taught Dad the Dead Kennedys cover.

Looks like three very winnable games coming up (especially Carshalton and Cray Wanderers) so to get our goal difference ahead of Hornchurch and Maidstone would be nice.

By the way, saw someone filming the Maidstone match - anyone know if/when we'll get the highlights of that? I want to watch the Clunis goal at least five times on Christmas Day.

Last edited:
Not sure if the Maidstone highlights are available anywhere. I tried the MUFCtv link on their website but it says it’s suspended.

Two fairly local away games to go to. Cray play at Bromley FC of course, whose ground is around 1 mile from Bromley South station on this linked map:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=540548&y=167419&z=110&sv=hayes+lane&st=6&tl=Map+of+Hayes+Lane,+Bromley,+BR2&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf

Carshalton Athletic play at Colston Avenue, just a short walk from Carshalton station on the Victoria/Balham line, or just under 1 mile from Carshalton Beeches on the Victoria/Crystal Palace/West Croydon line. Map linked:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=527503&y=164797&z=110&sv=colston+avenue&st=6&tl=Map+of+Colston+Avenue,+Carshalton,+Surrey,+SM5&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf

Real ale enthusiasts may be tempted by a visit to The Hope in West Street, Carshalton, the current CAMRA Greater London Pub of the Year, which is also on a shortlist of four for the National Pub of the Year award 2013. Website linked here:
http://www.hopecarshalton.co.uk/

"Also would be great to say you can get a
Dulwich Hamlet Square Deal For the Working Man & Woman
Match day entrance
A Programme
A Burger
A Pint
and all for £15"

Yep sounds great!

Now in the REAL WORLD...

We charge the same as other clubs at our level, in fact a few charge a pound more. Our burgers seem reasonably priced, not sure how that compares with others, but they are tasty. And I understand our tea bar is run by some sort of community initiate from the estate over the road, though I don't have more details.
Or pints are reduced before & after games at all home Dulwich Hamlet matches.
We offer, I believe concession & season ticket deals that no other club in our division can match.

To bring prices down EVEN FURTHER will mean it is even harder to get enough to pay the weekly budget for our players.

By all means push for this 'wonderful' £15 deal if you know someone, or an organisation, that will offset the losses by subsidising it...otherwise, I would suggest it simply isn't going to happen.

And if what we already offer isn't a 'fair deal' for your average working Dulwich Hamlet supporter I would suggest they spend time pushing for a fair deal at their workplace, so that they can actually afford to watch The Hamlet at the great value prices we currently offer...

Are people around for the Boxing Day match? I'm hoping to drag my family down for their first Rabble experience after two months of waxing lyrical to them about it. I've already taught Dad the Dead Kennedys cover.

Looks like three very winnable games coming up (especially Carshalton and Cray Wanderers) so to get our goal difference ahead of Hornchurch and Maidstone would be nice.

By the way, saw someone filming the Maidstone match - anyone know if/when we'll get the highlights of that? I want to watch the Clunis goal at least five times on Christmas Day.
I've been checking MUFCtv everyday, desperate to watch it. Now it seems they've not updated their domain name registration. Do hope they put the highlights together, though I suppose two consecutive losses to promotion rivals doesn't get the video editing juices flowing.

And, yeah, I'll be at all the festive fixtures.

And in an interview Mathieu Boyer reckons, "Dulwich Hamlet est un club très spécial."

Last edited:
Yes
agree aspirational "Square deal" could be £16 or £17

It was an attempt to address the Crystal palace fans issue

(and I really know we should be looking at raising money)

Look ticket is £10
Pint after game (happy hour) Spitfire £2:50
Burger ??

That's why went for £15

Yes
agree aspirational "Square deal" could be £16 or £17

It was an attempt to address the Crystal palace fans issue

(and I really know we should be looking at raising money)

Look ticket is £10
Pint after game (happy hour) Spitfire £2:50
Burger ??

That's why went for £15

Burger is couple of quid iirc - maybe just over.

And, of course, while all good promotional ideas look good 'on paper', you have to remember that the people who help out on matchdays are total volunteers, and this would create extra work to implement. Also, the bar, tea bar, and admission money are totally different revenue streams, so it would be difficult to put into practice.

And we are NOT here to address overpricing in the professional game...that is something for professional fans to deal with. Big clubs can afford to offer attractive deals, clubs at our level simply cannot, beyond what we do, apart from what we do already. And despite being involved in the club, I have to say it is hard to argue for the concessions that we have got, even though they are in place, through our arguments in favour of them.

On Boxing Day we are at home to Grays Athletic...we ARE offering half price admission to both Crystal Palace & Millwall fans...please spread the word through each & every social media that you use, is you have mates that support either side.

Details on the official club website:

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwi...alace-fans-welcome-on-boxing-day-1123381.html

The fact is, you can get your admission, a pint and a snack (burger/hot dog) for around £15.

That's something the club should be proud of.

I know one Millwall season ticket holder but he's (a) back 'home' in Belfast for christmas, and (b) a snobbish cunt about non-league.
And we are NOT here to address overpricing in the professional game...that is something for professional fans to deal with.
Ah, but the inflationary impact trickles down.

Apparently DHFC fans have been knocking down flood defences in Leatherhead...

BcQQycsCIAEfqXQ.jpg:large

Dulwich v grays small che cln italy tuscany partisanC01965.jpg Dulwich v grays goal small SC01938.jpg Dulwich v grays small.jpg dulwich v grays gavin rose a1 very small DSC01937.jpg

Has to be said Grays played well and on a good day would have come away with a draw, but that said Dulwich Hamlet should have scored at least five goals today, and played some good football.

Goal scorers Clunis, Oztumer, Pinney (Pinney's first for the club)

Oztumer's was a lovely half volley which smashed into the net, Wilson made some great saves

Attendance was 558 not bad for a cold crisp boxing day, generally a good vibe today

Dulwich Hamlet are 4th (joint second on goal difference)

Rabble in good form, many new faces turning up to stand behind the goal, including a growing number of women and children, no-doubt attracted by the ever diverse selection of songs and general "feel good" vibe

Great poster of Gavin Rose "The Great Dictator" at Champion Hill, also on display wide range of art, anti fascist, anti corporate football flags as we expect

Good to see the Rabble choir moving into Ska, with vengeance today

Loved the change in words to we hate Tooting & Mitcham, We hate Leatherhead to, their wet (referring to their ground being flooded)

Rob had his Alpine cow bell again, need a few more

Another positive note is Mishi says if we carry on like this we cant get relegated

On wards and upwords Cray at Bromley on Saturday and then onto Carshalton on New Years day (Trying for a good turnout on New Years Day - if you can make it)

Good to see many friends today old and new - Happy New Year to all those on the Curva Transpontine

Spread the Joy

Dulwich v grays che small 26 dec 2013 che SC01950 che night.jpg

Last edited:
ANPI Brescia - Italian Partisan

ANPI - Is an organizsation that represents the WW2 partisans and families, and keeps their memory alive

The ANPI Brescia branch tweeted us tonight (after seeing the photo at today's game) to thank us for displaying the Italian CLN partisan flag (CLN was basically everyone left and radicals in the Catholic church) Nearly everyone else had put their lot in with Mussolini and the fascists

Never forget the Brave Resistance Movement on the "British" Channel Islands

Last edited:
Good game in the end. Thought the attendance might be a bit lower given the *flares nostrils* transient and geographically alienating nature of the global city. Shout out to Guy for printing up the gigantic Gavin Rose poster, which is of preposterous proportions. We were all a bit Boxing Day-ish but warmed up in the second half.

I've gotta say something about Burty's songsmithing. Big up Pinney man! Big up Pinney for the Dulwich! The Dulwich! The Dulwich! The Dulwich! ♫ His ability to come up with chants on the hoof is incredible.

Last edited:
After the nightmare that was my trip to Cardiff City, I'm all fired up for tomorrow's match in Bromley. Anyone else coming?
Yep. Only 15 min walk from Bromley South station, a 19 min train journey from either Peckham Rye or Brixton. Possibly the easiest away trip all season. EDIT: I tell a lie, for those of us in Peckham going Thamesmead was virtually door-to-door on the 177.

Here's some photos of Dog Kennel Hill back when the estate was made of cardboard. My dad's earliest memory growing up in Catford was seeing a tram with the destination 'Dog Kennel Hill' and imagining it must be the most fantastical place. Sadly, nay tragically, he doesn't like football so never got to find out how true this is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom