Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

"Now, to the controversial bits. Don't shoot me, kick the cat or poison your mother... I'm just asking the questions, man. First off - Would you vote for the club changing its name to Brixton Rovers in return for a corporate takeover, long-term ground security and £3million pound investment to the playing budget over 5 years?"

is that a possibility?
Along with Phil Wilson winning a Grand Slam tennis competition in the next year. Though, you never know with Dessie, he's a man with thumbs in pies. And whilst both my cats were well and truly kicked, it does raise interesting questions. Such a move would probably be very beneficial - in purely pragmatic terms - to the club given Brixton gentrification's in love with the idea of 'Brixton' (Tim Butler) qualities. But fuck that. If we wanted to be sensible we'd all be watching internet streams of Barcelona or Bayern Munich.

I've had two people now, friends of friends who admittedly aren't into football, who genuinely assumed "Dulwich Hamlet" was some sort of art prank I was going to a lot of effort to stage.

993744_10153585787240453_1585964916_n.jpg

Great match day poster Rob

Have to take the works Xmas outing steady tonight - As Champion Hill is calling

The buzz about the craic at Dulwich continues far and wide

Art for the Masses - retribution for the rich

Spread the Joy

Pink & Blue Army

I made a very uninspired attempt to 'translate' all the lyrics, but didn't get any further than "You've got your mother eating her own poo / she's not sure if you're a pink or a blue" before realising i was gushing pure nonsense.

Atmosphere a bit flat and we didn't play well. Saved by Hendon goalie's 2nd half clown antics. I don't think it's hyperbolic to claim Thomas, the 10 year old kid who clearly got into the keeper's head, was our star performer. Maidstone will take us apart on and off the pitch on Tuesday if we repeat this.

As stated Hamlet never clicked , but then again didn't think we would consed

Goalie baiting was highest quality

"small badge - small beard" very effective

"Are you Nick Clegg in disguise"

"Are those clown shoes your wearing"

Love it with free kicks when we direct the wall "Left" or "Right" alternating excellent also "2 in the wall" shouts

Rabble finally got going in second half

Robs failure to deliver bear baiting at half time as promised in his excellent poster probably contributed to the less than usual sexy football from the Hamlet

Attendance at 551 not bad for Saturday before Christmas - Two teams got less than 100 in our league including poor Thamesmead got just 76

Sing-a-long-a-ding-dong

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

12 Phil Wilsons
11 Billy Crooks
10 Xav Vidals
9 Dean Lodges
8 Ahmed Deens
7 Pete Adeniyis
6 Nyren Clunis
5 Errrr-haaaannnnns!
4 Ellis Green
3 Ian Dalys
2 Gavin Rose
And a Ju-ni-or Ka-di!

Ok. So, following feedback from Mr Dulwich, and in the spirit of keeping things memorable for me after several jars, here's a revised version of "On the first day of Christmas, my Dulwich Hamlet true love gave to me..."
12 Ellis Greens
11 Ellis Greens
10 Ellis Greens
9 Ellis Greens
8 Ellis Greens
7 Ellis Greens
6 Ellis Greens
5 Errrr-haaaannnnns!
4 Ellis Greens
3 Ellis Greens
2 Ellis Greens
And a Ju-ni-or Ka-di!

updates pls people.

also, i've decided i want a pink flag with a light blue hammer and sickle on it. i am a ham-fisted motherlover so it might not turn out very good though.

i've bought the pink flag now. phase one is complete. i hope in the chilly new year to be standing at the car wash end in my soviet greatcoat and faux-russian hat with a pink-and-blue soviet flag. now that's art.

Back
Top Bottom