Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

I'd always support the club bar over any of the local pubs given the bar prices, the Hamlets Lager is OK for the price, The Cherry Tree is soulless, the EDT full of rugby wankers, both expensive and the best pub Hoopers is gone, I'd rather save a pound a pint and watch it in the club bar, however.......are the telly's set up right, last season you couldn't read the results on the right hand side half the time?

Weather forecast for New Years Day is grim - 50-60mph winds, heavy rain, localised flooding.

Pitch inspection is scheduled at Carshalton for 11am so make sure you check the official site, twitter, or the DHFC forum before travelling.

A part of me secretly hopes it's cancelled because I'll be in a right rum old state. But then another part of me likes the idea of standing on a wind battered terrace still off my nut from the night before :D

There was talk a page back of a pre-Carshalton meet tomorrow at Loughborough Junction. Where and when?

Thanks for the pub recommendations. Not sure if how I'll feel cheering on someone else in the club bar (although, as we're going to get tubbed by City I doubt there'll be much cheering going on).

I'll be going to Carshalton, but there's not a chance in Hell of getting out early enough to get Loughborough Junction for a meet up. Maybe
editor can provide pick-me-ups...

Its 2014 so Dulwich Hamlet FC will be overrun by Romanian and Bulgarian players by now !

according to the Sun and Daily Mail

F---ing racists

FIGHT BACK IN 2014

JOBS, HOUSING, LIVING WAGE, DEMOCRACY & DULWICH HAMLET FC CHAMPIONS

Last edited:
Weather forecast for New Years Day is grim - 50-60mph winds, heavy rain, localised flooding.

Pitch inspection is scheduled at Carshalton for 11am so make sure you check the official site, twitter, or the DHFC forum before travelling.
Thankfully there seems to be cover behind both goals (and plenty of banging potential):
549948_10152511899965457_897112022_n.jpg

Really needs something similar at Champion Hill imo.

It certainly does, notice teams like Wealdstone & Maidstone with bigger away support always go under the side cover when they come down. Up near the Magdala the roofers across the road from me thought Millwall were at home when Wealdstone scored a few weeks ago.

+++ GAME OFF +++ GAME OFF +++ GAME OFF +++

Pitch deemed unplayable.
Really needs something similar at Champion Hill imo.
Absolutely agree, and surely it'd eventually pay for itself with increased attendances thanks to rain cover and an even better atmosphere. Sadly zero chance whilst the ground's lease is (a) close to running out, and (b) held in the trustworthy hands of a property development firm in administration!

+++ GAME OFF +++ GAME OFF +++ GAME OFF +++

Pitch deemed unplayable.

Absolutely agree, and surely it'd eventually pay for itself with increased attendances thanks to rain cover and an even better atmosphere. Sadly zero chance whilst the ground's lease is (a) close to running out, and (b) held in the trustworthy hands of a property development firm in administration!
Is there any room for manoeuvre? Say a group of people from the community organised themselves and arranged a temporary structure?

Perhaps a local scaffolding firm could be persuaded to help in exchange for advertising along the front of the structure or something?

Is there any room for manoeuvre? Say a group of people from the community organised themselves and arranged a temporary structure?

Perhaps a local scaffolding firm could be persuaded to help in exchange for advertising along the front of the structure or something?

A major London scaffolding firm are very closely linked to the ownership. It's not that easy though, just putting up a few poles with a corrugated roof on top isn't safe and they would have to be set in concrete to prevent the whole thing blowing away.

I assume planning permission would probably be required, cue depressing NIMBYism. Without wanting to sound like a wanky Shoreditch shopping mall entrepreneur, I did wonder if even just plonking secondhand shipping containers behind each goal, cut open lengthways, would work/be allowed. Maybe i should add that to the Rebuilding Dulwich Hamlet After Nuclear Armageddon pile.

I assume planning permission would probably be required, cue depressing NIMBYism. Without wanting to sound like a wanky Shoreditch shopping mall entrepreneur, I did wonder if even just plonking secondhand shipping containers behind each goal, cut open lengthways, would work/be allowed. Maybe i should add that to the Rebuilding Dulwich Hamlet After Nuclear Armageddon pile.

A classic trendy 'pop up' stand.

We've signed a new 'keeper today, on loan to cover for Phil Wilson while he is out injured. Yannick Nlate joins us from Maidenhead United, and his wages will be covered by the 12th Man scheme while he is with us.

Got a good pedigree too - see profile here:

YANNICK NLATE - PROFILE

A towering 6’4” tall 22-year-old who played for Red Star ’93, Lens and Creteil-Lusitanos in his native France, Nlate has had spells with Haringey Borough, AFC Wimbledon, Staines Town, who he joined in September 2012 but never actually took the field before moving onto Merstham.

He then trialled with Stoke City and signed for Kettering Town, where he made fifteen appearances in the Southern Premier Division.

He moved onto then Conference North side Droylsden towards the end of last season and spent a large part of this last pre-season on trial with Swindon Town.

I think percussion works best in sudden bursts, like a dozen of us kicking a tin terrace for a few minutes, rather than the crowd relying on it. More cowbells required. Or hell, bring your pots and pans, people.

Here's Ellis Green, with his instantly recognisable gait, scoring a delicious goal against us a couple of years back:

And here's some footage which really highlights the increase in attendances over the last few years (and improvements in pitch tending):

Back
Top Bottom