Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

KINGSTONIANS

Well firstly what a great away turnout at Kingstonian good 200 Hamlet fans today

The Rabble had great problems getting its bearings in the ground as you could not stand behind one goal as the stand was closed

When we did assemble made a great noise and looked good

and after the first goal Hamlet should have been 2-0 up in the first 20mins

But what I don't understand is people who stand with the (admittedly odd) Rabble then complain about flags getting in the way (not even in a constructive way) , its like complaining that we sing as it interrupts your concentration - why don't they just move - or maybe there right and we should stop the flags

We need more flags not less (surely - maybe I am getting this wrong)

Cow bells went down well

now for a bit of controversy , but nothing I haven't stated before

there is a big sign outside Kingstonians and for that matter Champion Hill regarding swearing

Some of the swearing (in my view) gets out of hand especially at away games - (just saying)

Obviously, Kingstonians got a dubious penalty (our new goalie a bit foolish to rush in) and as we went for the winner hit on counter attack - certainly didn't deserve to lose

The rabble showed great support at the end remaining to sing for a further 15 mins lead by Mishi and Rob's interpretation of a Toon army fan) (eventually in the dark as they turned out the floodlights)

Well done to everyone who turned up today - it looked very impressive

We lost today and we will again !

Reactions: EDC
A very good summary. I wasn't aware of the flag moaners, it's not like there wasn't enough room to find a good view elsewhere and yes some of the swearing as we walk along the side at the end of the first half was a bit pointless and embarrassing.

200+ Hamlet fans IMO and that attendance announcement of 500ish seemed iffy.

The covered side and end made for a great atmosphere.

I ended up being about a half hour late because of transport problems, so was still walking behind our goal for the penalty decision. I can say categorically, and without a degree of subjectivity, that Nlate got a hand to it and it was not a penalty. However, given where their forward was, it was foolish to rush to ground for the ball and from where the ref was I'm sure it looked like one. It's just a shame he was also badly positioned for all of the 6,743 fouls committed by Kingstonians that went unpunished.

All the same, a complete outrage and we were all well within our rights to occupy the stand after the game. Sad/amused to hear Robert has been banned for life from returning (free the Dulwich one etc etc), but not entirely surprised given the levels of cloying regulation the neo-fascistic stewards had us living under.

Sad/amused to hear Robert has been banned for life from returning (free the Dulwich one etc etc), but not entirely surprised given the levels of cloying regulation the neo-fascistic stewards had us living under.

Worst supporter to ever visit the ground, I can't believe that for a minute. Still two pitch invasions and a cloud of pink Sarin is pretty serious stuff.

A view of the rabble early into the second half. Bear in mind another thirty or so were still queuing at the tea bar for a cuppa, one woman serving bugers, hots dogs, tea the lot. Pathetic.

Attachments

• IMAG1039.jpg
    IMAG1039.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 29
kingston dhfc laugh steward dulwich hamlet 12 jan 2014 DSC02195.jpg

Well the Stewards were laughing at this point at the end of the game (see woman senior steward)

Think this is all down to AFC Wimbledon steward overkill

Some great photos about...

Bdz_vcsCYAAWCzY.jpg:large

And they can fuck themselves regarding the swearing. Some people - some social groups - swear, so what? The FA has banned 'political flags' are we gonna stick to that when they put signs outside grounds?

Last edited:
Everyone should check out the rest of the Stuart Tree pics from the game - they look cool as fuck.

The Hamlet fans were magnificent today. I don't think I've ever seen fans who have just lost a regular league game keep on singing until all the lights on the stadium are out and the security have to push them out.

Kingsmeadow is a league ground due to Wimbledon.
I know that! It was a non-league game, though. I presume they chose to have that many stewards, and for the stewards to act that way, rather than it to have been enforced by the league. Poor show.

I would guess that the level of security is a stipulation demanded by their landlords.

The fact that we're perfectly well behaved at home games with so few and such laidback stewards says something about fans' capacity to control themselves. Yesterday I even got told off within a few minutes because my cowbell drum stick had rolled off the hoarding and fallen two inches onto the turf (not the actual pitch, just the beginning of the grass).
yes some of the swearing as we walk along the side at the end of the first half was a bit pointless and embarrassing.
Not sure about the rest, but me and a few others were singing a "Dulwich motherfuckers" chant based on:

Back
Top Bottom