Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Erhun's free-kick versus Herne Bay
EfybeO.gif

Its real good to see the highlights for those not able to get to Margate
its a real shame video at DHFC is so adhoc

You can hear The rabble even before we make the come back

the wind certainly catches the ball for Margates second (so don't blame the goalie for that one)

Love the way the team celebrated with our fans on third (real passion)

When the fourth went in I can see the voodoo stick moving at 100 mph up the perimeter in delight with Rob holding on tight (magical powers)

well done again to our fans who attended - what a night

see you saturday

Last edited:
Celebration for the third Hamlet goal was mental - ed's photo is amazing - total love. Cracking strike from Xavi. Love it.

Last edited:
Some of you might remember I stole my landlord's curtains to make a flag for flag day last season. Tonight I finally got round to updating it (barring the odd drink-fuelled mistake, hastily covered up with some white paint) with the fact that WE ARE CHAMPIONS.

It was a bit embarrassing to have the Senior Cup on there and not the league title :D

The flag will make its return to Champion Hill asap:

x9I74Ec.jpg

Last edited:
Vidal's goal has driven me mad with desire. Hold back on the £50bil for HS2 boys, Xavier'll kick those trains to Birmingham in half the time
Great stuff (is that a mirror image of the goal?!)

Any truth in the rumour that Moan Utd are after Xavi? I assume that's just because one of the usual scouts has been around Champion Hill, but anyone know any more?

Drunk guy came up to me in the Peckham spoons tonight and said, "You go to Dulwich Hamlet with the dude in the pink & blue hard hat!!" Then met a bunch of 20 year olds chatting about my favourite ever television program.

Incidentally, some of us met the new owner of Margate after the match. Had something of the robotic about him. He was convinced he could thrown money at the club and build a hotel (note, they're not exactly on the seafront) and they'd settle in the Conference (further googling has shown he even thinks Football League is "realistic"!) I guess that's the other, recklessly optimistic, extreme of dodgy football club owners.

Speaking of which, there was apparently another meeting tonight. From what I know the previous one was about:
  • £50,000 + of debt mainly owed on utilities and built up over a number of years
  • A North London property developer is close to purchasing freehold property that includes the stadium - presumably Right To Bid ACV window would then kick in (Developer wants to "help" by building DH a new stadium on the Greendale fields, which is according to Southwark council already a non-starter as it's Metropolitan Open Land and the existing ground is protected as open space. All this is so they can build housing on the existing ground.)
  • And there's some possibility of moving the club into one form of community or mutual ownership if the Supporters' Trust use their battle funds towards bailing out the debts built up by those running the football club.

Incidentally, some of us met the new owner of Margate after the match. Had something of the robotic about him. He was convinced he could thrown money at the club and build a hotel (note, they're not exactly on the seafront) and they'd settle in the Conference (further googling has shown he even thinks Football League is "realistic"!) I guess that's the other, recklessly optimistic, extreme of dodgy football club owners.

Inside every football club owner, there's a Ken Bates trying to get out.

Great stuff (is that a mirror image of the goal?!)

Nope, nothing as artistic and technical as that, it's every bit as straight and true as the goal itself.

Financial situation sounds dire. Anyone know what chance is there of staying on at Champion Hill next season? Obviously a mutual would be great but God knows how much they'd be wanting DHST to cough up towards the bill.

Speaking of which, there was apparently another meeting tonight. From what I know the previous one was about:
  • £50,000 + of debt mainly owed on utilities and built up over a number of years
  • A North London property developer is close to purchasing freehold property that includes the stadium - presumably Right To Bid ACV window would then kick in (Developer wants to "help" by building DH a new stadium on the Greendale fields, which is according to Southwark council already a non-starter as it's Metropolitan Open Land and the existing ground is protected as open space. All this is so they can build housing on the existing ground.)
  • And there's some possibility of moving the club into one form of community or mutual ownership if the Supporters' Trust use their battle funds towards bailing out the debts built up by those running the football club.
There's no way Margate will get to the Footbal League. The town is too small to sustain a club at that level and too far out on a limb georgaphically to attact support from neighbouring areas. They were a small Conference National club for a few years, but they must have to pay a premium to bring players in from further afield as there will be a limited pool of local talent the higher thy go.

This "stadium redevelopment proposal sounds remarkably similar to the one DHPD (the recently defunct previous leaseholders) were proposing, and also the "Hambase" proposals that were thrown out by Southwark Council in 2002, for a Saisbury's Homebase on the current ground with a new one on Greendales.

Ground issues are worrying. We're extremely vulnerable (unless one of us wins £10m on the lottery and can purchase the freehold.)

The ground/Greendales may be classed as open land, but why would a property developer buy the site if they didn't think they could persuade Southwark Council to let them build houses there? As Southwark have shown elsewhere (e.g. the sale of the Heygate estate) they can be spineless fucks when it comes to property deals. The whole situation doesn't fill me full of confidence.

Nice idea to get the supporters' trust involved in the running/ownership of the club via helping to bail out the debts….but does the club actually have any physical assets? (Other than a league place, a year or so left on the lease to the current ground, and the best fans :) )

Should be able to make it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom