Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

he looks fantastic - was the first a deflection? keeper looked wrong-footed
Yep. Sadly, for the purists, but did give us a heart-in-mouth half-second for extra joy.

I'm not gonna name names, but apparently a Dulwich Hamlet fan late last night turned down "a middle-class sex orgy" not because the sphere of their radical class politics extends to their groin but because they had been completely satisfied emotionally and psychologically by Hamlet's gloriously sensational victory.

Oh yeah, in what-the-fuck news: Someone told me a Bognor fan went up to them at the urinal and proceeded to announce, seething with genuine rage, what a disgrace it is that we have so many black players. Can't even get my head round that level of bigotry.

Oh yeah, in what-the-fuck news: Someone told me a Bognor fan went up to them at the urinal and proceeded to announce, seething with genuine rage, what a disgrace it is that we have so many black players. Can't even get my head round that level of bigotry.
I wish that was captured on video.

That sending off offence didn't look anywhere near as bad as I first thought.
Likewise. Alright he shouldn't have retaliated, but was it really worth more than a yellow card? He just pushed the bloke once in the chest in retaliation to a crude and cynical foul. That couild easily have cost us all three points. Enfield had posed no attacking threat whatsoever until that point. If we'd kept eleven men on the field I think we'd have won by a three or four goal margin. Still, it helped set up the exciting finale! Three match suspension for Dean Lodge now, starting from Finchley away on 7 December.

How about before the home game against Wealdstone (Saturday) we meet by the Mag (now Patch) by the old Police station (Closed by Boris) and go as a group down Lordship Lane - to Champion Hill

A great game on Saturday and a fair result. Your 10 was immense: "a 5'3" Messi" according to one of our lot. And as for your fourth goal - bloody hell! That was something special. You bastards ;)

The Cold End's highlights and reports are always good, but he can't do every game unfortunately. His report and the highlights are here.

Was good to meet editor, Lucy Fur, vornstyle76 and others at half-time. Loved the "Ref You Mug" placard :D We need something like that. Was great to hear some decent opposition singing too.

Here's Kirby's amazing save for you:

d+058.JPG

Good luck for the rest of the season. Just make sure you turn those Wealdstone bastards over!

Dulwich Hamlet FC playing at Cray Wanders at BromleyFC ground TUESDAY NIGHT is that CORRECT

Bromley, Kent, BR2 9EF

Easy Parking at Bromley FC (reliably informed by a Bromley FC fan)

Last edited:
we need to sort out our coverage radio/video
I'd quite enjoy doing that actually, especially designing some pisstaking idents etc., but there's no way I'd give up standing, singing and dancing with The Rabble. I like watching the goals afterward, but the problem with video is it never captures the atmosphere. Even good highlights like these seem barren in comparison to what we went through. This is a very untelevisual form of football... (perhaps all football is).
How about before the home game against Wealdstone (Saturday) we meet by the Mag (now Patch) by the old Police station (Closed by Boris) and go as a group down Lordship Lane - to Champion Hill
Meeting for even a bit of a walk (plus chants and a can of beer) before the match would be fun and get us in the mood.
Your 10 was immense: "a 5'3" Messi" according to one of our lot.
I must ask, what's it like supporting the other side when Erhun is in full flow? Are you just shitting your pants? Or do you bite your bottom lip in trepidated excitement, fighting the urge to fall to your knees and scream out, "Take us! Take us! We're not worthy!"?
We are fucking shit hot. Can anyone bite our style?!
You know, it's almost irritating. Intellectually speaking I've reached this point where I can happily champion the subjective nuances of football, reject aesthetical hierarchies, and dismiss the iron cage of hyper-athletic rationalised sporting bureaucracies. But at Dulwich Hamlet I'm reduced to screaming, "SEE THAT PIECE OF SKILL??!! YOU WERE FUCKED UP NUMBER 5, YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT!! ARRGGGHHHH!"

Last edited:
I must ask, what's it like supporting the other side when Erhun is in full flow? Are you just shitting your pants? Or do you bite your bottom lip in trepidated excitement, fighting the urge to fall to your knees and scream out, "Take us! Take us! We're not worthy!"?
More a case of "oh bollocks, don't stand off him... shit he's scored :mad:".
Don't forget, I've seen the great Enfield sides of the 80s. Including the God-like genius that was Noel Ashford. Now there was a man who'd shit you up. Master of the outrageous lob :cool:
Sadly we don't/can't sing "We're the kings of non-league football, tralalalala lala la la" any more. It did used to irritate the shit out of the opposition fans though, hehe. Although we do sing "Champions of Europe" - we beat Beveren in the Supporters Direct Cup. That's enough of an excuse for us ;)

Forgot to say - you are going to fucking hammer Cray, and it won't be pretty. They appear to be worse than us :D

e2a Tom's photos from Saturday are here.

Last edited:
Heh, I'm in a few of those. Love the distraught ballboy pic :D
Sorry about the tea bar. "Bit of a cock-up on the catering front", so to speak (now, where's that from?)
Nice write-up.

Tuesday 3rd: Millwall vs Forest, Palace vs West Ham AND Dulwich vs Hanwell Town. The Met will have their work cut out in South London that night.

What the... Cray Wanderers 5-1 Dulwich Hamlet.

Team: Wilson, Myers, Campbell, Samuels, Okoye, Pinnock, Mansaray, Vidal, Henry-Francis, Moran, Walker

Thank fuck I didn't go!

oooch finally got the Bromley ....ummm

nice ground (looks very professionally run club) even soap in the toilets

very heavy tackles from the Crays - seemed to intimidate a depleted Dulwich hamlet team

The announcer couldnt even get the goal scorer for Dulwich right - but the annoyance of Goalkeeper in not keeping a clean sheet was very visible and exploited by our fans

About 50 Hamlet fans made the trek to Bromley

If we're gonna take a Rose-enraging tonking I'd rather it happen to an almost-reserves side in the League Cup.

50 away is impressive for what everyone knew would be a reserves team.

Making a decision now, admittedly in drink, to attend a match in the New Year maybe even over the upcoming festive season. I have a black and white striped shirt that turned pink and black in one of my few washing machine errors. It's not perfect but it is close enough!

Back
Top Bottom