Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

My first post on here after viewing some of the links from the "mainstream" Hamlet forum. I've really enjoyed seeing the pictorial match reports on our games over the last year or so. (Some of the goals are captured in stunning clarity, and the shots of joyous supportdrs on the terraces are brilliant.) They perfectly encapsulate the vibrant atmosphere being created by our diverse crowd of supporters on matchdays at Champion Hill these days. I've been supporting the Hamlet regularly for 35 years now and have never enjoyed it so much as during the last twelve months or so, since we went on that long winning streak through the middle of last wineter and the crowd numbers really began going through the roof. Let's hope we can keep it all going.

Some travel info for Saturday's match at Enfield Town:

Ignore train directions given in the Concord programme as the Southbury line is closed for engineering works.
Use Enfield Town station instead, directions linked below from ETFC website:
"http://www.enfieldtownfootballclub.....co.uk/a/travel-to-enfield-town-fc-26509.html">http://www.enfieldtownfootballclub.co.uk/a/travel-to-enfield-town-fc-26509.html</a
>
Trains run from Liverpool Street every fifteen minutes, journey time 33 mins, also calling 17 mins later at Seven Sisters where there's a connection with the Victoria Line Underground.
Bus route maps for Enfield:
"http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround...v.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/enfield.pdf">http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/enfield.pdf</a
>
Streetmap of Enfield:
"http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=533711&y=197142&z=110&sv=ladysmith road&st=6&tl=Map of Ladysmith Road, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf'>http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=533711&y=197142&z=110&sv=ladysmith road&st=6&tl=Map of Ladysmith Road">http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=533711&y=197142&z=110&sv=ladysmith road&st=6&tl=Map of Ladysmith Road</a>, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf
I reckon it's just under 1 mile to walk all the way from the station, but I've never actually been to this ground before.

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the travel update!
I'm definitely going to the Enfield game on Saturday. I'm coming from Brixton, so will go the Seven Sisters route.

As an aside, given that Dulwich Hamlet seem to have become the unofficial urban75 team of choice, do you reckon there's enough interest for a sub forum?

Hard luck last night. Sounds close too.

Getting to Saturday's venue: it's a bit of a stroll from Enfield Town station. You could get the train to Enfield Chase from King's Cross or Finsbury Park and then the 191 bus. Turn right out of EC station, down the hill past the Old Wheatsheaf pub (very good beer) and turn left at the lights. Get the 191 from the first stop you see and get off at the Linwood Crescent stop. Entrance to Donkey Lane is a bit further up on the right. Redemption ale in the bar...

Last edited:
As an aside, given that Dulwich Hamlet seem to have become the unofficial urban75 team of choice, do you reckon there's enough interest for a sub forum?

I don't think so personally. There's not much outside this thread and I don't think it moves fast enough for anything to be crowded out.

Maybe it would be worth seeing if there's enough support for a non-league section in the football / sports section. It might be fun to get some banter going with supporters of other non league teams as well as the Dulwich Hamlet fans. There does seem to be a growing swell of interest for non league football.

The reason I suggested it was that I think such a forum would attract a lot of new posts/posters and give Hamlet's profile a bit of a boost, but I'm easy either way.

Maybe - certainly there are some new posters coming in already so it might do more. To be honest my personal view is that there's more than enough sub-forums already but I know others don't see it like that.

Maybe - certainly there are some new posters coming in already so it might do more. To be honest my personal view is that there's more than enough sub-forums already but I know others don't see it like that.
I'd normally agree, but I think it's slightly different with Hamlet given the real life social element that has evolved here. But, like I said, I'm not pushing for anything and was just wondering out loud.

Re: non league forum. I suspect that if we made one of them, we'd be under pressure to create forums for every ruddy division! I would have thought a non league thread would do the job well enough,no?

Last edited:
I'd normally agree, but I think it's slightly different with Hamlet given the real life social element that has evolved here. But, like I said, I'm not pushing for anything and was just wondering out loud.

Re: non league forum. I suspect that if we made one of them, we'd be under pressure to create forums for every ruddy division! I would have thought a non league thread would do the job well enough,no?

Actually thinking about it I reckon the best way forward is just to ban all that Man U/Liverpool shite from the football forum.;)

I hope the local North London emergency services have prepared for an explosion of depraved sexual longing and jealousy in the Enfield area on saturday afternoon as some fully primed transpontine sexpots prepare to strut their stuff across the one mile walk from station to stadium.

Harry Ottaway Quiz - Friday (This Friday) 22nd November (7:30 for 8pm start at Champion Hill, Club House

show Your Support

We are Community

We are Dulwich Hamlet FC

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the quiz is on? General knowledge? An intimate recollection of the DH reserves in the 1994/95 season? Somewhere inbetween? I may be able to convince people the closer it is to the former.

TONIGHT FRIDAY 22nd NOVEMBER

If Your part of the pink & Blue Army need to pop into Champion Hill tonight if at all possible (even if just for a quick half and to buy a strip of raffle tickets)

Harry Ottaway Benefit - 7:30 TONIGHT Champion Hill

Community is what we do !!!

Community is what we do !!!
...except when unsocial cancer-causing working hours get in the way, alas. I'm gonna ask around and see if we can donate a fiver to the Ottaway fund at tomorrow's game.

Few relevant titbits from this week:

Met someone who doesn't even like football but recognised me as a DH fan from Brixton Buzz photographs. "It looks so fun, it makes me wish I liked football."
Met a Lewes fan who gushed about how amazing we are, both team and fans. He's very jealous of our "fuck you" colours.
A mate who went on Saturday was amazed by the atmosphere during the second-half, possibly the best he's ever experienced at a football match. Didn't believe me when I said it was often better than that.

Incidentally, the housing protest I was involved with got a lot of coverage for the previously ignored Build To Rent policy, including Owen Hatherley in the Guardian, a dazed interview and even this supportive Spectator blog piece. I think arranging an action, conducting it in a pink & blue scarf, avoiding arrest and sneaking into Champion Hill for free after halftime may be the secret to politicized football.

Last edited:
Incredible turnout tonight for Harry Ottaway at Dulwich hamlet - Think Evonne stunned by attendance around 100 (14 teams) - great fun and Mishi and co raised the dosh !!! (well done to the organisers)

Great rendition at the end of oh Harry Harry Harry....Harry Harry Harry Ottaway !!!

Meet a lovely school Governor - who started attending 3 years ago and she says DHFC so much part of her life now.

Lets not lose this !!!! This is our joy our theatre of dreams - Don't let them steal it from us like everything else

(Gets very emotional........)

No Pasaran

Gavin Rose's Pink & Blue Army

One of the best matches I've ever been to. Felt like I was travelling through my own anus in 4D into a world of pure joy. This is as close to religious ecstasy as football gets. On my knees screaming. And then outsinging-by-default a carriage full of clearly intimidated and deathly silent Arsenal fans on the Victoria Line homewards to our transpontine wonderland. Brilliant. Ranting and raving about the cultural significance of DHFC on the Brixton tube escalators. Inspired. Pink and blue blood still haemorrhaging through my brain after the last two goals. Love this club. Love us. We are fucking great.

A fantastic win - gutted I wasn't there today. (I have another football team to support too :oops: )

Back to winning ways. The upcoming games against Maidstone and Wealdstone will be crucial.

Here's the top half of the table:

M1e55Te.png

Back
Top Bottom