Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

FA Trophy ranks second only to the FA Cup on the prestigeometer. And whilst Conference clubs dominate, and recently ex-league clubs, there are precedents of similarly levelled clubs winning the trophy, such as Burscough who were 18th in the NPL in 2003, and Hednesford Town a year later

There's a chance I'll miss this match due to possible arrest beforehand, but hopefully see you there.

Last edited:
I might be there….brother Hatter is coming up for the weekend with his wife…so it depends on whether I can persuade them along…Bro will def come to the football, we just need to encourage the ladies to sample the delights of shopping along Lordship Lane :)

I shall definately br there, not so sure I'll be honouring the Yugoslavian wotsits, probably just cheering on the Hamlet, innit. But deffo death to the fascists! Rob! Are you really to be arrested, or is this more of your beautiful constructed and invigorating hyperbole? ;-)

Great Game of football today, good crowd (never just 462) _ took a while for Rabble to warm up - but got their in the end.

love the poster of Gavin Rose - excellent

How many other clubs in the UK honour a black manager !!!

Rob failed to bring voodoo stick which explains loss at Bognor and draw today

also missed banners - but good to see at least some Partisan & progressive flags

Good to see more flags being waved as well

Big crowd joined the Rabble for the second half good 250

Champion Hill is our Theatre of dreams

Under the pavements the pitch

Rob! Are you really to be arrested, or is this more of your beautiful constructed and invigorating hyperbole? ;-)
I was definitely in a situation that involved the police turning up to the Stratford luxury flat we were occupying for a housewarming party. http://letdown.org.uk/

I turned up 76 minutes late and BOOM we equalize. Good atmosphere today. Nice vine here: https://vine.co/v/ht19BhuZ7di

Last edited:
Some pics:

dulwich-hamlet-concord-rangers-08.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-concord-rangers-10.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-concord-rangers-26.jpg

http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2013/11/...yle-in-1-1-fa-vase-draw-with-concord-rangers/

Had a nice chat with Mathieu Boyer in the bar after the game. He was very apologetic for the red card at Bognor but adamant that the ref got it wrong. He's really enjoying playing at Dulwich and loves the fans/club culture. Worked in admin for Lyon's academy and played for third/fourth tier football, so he's obviously a decent player. Said the crowds were terrible in France though (50-100) and so he's very appreciative of us lot (always applauds the rabble after the game). Also trialled at Hornchurch in pre-season but didn't like it and was much more impressed with Dulwich's training and general setup.

Great report on Mathieu Boyer

Shows importance of Gavin Rose set up

and "The Rabble"

I do hope we keep it pure anti sexist, anti racist, anti fascist with a healthy dose of anrcho - syndicalism and situationalism (circa Paris 68/69)

We demand more Art in the Theatre of Dreams !

On a practical note Harry Ottaway benefit night Friday 22nd November 8:00 at Champion Hill

You could philosophise as to how this intellectual encounter was a struggle between the aesthetically pleasing pink & blue boys and the conflict theorists of Concord. Or you could just enjoy the match for what it was - a bloody good match up with two decent teams.

They were STRONG. Not dirty, just well hard and organised incredibly well at the back. Only a few chances fell to the Hamlet. We came close.

I loved it on Saturday. It felt like a proper football match - the floodlights, a cup tie and a brilliant, brilliant Rabble crowd for the second half. Once again - football has never been this much fun. I've got a pal who holds a season ticket for... Charlton. He's seriously thinking about not re-newing next season and becoming part of a proper fan culture.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Away to Gosport Borough (who are in the Conference South) in the FA Trophy First Round Proper if we can get past Concord in the replay on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Away to Gosport Borough (who are in the Conference South) in the FA Trophy if we can get past Concord in the replay on Tuesday.
I actually looked up Concord's address to see if the trip was feasible and it's a bugger to get to.

It maybe just a bit too far to go on a cold Tuesday night. But I'll almost certainly be there at Enfield!

Great result for you lot Saturday. Good luck on funny-smelling Canvey tonight!
You won't need much luck on Saturday though - we (Enfield) are pants at the moment. And we've just sacked our manager :(

Sammy Igoe, blimey. I remember when he was quite good. Played for Reading and was quite a hot prospect. A quick, tricky winger. I remember him destroying us down the left wing one year, then we signed him on loan for a bit - but he hardly played.

Super Sammy Igoe- Used to play for us, too.

Back
Top Bottom