Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

The radio commentary was going on about our "fierce rivalry" which strikes me as odd. A lot of us didn't prioritize this fixture at all, but obviously would have if it was a fierce rivalry. I guess Bognor are still mad at the "Cheating South Londoners" 2011 play-off semi win (I'd have thought our team's meek surrender in 2012 would have calmed them down a bit). So perhaps they were that bit more up for it. I guess this is the problem when a stylish bunch of swaggering handsome bastards in fantastic colours light up the non-leagues: all those grey teams hate you and raise their game. Reminds me of my fur coat wearing teenage years.

Bognor 4 Dulwich Hamlet 2

We lost to day and we will again !

But I am sure Gavin Rose and his squad will learn from what was nothing more than a mugging in a cold wet seaside town

Yes Bognor edged the first half (Well played Phil Wilson again), but second half for 30mins Dulwich were rampant and playing great flowing football

But then disaster

No penalty, no sending off

But that said DHFC needed to regroup and defend in numbers, from the commentary I heard we were still attacking

Especially proud of our away support, great to put on a coach and others went by car and train - and yes you could sing their hearts out

Enjoyed the opportunity to listen to the game on the live stream so well done Bognor for that, and when I rang to check if the game was on, officials polite and helpful

I have confidence Gavin will turn this defeat into a learning exercise and as with previous defeats we can move on (after all Maidstone dropped 2 points as well)

We need to redouble our efforts on the terraces home and away to support the Pink & Blue Army

We lost to day and we will again !

Grass roots football not Football PLC

The Hamlet official report is also baffled about that penalty.
Following Lodge's second goal it appeared that The Hamlet had taken a grip on the game and Bognor began to pose less of a threat.

This changed with 3 minutes remaining when a cross from the Dulwich left was slid across the edge of the six yard box but the onrushing Bognor forward was unable to get on the end of it and the danger seemed to have passed. To everybody's amazement, the referee had seen something that appeared to have escaped both teams and every Bognor fan behind the goal.

He decided that Mathieu Boyer had pushed the onrushing forward, even though he was in front of him, and pointed to the spot. To compound matters he also ruled that Boyer had denied a clear goalscoring opportunity and sent him off. Ben Johnson stepped up and confidently converted from the spot.
Even their own fans think that the penalty was dodgy.
dodgy penalty gave Bognor an equaliser in the 86th minute and I think most fans would have taken a draw. However Bognor continued to push forward and a goalmouth scramble lead to Robson making amends for his first half miss then deep into injury time Doddy stole a 4th to give Bognor a great victory coming back from the death!!
Overall I feel we were a little lucky to gain a win, but if we had put our chances in, in the first half the game could have been over by half time.
A great game and without a doubt Dulwich are the best side we have played this year so far. 3 more points and up the table we go!!!!! http://bognorfc.proboards.com/thread/4762/rocks-dulwich?page=1&scrollTo=28804

hold the front page....I cornered John D Beasley over the weekend re Tuscany...
  • He has never had a beef with DHFC, Just the Sainsbos land grab
  • Tuscany was a quote from a letter he received from a local resident opposing Sainsbos building plans
  • Apparently kings college sports fields ( as were ) were an asset to the community
  • He quoted the letter during a public meeting on the subject
  • DHFC supporters apparently sniggered when it came up
  • He very pleased the DHFC is doing well. yes really.
  • He has no beef with football, indeed enjoys it, but prefers cricket
  • He is aware that songs are sung because of his impassioned speech

so there you have it. hes actually a decent sort and hasnt a bad bone in his body.

Yes John Beasley has done much for Dulwich/Peckham and has written some great historical books, hes also "progressive" it was just a shame he ended up on the wrong side of the debate, the truth is if Sainsburys had not got the land then DHFC would have had no ground.

What was required and still is - is a municipal council owned stadium (as in Germany)

But that's politics (Right demand less community resources - Left want more)

Grateful post on Mr Beasley ( and pleased he has had an opportunity to put his position forward)

We will of course continue to fly the Tuscan flag (a flag based on a great WW2 Partisan movement) and sing our now famous song at every game

and yes we do look like Tuscany and you can still see rows of poplar trees from Champion hill (Van Gough who lived by the oval would be pleased)

Tuscany !!!

Oh god, if we're going to start celebrating the dreary Peckham Society as some sort of force for good I might just nail my testicles to Peckham Rye station's stunning Victorian waiting room. What a shaven and bleached bumhole South London's becoming. *carries on looking at minimum wage jobs in Belfast so that I might have some chance of housing a family*

Sure you will get a council house in northern ireland if you have children - but like Hotel California (without the weather - 30 shades of rain) you can check in anytime but you can never leave (also nice community murals)

Can someone please keep an eye on the enamel badge situation at Dulwich Hamlet? They were out of stock last time I was there.

Photos from Saturday:

bognor-dulwich-hamlet-02.jpg

bognor-dulwich-hamlet-17.jpg

bognor-dulwich-hamlet-19.jpg

http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2013/11/the-great-seaside-swindle-bognor-regis-4-dulwich-hamlet-2/

Did you try the bread pudding, editor?
I didn't, but only because I'd already bought a large sized brick of a bread pudding in the town earlier and still had a vast chunk left in my bag. However, some folks around me were very enthusiastic about it and I liked seeing it as an option.

You'll like ours at Enfield Town on Saturday week, assuming you're coming. It's even mentioned in the programme :D
I probably shall be in attendance and bread pudding is always welcome.

Last time I was at Enfield was seeing Cardiff City draw (I think) in the FA Cup, back in the glorious days when Cardiff looked like Cardiff.

I think we've talked about this before. I remember us losing and you remember us winning. Two different games!
The Donkey Dome's hardly Southbury Road (sob) but it's rather pretty. I'll see if I can find you there. I want to meet Mishi anyway.
Bread pud available from the club shop - the hatch in the wall by the entrance to the stand and bar. "50p a brick" says Arkwright, the keeper of all things shop.

It's Concord Rangers at home in the cup. You know, the mob that beat us in a final last season.

*grudge

Back
Top Bottom