Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Those supporting Apartheid South Africa - said sport before politics

Like racism at football or Homophobia its political

sport is always political

Just as corporate football PLC is

non league football is still a working class sport (one of the last remaining organiation as Rob has pointed out, that and the Catholic church)

Kings College Hospital is rather important to local people
as is Lewisham Hospital
any lose in services at Kings impacts on our local community

If fans (and players) are forced out of East Dulwich area because of lack of affordable housing or high rents that's surely an issue that we should address

Our community is being social cleansed by Foxtons

we offer cheaper admission to NHS workers, 999 workers and unwaged (that's also political)

Football is political

The number of working class and ethnic minorities in East Dulwich area has diminished dramatically in recent years - nurses, teachers, social workers can no longer afford to buy here - 2 bedroom house looking at £600k and rents are increasingly dramatically.

Estate Agents move into up and coming area's, Foxtons are one of many (accepted) (I have no problem with local small estate agents)

but East Dulwich is just turning into East Clapham

the lose of affordable housing, social housing in the area is having a dramatic effect

The once large afro Caribbean community (remember Desmond's based in East Dulwich) has effectively gone, much of the Irish community went home or moved out

are schools had large number of black students (nearly 50%) now just a handful, so yes I call that all social cleansing

Surely we need to build mixed communities, I very much welcomed the Bohemian/actors coming to the area - but the bars have encouraged a new kind of person to frequent East Dulwich

We are left with the odd pub, cafe, the Catholic church and Dulwich Hamlet FC

Leatherhead really are scummy whingey crybabies. Just listen to this pitiful whining, which is especially rich considering their disgraceful actions over wallgate.
Leatherhead boss Richard Brady slammed the referee for “ruining” their FA Trophy chances at Dulwich Hamlet last weekend.

Despite pushing their Ryman Premier hosts close in the first half, the Tanners found themselves 1-0 down at the break.

However, the pivotal moment came just after the restart when Tanners’ Paul Semakula was shown a straight red card for a professional foul on Hamlet’s Dean Lodge.

The resultant penalty was buried, and Hamlet would add a third in the closing stages to claim a 3-0 win and a place in the third qualifying round.

But Brady, pictured, said: “The sending off completely changed the game, it ruined the game.

“It was one of the harshest sendings off I’ve seen. The two guys are running at speed, they are pushing against each other and Dean has gone down in the area.

“He didn’t need to go down but he’s asked the referee a question, and as soon as he’s blown for a foul, he has to send Paul off.

“Paul’s never been sent off in his career, and he should still have been on the pitch.”

He added: “We had some great chances in the first half and their keeper has pulled off some blinding saves.

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/sp...ng_Leatherhead_s_FA_Trophy_dreams/?ref=twtrec

Reactions: han
Good to see they sold all the places on the Dulwich Hamlet coach to Bognor - and I know a number going down by car & train.

This is a great step forward

As someone who has followed the club for 40 years off and on (more on this season) I have to say I still get really frustrated at the changes in match dates ie Leiston away (which I planned to go to now midweek ?) and especially Maidstone (that would have been a big game on a Saturday)

While accepting the amateur nature of the game, it means many posters in shops are now outdated (and could end up sending people to games that are no longer on)

I once organsied a number of local kids to a DHFC cup final (pre internet) - only to discover it had been cancelled night before

Anyway, can we have a good report of Bognor trip and on Buxton Buzz, lots of pics and I do hope its a good a craic as Hemel in the FA cup but obviously with a better result on the pitch

allegedly live commentary at
http://mixlr.com/grfs_bognor/me

(surely with some of the deep football people we could have a go at a one off live unofficial from the terraces commentary ?

Pink & Blue Army

Last edited:
This will be the first league game I've missed since March (Im still in Cardiff, a CCFC fan mocked my "gay" football scarf. You can probably guess my colour-related retort.) I'd love to be at Bognor, alas. Sing for me. Longwinded post on the nuances, limits and essentials of politics and football likely later.

It's still pissing down. Heavily. Bognor's twitter feed says that the pitch is still playable so I hope the BBC weather forecast is correct (it says it'll stop raining soon)

At the ground now. Kick off delayed for ten minutes due to travel problems. They've got an electronic scoreboard!

Phil made a couple of wonder saves there. Hamlet have put together a few decent attacks but nothing on goal yet.

I think its ok commentary especially for a non league club (biased but not that bad) - all volunteers etc

Good to hear the Dulwich Hamlet fans at Bognor loud and clear

Back
Top Bottom