Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

I've no idea who this person is and I'm not entirely comfortable with being used as an extra for his video, which I know nothing about. And like fuck am I going to sing along to a tune about England.

Good luck to him and all that though.

"We stand together one an all-England will fight for the magic goal"

Doesn't really roll off the tongue does it? If you're going to shout at the top of your drunken voice you need a maximum of half a dozen words and a tune with a solid on-the-beat rhythm.

"It's comin ome it's comin ome it's comin, football's comin ome" for example

I've no idea who this person is and I'm not entirely comfortable with being used as an extra for his video, which I know nothing about. And like fuck am I going to sing along to a tune about England.

no-one's forcing anyone to sing along to anything. I got an approach from him, the link being he's a relative of Christian Burt. It's supposed to be an 'alternative' World Cup song, whatever that means. He's a member of our local community, and he's asked for help, it's some sort of artistic project, and to be honest, if doesn't fit into our generalised unofficial helping each other remit then what does? If you want more details then ask Christian...

And I'm sure there are a lot of Hamlet fans who are not entirely comfortable with a plethora of politcal banners going up behind their goal, but they accept it...

no-one's forcing anyone to sing along to anything. I got an approach from him, the link being he's a relative of Christian Burt. It's supposed to be an 'alternative' World Cup song, whatever that means. He's a member of our local community, and he's asked for help, it's some sort of artistic project, and to be honest, if doesn't fit into our generalised unofficial helping each other remit then what does? If you want more details then ask Christian...
Surely you must understand how some people may not want their Hamlet celebrating euphoria being used as footage for a completely unrelated project?

I haven't got a problem moving out of the way at half time if he's filming then, but that webpage says he'll be filming the fans during the game so I'm likely to appear no matter what. I'm not keen on that.

Hi All
Patrick is a real dude, it's an interesting project and I reckon more will be revealed on the day. Could be some nice publicity for the club, could sell absolutely zero copies, but it's worth a go and he isn't the sort to impose on people, he went through all the correct channels.
I'm not a huge England fan either, but nothing will detract from the main event.

I'm bang up for it. Let's show the world how amazing we are. Paint it pink n blue. Publicise the beauty that is Dulwich Hamlet FC. Loud and proud, forever and to whom ever may listen. And have some fun and bants in the process. That aside, I'd do (almost) anything to help and support the Burt family!

I'm up for the world cup song only If I can shoe-horn in an improvised Barnesy style rap. Dulwich melon farmer, Hamlet farmer!

As for the supporters game, I'll no doubt be hauled off after the first own goal. I just hope my clearances at least approach the half-way line.
At best I can be like Lee Cattermole on speed.

Like many of my generation it was the heartbreak of the 1990 World Cup semi-final that got me into football, so being in a world cup song is a bit of a guilty pleasured ambition of mine. An atrociously bollocks band I used to be in wrote a song for England not qualifying for World Cups called, 'We're Not There'.
And like fuck am I going to sing along to a tune about England.
Time for a hastily created red and green 'FUCK THE ENGLISH' banner?

I'm up for the world cup song only If I can shoe-horn in an improvised Barnesy style rap. Dulwich melon farmer, Hamlet farmer!

As for the supporters game, I'll no doubt be hauled off after the first own goal. I just hope my clearances at least approach the half-way line.
At best I can be like Lee Cattermole on speed.

A speed ridden Cattermole and a cracked out Titus Bramble, we're going to make a pair :D

Surely you must understand how some people may not want their Hamlet celebrating euphoria being used as footage for a completely unrelated project?

I haven't got a problem moving out of the way at half time if he's filming then, but that webpage says he'll be filming the fans during the game so I'm likely to appear no matter what. I'm not keen on that.
I take your point, but how is this any different really from Hamlet films filming us and sharing the clips for the world to see on you Tube? Or, our photos being plastered all over,erm, urban community blogs, where they can be lifted for any purpose whatsoever by any Tom, Dick or Harrieta?

Aren't the band the ones behind 'YUPPIES OUT!'? I therefore assume this England song will have a healthy dose of pisstake. Though maybe not enough to stop my left leg, testicle and hip getting pretty upset (quarter Welsh).

Appeal to Dulwich Mishi G Man and any others. I can't get my solid metal rugby studs out of my boots, as I've lost the stud spanner for taking them out.

Anyone got a spare they can bring along?

Last edited:
Nah sorry mate. I'm borrowing a pair of boots myself, provided that they fit. perhaps someone will have a stud spanner, if not a pair of boots?

BBC weather SATURDAY
says rain all morning until 1pm (ish)
2-6 ok

Hopefully that will lead to a nice zippy surface for the afternoon but a mud bath for the supporters team.

I take your point, but how is this any different really from Hamlet films filming us and sharing the clips for the world to see on you Tube? Or, our photos being plastered all over,erm, urban community blogs, where they can be lifted for any purpose whatsoever by any Tom, Dick or Harrieta?
Yeah, but this is us being used as trendy edgy extras in his music video.

The England sing a long has been on the table for months now, friend of Burtys came down a long time ago, loved our atmosphere and spoke to a fair few of us about it, and at the time I think most were up for it. He's also been along a fair few times, so this isn't some opportunist taking advantage to be honest. It's just gonna be a bit of a laugh like.

Back
Top Bottom