Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

So.... those for critical mass tomorrow. We've got some questionable weather approaching. As long as it's dry-ish I'll be there but I think we should start a regular pink and blue presence over the summer.

You're waterproof! Don't worry about a spot of rain. Will attend over summer, when possible...

Last edited:
I've gotta wait around for several hours after my nightshift to do the inventory with our thankfully nearly ex-landlord tomorrow morning, so will almost definitely not be awake in time for Critical Mass.

Pitch invasions are for normal football clubs*. If appropriate, (i.e. we are out of play offs and no more games), then we could encourage a player invastion of the curva del car wash. Perhaps send a couple of persuasive delegates onto the pitch to encourage the players to invade our end. I was at a game when in Germany, when at the last game of the season one of the players grabbed the lead ultras microphone and started leading the fans. Classic.

[* or for if we get promoted.]

It's down to individuals simply filming the game themselves on their cameras or phones. Nobody does it officially.

At Enfield The Cold End films quite a few games, and we usually get a bit of shaky-cam shot behind the goal by Muzzy. Here's his latest effort - a compilation. Watch from 51 seconds to see a rather impassioned manager on the drum, followed by a substituted centre forward. Who breaks it, the daft sod :D

At Enfield The Cold End films quite a few games, and we usually get a bit of shaky-cam shot behind the goal by Muzzy. Here's his latest effort - a compilation. Watch from 51 seconds to see a rather impassioned manager on the drum, followed by a substituted centre forward. Who breaks it, the daft sod :D
Certainly no shortage of camera wobble there.

THE DULWICH HAMLET PROMOTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED

A bit off-topic, but as this is a fundraiser for the club I thought I'd quickly plug the world cup predictor competition we are running. For £5 you can make a series of predictions on how you think the world cup will pan out, with cash prizes for the most accurate. Half of all entry money goes to the 12th Man scheme, which as a quick reminder made possible the signings of Tommy Kavanagh and Chico Ramos this season thanks to the donations of the fans.

The entry form is now available to download on the club site here, or you can pick up a copy at the 12th Man stand on Saturday. The easiest way to enter is to return your form to us on matchday, but you can also enter by post (see bottom of form) or by e-mailing a scanned copy to dhfc12@hotmail.com.

Oh, and good luck Saturday! Enfield are seemingly trying to snatch defeat/relegation from the jaws of victory/survival. We need a win at Cray. Or a point. Or ETU and W&F to not win. I shall be there, simultaneously watching the Vidiprinter thing and crapping myself.

Spare a thought for us, won't you? Cheers.

Oh, and good luck Saturday! Enfield are seemingly trying to snatch defeat/relegation from the jaws of victory/survival. We need a win at Cray. Or a point. Or ETU and W&F to not win. I shall be there, simultaneously watching the Vidiprinter thing and crapping myself.

Spare a thought for us, won't you? Cheers.

Cray are properly shit. If you can't get a point there you deserve to go down.:p

Jimmy Reid - Upper Clyde Work In 1971

"And there will be no hooliganism, there will be no vandalism, there will be no bevvying because the world is watching us, and it is our responsibility to conduct ourselves with responsibility, and with dignity, and with maturity"

OK Jimmy missed out the bit about "and we wont have pitch invasion unless its spontaneous" - but all good working class discipline comrades

ps (we got managed to negotiate an exemption on the bevvying bit from Central Party office)

Pink and Blue Army

Comrades rest because we have a long march

Jimmy Reid - Upper Clyde Work In 1971

"And there will be no hooliganism, there will be no vandalism, there will be no bevvying because the world is watching us, and it is our responsibility to conduct ourselves with responsibility, and with dignity, and with maturity"

OK Jimmy missed out the bit about "and we wont have pitch invasion unless its spontaneous" - but all good working class discipline comrades

ps (we got managed to negotiate an exemption on the bevvying bit from Central Party office)

Pink and Blue Army

Comrades rest because we have a long march
Trying to rest but I joined the Dulwich Dreamers last night. Honestly dreamt we beat K 3-1. They took the lead in the first ten minutes but Xavier Vidal half-volleyed a loose ball in off the post from 20 yards after an hour and then Erhun buried a pen five minutes later. Harry Ottoway got his shaggy bonce on the end of a Dean Lodge cross in injury time and the rabble (plus goat) lost it. A sea of pink and blue, blow-up and real animals, and Red Stripe.

Beautiful.

I'm another one coming out of the woodwork for tomorrow. Travelling up from Southampton for it! Could someone enlighten me on when the Happy Hour is in the bar these days? 2-3pm? Cheers!

Yes 2-3 before the game and then for an hour or so afterwards (up to 6 I think).

I'll second that. Reading that link it doesn't surprise me to see Seetec's dirty fingerprints all over the situation. Seetec are absolute filth. I friend of mine ended up being sectioned after a very nearly successful suicide attempt just before Christmas after those bastards sanctioned his benefits causing him to be evicted from his flat.

Seetec is a real cowboy outfit. They employ incompetent and unprofessional staff who show no respect to vulnerable people whose lives have gone badly pear-shaped; they're basically processing long-term unemployed people on the cheap instead of these people getting proper support from Jobcentres.

Good for Hadley, taking note of Vornstyle's lobbying. I suppose there will probably be a thread on the East Dulwich Forum now complaining about DHFC & Hadley denying work experiece to local unemployed people.

Where's the ground in Feltham? I am considering coming down as 4th choice substitute (Shaun already has 14 players signed up apparently)....but also keen to get back to Peckham in good time.
No such thing as '4th placed substitute' in our Supporters Team. Everyone gets a fair run-out, at least half a game, unless they insist on less, regardless of age, ability, or how the game is poised.

No such thing as '4th placed substitute' in our Supporters Team. Everyone gets a fair run-out, at least half a game, unless they insist on less, regardless of age, ability, or how the game is poised.

Excellent, my dream of a shanked clearance sailing the length of the pitch into the top corner is on :cool:

Back
Top Bottom