Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Completely agree. I do sort of support England, but the heart feels hollow. It just doesn't mean anything to me. I'm going to support Ghana (again) this year - scenes from my bar in Ghana in 2010. g-man will have no recollection of this, but he told me at Lewes there is a great pub where many Ghanaians watch the games somewhere down his way - Woolwich?

Gold Coast South Norwood?
http://www.thegoldcoastbar.com
Street party erupted last WC.
Didnt they get knocked out on pens? Think so...they came close i remember

Nah, I mentioned this pub to him. He said it was a normal pub, just full of Ghanaian fans with accompanying musical instruments etc. Sure it was Woolwich way. Sure Gold Coast bar would be a good option as well mind.

They did get knocked out on pens. Suarez handballed on line in last minute to give them a pen to get to semi-final. Baby jet missed. Went to pens...and they were out. I was more gutted about that than England...

Last edited:
Perhaps easier to get train from Feltham to Clapham Junction, then overground to either Denmark Hill (walk straight to ground) or Peckham Rye (Brick brewery, then 20 minute walk to ground via stop at newsagents for Red Stripe and Buckfast).

I'm also up for playing at some point. I have not played in three years though, since a bad back injury...and I was shit anyway...other than than I would be a great addition.
That's a helluva sell!

Being a non-meat eater and a former member of the Goat Liberation Front (this is true) I don't think I would like to sacrifice an actual goat on Saturday. So I've been looking for an inflatable goat instead….and the search has taken me to some rather questionable websites. :oops:

I think I'll concentrate on the Erhun flag!

I had no idea they were using workfare. Has it been on here before?

Now I don't know whether to be annoyed it was happening or pleased it's stopped.
To be fair, I don't think anyone knew. Just because a Club has progressive fans, and the Football Committee try to work with the local community, ongoing with help from the Supporters Trust, and Peter Adeniyi's Football in the Community scheme, doesn't mean things like this sneak through. After all, nobody was told about the bills not being paid, so why should anyone have been any the wiser about this? Fair play, to the new owners, Hadley Property, for responding to this.

I had no idea they were using workfare. Has it been on here before?

Now I don't know whether to be annoyed it was happening or pleased it's stopped.

we found out about it a few weeks a go... vornstyle76 was contacted by boycott workfare, he went on to get the statement from Hadley. It was best to understand if it was true or not first but Hadley came back with the statement relatively quickly which meant it didnt need to escalate further.. hence probably not being widely known..

It was a shock to hear but you should be pleased.

This is a new start for the club from the previous owners and we shouldnt dwell on their inability to run the club but look forward to hopefully a bright pink future.

Last edited:
To be fair, I don't think anyone knew. Just because a Club has progressive fans, and the Football Committee try to work with the local community, ongoing with help from the Supporters Trust, and Peter Adeniyi's Football in the Community scheme, doesn't mean things like this sneak through. After all, nobody was told about the bills not being paid, so why should anyone have been any the wiser about this? Fair play, to the new owners, Hadley Property, for responding to this.

Sure, I wasn't pointing any fingers, beyond at whoever set this up who was presumably part of the previous ownership. I was just a bit surprised tbh.

this bit makes me smile

"We encourage others fans to follow the impressive example set by Dulwich Hamlet FC fans in their dedication to workfare free football."

So.... those for critical mass tomorrow. We've got some questionable weather approaching. As long as it's dry-ish I'll be there but I think we should start a regular pink and blue presence over the summer.

Back
Top Bottom