Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

"And need a place to drink in the morning - the Brick Brewery sounded nice in your stories?!?"

How about some tins on the train from Waterloo, and play for the Supporters Team, against Hampton & Richmond supporters, in Feltham? ;-)
Anyone who would like to play, even if you haven't turned out for 'The Rabblers', we play for fun, it's near to Feltham station, 10.30am kick off, so enough time to get back to Champion Hill (Train back to Waterloo, then quick short 'hops' Waterloo East to London Bridge and from there to East Dulwich) You can still drink, on the journey back to Dulwich, and it means you're 'pacing yourself' for the big (hopefully) post-match we've reached the play-off party! ;-)

Youth and ability is a 'bonus', the Supporters Team is open to all, young and old, male or female, and it's 'rolling substitutes' so you can come on and off. It about fun and representing your Club, and bonding with fans you might not know.

If you're tempted then just contact Shaun on 07931276118

Leave a message if he doesn't answer, as he does shift work on the trains, and he will get back to you.

There are also supporters tournaments that we enter in the summer, so contact him if you fancy a run out in them. I think it's Leyton Orients supporters on 10th May; our good friends Worthing supporters', at their actual stadium, on Saturday 17th May, always a great day out & piss-up if you drink, on FA Cup final day; & thw Queens Park one, up in Glasgow on Saturday 7th June, when we take part in the veterans (over 40's) part of their one.

Again speak to Shaun if you would like to play in any of these, and any Hamlet fans are welcome to come along to any of these just for fun, you don't have to play.

Cant on Sat but would like to get involved so will speak to Shaun at the game.

Much as Hamlet games have rivalled - and in some case surpassed - some of the great Cardiff City lower league awaydays, we've yet to cap the 1993 tranny pitch invasion.

scunthorpe-promotion-1993.jpg

scunthorpe-promotion-1993-1.jpg

But give it time, and I'm sure we'll come up with something even dafter. :)

well if we play kingstonian in the final at their ground (if thats possible) we may get a repeat of this as we have to smuggle vornstyle76 in somehow........ so dressing up so he can blend in could be the right idea!!! :D

well if we play kingstonian in the final at their ground (if thats possible) we may get a repeat of this as we have to smuggle vornstyle76 in somehow........ so dressing up so he can blend in could be the right idea!!! :D
Please please please please please all pray for the win on Saturday. I'm close to winding the clock back 10 years and having a full-on teenage tantrum that I cannot attend. There's no way the season ends on Saturday, no way!

It's very likely that the season will end with Dulwich, Kingstonian and Lwestoft on 84 points (and 15 home wins, 10 away wins!). However, Dulwich have the worst goal difference, so we have to score LOADS of goals on Saturday in order to avoid Away to Bognor in the playoffs. 4 or 5 should do it.

It depends on your definition.
Last night I went to Clapton versus Hullbridge Sports, in the Essex Senior League. Including pre-season matches, that was the 105th game I have watched this season. Clearly NOT all Dulwich Hamlet games, as I work every other Saturday, but do include Hamlet Reserve & Youth fixtures. I do like to get to games at grounds I haven't been to, but only 21 of these have been new grounds. I just enjoy watching football, when I can.
What I cannot understand is people who 'watch' games, and say they have 'watched games' even though they are just on television. Unless it is on the box as 'backdrop' in a pub or football bar I just don't watch football on television, and don't miss it.
I accept there are a band of football fans who have become disillusioned/cannot afford to go to professional football, but other than them I really despise those 'football fans' who profess love for their clubs but have no intention of ever going to watch them, whether they can really afford it or not! They are not fan, they support a 'televison team'. And the worst time for these tossers in their 'natural habitat' is during World Cup Finals, when England qualify. Clogging up pubs, unable to hold their beer, all 'football experts' while spouting total verbal bollocks. At least, this summer, they won't have to have 'dickhead' scrawled across their foreheads, as you will be able to identify them, as they will be the only muppets to have shelled out ninety quid for the new England shirt!
Yes, agree with all this, Dulwich Mishi. :)

any way we can get Saturday videoed
fed up of not getting a chance to see the goals again

not suggesting whole game

but just to see

Erhuns goal on Saturday for example

I've only ever seen two pitch invasions at Dulwich, last seasons decider and the FA Cup 4th Qualifying round all those years ago. I'm sure there have been a few others over the years but it's not a given thing to do.

any way we can get Saturday videoed
fed up of not getting a chance to see the goals again

not suggesting whole game

but just to see

Erhuns goal on Saturday for example
It's down to individuals simply filming the game themselves on their cameras or phones. Nobody does it officially.

Here is an email I received from one of my local councillors. I had asked a specific question about the status of Greendale.

I have been advised that Metropolitan Open Land and its continued status is a matter for the Mayor of London. I had no idea this was the case and assumed designation was a Council Plan matter. The London Plan designates MOL, which in a heirarchy of plans and over rides the Southwark Plan. So representation would have to go to the Mayor on this. Greendale belongs to the Council and it would be expected that any developer would discuss possibilities with Southwark Planning Department before putting together an application.
As I think I indicated at the time, as yet there is no planning application. When an application is publicised then I predict a strong community dialogue will take place. That dialogue will be very important in the process of reaching any outcome on this. So local discussion and consultation with residents will be crucial.
Veronica
Councillor Veronica Ward
Labour Member South Camberwell
Cabinet Member for Culture, Leisure, Sport,Olympic Legacy and Volunteering

i don't think there's any point going back over any old ground, until any planning application has gone in, but I would fully support a new ground on the Greendales wasteland, and would encourage all Dulwich Hamlet fans to do the same, if this becomes a scenario. I am surprised that an elected, experienced councillor would not have known the above, I was certainly aware that the Mayor of London could decide.

We've got to make the playoffs, not bothered if it's away or not. do two or three go up?
The champions are automatically promoted. the next four are in the play-offs.
Semi-finals on the Wednesday: 2nd place HOME to 5th place & 3rd place HOME to 4th place.
FINAL on May Bank Holiday Monday: highest placed play-off semi final winner at HOME.
All 'one-off' games, not over two legs. Games to be decided, if drawn, by extra time, then penalties.
Only the play-off winner promoted.

And the worst time for these tossers in their 'natural habitat' is during World Cup Finals, when England qualify. Clogging up pubs, unable to hold their beer, all 'football experts' while spouting total verbal bollocks. At least, this summer, they won't have to have 'dickhead' scrawled across their foreheads, as you will be able to identify them, as they will be the only muppets to have shelled out ninety quid for the new England shirt!

Completely agree. I do sort of support England, but the heart feels hollow. It just doesn't mean anything to me. I'm going to support Ghana (again) this year - scenes from my bar in Ghana in 2010. g-man will have no recollection of this, but he told me at Lewes there is a great pub where many Ghanaians watch the games somewhere down his way - Woolwich?

As for watching other non-league / league teams - I really don't see how anyone can have an issue with this? It is completely different to watching your team. It is a different pastime. One involves nerves, stress, lows, highs and a whole range of emotions. You are tied to it.

Going to watch another team is more like a trip to the cinema or a mini-break! A chance to have a couple of beers in a different pub, meet some different people, actually watch the game (!), go to another part of the country you wouldn't normally visit etc. What's wrong with that?!

"And need a place to drink in the morning - the Brick Brewery sounded nice in your stories?!?"
How about some tins on the train from Waterloo, and play for the Supporters Team, against Hampton & Richmond supporters, in Feltham? ;-)
Anyone who would like to play, even if you haven't turned out for 'The Rabblers', we play for fun, it's near to Feltham station, 10.30am kick off, so enough time to get back to Champion Hill (Train back to Waterloo, then quick short 'hops' Waterloo East to London Bridge and from there to East Dulwich).
Again speak to Shaun if you would like to play in any of these, and any Hamlet fans are welcome to come along to any of these just for fun, you don't have to play.
Perhaps easier to get train from Feltham to Clapham Junction, then overground to either Denmark Hill (walk straight to ground) or Peckham Rye (Brick brewery, then 20 minute walk to ground via stop at newsagents for Red Stripe and Buckfast).

I'm also up for playing at some point. I have not played in three years though, since a bad back injury...and I was shit anyway...other than than I would be a great addition.

Back
Top Bottom