Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Pitch invasions should only ever be spontaneous, ironically the more you talk of it, the less likely it is to occur.
wouldn't you prefer to rush on to the pitch and hug Erhun?
where you not listening???????????? lol :p

tbf if it did happen after a tense game and last minute goal would have been well good

but we should be talking about the game really.............?

LOL at a Kingstonian supporter encouraging a pitch invasion after their stewards behaviour at the corresponding fixture.

The 90th minute winner we had this season led to jubilation, but leave the surface alone!

LOL at a Kingstonian supporter encouraging a pitch invasion after their stewards behaviour at the corresponding fixture.

The 90th minute winner we had this season led to jubilation, but leave the surface alone!

This is the thing, ive been to many Kingstonian games when I was younger and a few Hamlet games since I moved nearer Dulwich, but I don't really support either team. I don't care enough due to it being non league football, but the good thing is unlike proper league football, things like pitch invasions are tolerated and should be encouraged.

This is the thing, ive been to many Kingstonian games when I was younger and a few Hamlet games since I moved nearer Dulwich, but I don't really support either team. I don't care enough due to it being non league football, but the good thing is unlike proper league football, things like pitch invasions are tolerated and should be encouraged.
You seem to be somewhat over-encouraging a pitch invasion, tbh.

Forgetting the end of the game for a minute, I think it would be good to make a real effort to get the atmosphere going beforehand for this one. Sometimes it takes a bit to warm up while everyone goes round the end. Worth trying to get there in reasonable time and gathering in the Toilets Opposite stand? It sounded pretty good when some of you did that a few weeks ago.

Completely agree. I do sort of support England, but the heart feels hollow. It just doesn't mean anything to me. I'm going to support Ghana (again) this year - scenes from my bar in Ghana in 2010. g-man will have no recollection of this, but he told me at Lewes there is a great pub where many Ghanaians watch the games somewhere down his way - Woolwich?

The pub I was referring to is called the Castle Tavern in Woolwich, opposite the Woolwich ferry, which is about 10 minutes walk from Woolwich Arsenal station or opposite 177 bus stop. It is an ordinary pub run by a white English guy (his son plays for Millwall boys - or did the last time I spoke to him) who has a Ghanaian wife. Consequently, the pub has a big African clientele and during the 2010 world cup I watched all but one Ghana match there. The victory versus USA was a highlight but the defeat to Uruguay left me far more disappointed than England's pitiful demise. The pub was rammed for every game and I'll probably go there again this year as the atmosphere is far more friendly than watching England matches in a pub. And they serve Ghanaian food and I seem to remember the odd barbeque.

I'll talk to pompeydunc on Saturday whilst I recover from a shocking performance no doubt for the supporters team in the morning. I play like Sol Campbell but with about 1/100000 of the ability.

Attachments

• 1471534501362[1].jpg
    1471534501362[1].jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 24
Pitch invasions tend to be tolerated in any league. They are 'tolerated' because no matter how many stewards will be present, they will always be outnumbered by jubilant fans. The invasion at Turf Moor the other day is an example.

lol cheers! definitely standing with the K's fans on Saturday now, Lucy Fur seems upset with me (that really did used to be a hard house Dj back in the day)
Nah mate, I aint upset with you, just think maybe you've missed the point that most of us on this particular thread at least, care very deeply, precisely because it is non league. Anyway have fun with the Kingston fans, there a cheerful bunch, win lose or draw! ;)

Nah mate, I aint upset with you, just think maybe you've missed the point that most of us on this particular thread at least, care very deeply, precisely because it is non league. Anyway have fun with the Kingston fans, there a cheerful bunch, win lose or draw! ;)

pfft, if you cared that deeply, you'd be bang up for that pitch invasion I might have mentioned earlier :thumbs:

A bit of afternoon reading for you. My friend James interviewed Gavin recently - here it is on our website:

http://www.thefalsenine.co.uk/2014/04/24/interview-gavin-rose-and-his-pink-and-blue-army/
That's a great interview. Great to see a manager saying things like this:
Our supporters at our level think it’s a bit different. Non-league football is usually quite direct. We’ve lost a few competitions to teams above us by trying to play football. They might have had a few more physical players than us and so been able to run a bit more, but we concede that because we want to enjoy ourselves. We want to win but we want the boys to express themselves, give everything they can. There’s a way to win and a way to lose, but when you boot it long and you don’t get any gratification out of it and you lose, what’s the point? If you’re going to lose then lose the way that you think you should play.”

What surprised me was that I read vornstyle76 was involved in this thorough "quiet" diplomacy. Now that can't be true?
I just picked up the phone and started screaming, "WANKSTAIN CUNT!!!" repeatedly...

In reality, it was simple. The consultant guy running things at the club for the new owners seems like a decent sort and was almost as horrified as me by it. Sorted very quickly. The "fan pressure" description is a bit grandiose. "Basic human decency" more accurate.

Back
Top Bottom