Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Not sure how much use this will be seeing as the ground's company is in admin.

Supporters’ Trust secures ‘Community Asset’ Listing for Ground

http://dhst.org.uk/supporters-trust-secures-community-asset-listing-for-ground/
Potentially very useful as administrators looking to sell and this status gives the Supporters Trust 6 months to either mobilise a bid or embarrass developers and/or council into not killing the club.

Great game tonight, conga-tastic scenes at the end.

he, nice one. Ms Hatter used to live in The Hamlet with a few other Urbanites - great place to live.

Good win last night - Luton won 4-0 too, so a 6 point day, just like Saturday. I could get used to this!

Who's up for Margate away on Saturday then?
I'd love to go but I suspect with the beer launch and an Offline night to sort out on Friday it may be a challenge to get up in time.

Photos from the match:

dulwich-hamlet-margate-19.jpg

http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2013/09/a-conga-line-forms-as-dulwich-hamlet-triumph-2-0-over-margate-fc/

Gavin Rose on us fans last night: “Our support has grown over the last few years since I’ve been here... I’ve got to say it’s brilliant support. It’s just unrivalled by a lot of clubs at this sort of level. It’s excellent support and you’ve got to take your hat off to it. It creates a good atmosphere for the players and it drives them on, even when things ain’t going as well. It gives them a bit of a confidence boost to them as well to hear the supporters singing and cheering them on etc. It’s excellent.”

And from kentsportsnews.com, the second goal sparked, "a celebratory conga line amongst Dulwich’s colourful and vociferous home support."

Maybe I'm getting carried away with romantic notions that should've long since been crushed and a bit of confirmation bias, but I really think making some noise (and dare I say it, 'colourful' displays) can make a big difference. It must also unnerve certain teams who are used to a more funereal atmosphere.

Maybe I'm getting carried away with romantic notions that should've long since been crushed and a bit of confirmation bias, but I really think making some noise (and dare I say it, 'colourful' displays) can make a big difference. It must also unnerve certain teams who are used to a more funereal atmosphere.
It certainly must surprise teams like Harrow, whose handful of fans made no noise whatsoever until the very end at their home ground. What's the point of supporting a team like that? :confused:

Speaking of which... some more songs.

To the tune of Fields of Athenry:

Oh on the fields of Champion Hill,
Where once they saw the King Edgar play.
Ossie Bayram on the wing,
Will Lillington banging them in.
Oh the glories round the fields of Champion Hill.

To the tune of Gangsters by the Specials:

Why do you support Dulwich Hamlet?
Cos we're proud to follow you away.
Said you've been threatened by Tooting.
But we blew, blew them away.
Da-da-da-da... etc.

To the tune of California Über Alles by the Dead Kennedys:

He is manager Gavin Rose,
He manages semi-pros,
Soon we will be Conference South.
Dulwich Hamlet! Über Alles!
Dulwich Hamlet! Ü-ber Alles!