Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Some pics:

dulwich-hamlet-4-lewes-2-03.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-4-lewes-2-11.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-4-lewes-2-18.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-4-lewes-2-23.jpg

http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2013/10/...ut-a-4-2-victory-over-a-well-organised-lewes/

Not sure I like this Lewes attempt to lure us into mutual cocksucking after they were deservedly vanquished. They seem to forget we only watch football cos bearbaiting, cockfighting and weaselramming are illegal. The Catholic-burning prod bastards.

Away in the FA Cup this sat. The 758 bus from Victoria goes close to Hemel Hempstead's ground, though it's a Green Line so it's £10 return. If Margate in the previous round is anything to go by it'll be a brilliant atmosphere. Oooh, and the ground's got cover at both ends. PDF of the bus timetable: http://www.greenline.co.uk/uploadedfiles/Services/South_East/SEHH748,758,759_290713_160513.pdf

Hemel are on a cracking run of form - top of their table (the Southern Premier Division - the same level in the league pyramid as the Isthmian Premier league we're in) and have won about 8-10 games in a row like we have. Should be a good test. Whoever wins will be in the draw for the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup, where the Conference big boys come in......(like my 'other team' Luton Town :D )...and one game away from the first round proper.

Is anyone going to this? Depending on how monster my Friday night is (and how arduous the journey to Hemel-land will be), I might give it a go.

You can get a direct train from Balham (one hour) and then it's a jaunty walk to the ground.

Hmm. Bit of a schlep.

Is anyone going to this? Depending on how monster my Friday night is (and how arduous the journey to Hemel-land will be), I might give it a go.
Tempted, but I'm supposed to be going to Luton. Might still change my mind though.

You can get a train from Euston - takes 24 mins. Bit cheaper than the Balham train too. (Quite a walk from Hemel station to the ground iirc.)

1-1. Sublime chip from the Turkish wonder put us 1-0 up. Hemel equalise with a goal after the ref fails to blow for an obvious foul. Grrr.

I chested the ball back onto the field of play with some panache there.

Hamlet are playing a blinder with a great crowd behind them.

Our reaction to the stewarding saved the game for me. One minute we were depressed at meekly heading out of the Cup, the next we were singing and dancing and properly irrationally proud to be DHFC.

I was all set to commend Hemel's support who are the first fans to outsing us in quite a while, but on the way out I heard such hatefully casual racism I now just think they're a bunch of cunts.

I was all set to commend Hemel's support who are the first fans to outsing us in quite a while, but on the way out I heard such hatefully casual racism I now just think they're a bunch of cunts.
Oh really? That is disappointing . Please post up more details.

Back
Top Bottom