Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

i dunno, the quality of football was pretty awful at times and most of the players looked worn out before the end of the first half!

i dunno, the quality of football was pretty awful at times and most of the players looked worn out before the end of the first half!

They did give the ball away quite a bit, true. But this the first taste of senior football for several of them!

tumblr_mtbbttFtQJ1sn4d9xo1_500.png

(Bigger version here: http://dulwichhamletpicturegallery.tumblr.com/image/61575033011)

im seeing them a4 pink posters everywhere at the minute.....

No drums, please. As well as being incredibly annoying they can actually be counter-productive. Drowning out everything else and people tend to solely rely on their lead.
One of the younger lads sometimes borrows a drum and it certainly hasn't drowned us out and we didn't wait for its lead. Talking of sonic doping, I did think that whilst the PA is screwed it'd be quite amusing to use a big megaphone to do very partisan goal scorer and substitution announcements.
And goal music.
I do think at least part of the problem with goal music is they always seem to use irritatingly catchy tunes that could just so easily be on a car advert, i.e. 'Song 2' by Blur or that da-da-da da-da-da '00s indie tune. I'd love to one day visit a club that had something truly bizarre, say, off the top of my head, 'Do The Mussolini (Headkick)' by Cabaret Voltaire or whatever.

Too much talk of what we can't do here. More of the can do please. They told me I couldn't make a Voodoo Stick. They said it wasn't possible. Ha! My own mother, she was on her knees, begging me, "Please don't do it, Vaughan!" with tears in her eyes. "You'll unleash untold misery by channelling the spirit of Edgar Kail through a papier-mâché mask and a couple of feather boas!" NO MOTHER, I SHALL NOT LISTEN TO YOU ANYMORE.
im seeing them a4 pink posters everywhere at the minute.....
Excellent. Whereabouts? (so we know where they survive rather than getting ripped down within a day)

Last edited:
I do think at least part of the problem with goal music is they always seem to use irritatingly catchy tunes that could just so easily be on a car advert, i.e. 'Song 2' by Blur or that da-da-da da-da-da '00s indie tune. I'd love to one day visit a club that had something truly bizarre, say, off the top of my head, 'Do The Mussolini (Headkick)' by Cabaret Voltaire or whatever.quote]
or the intro to lovely head by goldfrapp...

vornstyle76 Drums can be like that, and fair play if your drum didn't drown you lot out or take over but people are lazy and it does happen over time. Best avoided imo.

And I don't really think there's been too much 'what we can't do'. I just picked one thing out of the post I quoted. I think the rest was fair enough. The banners and posters are spot on. As is the variety of songs.

Other people mentioned things a lot of people don't like about modern football. As you are an alternative to all that it is well worth saying.

IME one thing you are guaranteed to get with drums and bands etc is fighting over whether they're a good thing or not. Some people inevitably really hate them.

Fa Trophy... I think... This is the second most prestigious one after the FA Cup.

I thought he was joking after all the other cup games but it seems not.:oops:

Anyway I just went on to Pitchero to check and it says the 'top team' are 6-fingered bog dwelling tax dodgers Boston Utd. :mad: Hamlet are 11th.

Yes - We should all be at Champion Hill Saturday V Harrow

(The game at Harrow was the worst I have seen DHFC play - may be because due to traffic was 20mins late and missed our goal - but we had great away support that day)

Yes We Can

(The game at Harrow was the worst I have seen DHFC play - may be because due to traffic was 20mins late and missed our goal - but we had great away support that day)
I lost the plot a little bit against Harrow, ranting and raging at the gods, even one of my best mates who's surely seen me at my worst was a bit shocked. If you ever hear any of the Rabble shouting "We've already won the moral victory!" its a reference to my bizarrely righteous raving that day. But, you know, jouissance, it was enjoyable.

The Hemel fans are still feeling the love for Hamlet.
It was a great day - Dulwich fans were great - they appeared to keep singing right to the end - and their goalie was in stark contrast to the pillock from Chesham. He engaged with the banter and he got a decent and deserved round of applause at the end. Also it was great to see the chant about Danny Alves get a chuckle from the victim on the pitch.
I hope they go up and we play them in the next level next season.
http://tudortalk.freeforums.org/tudors-3-dulwich-hamlet-1-t1189-20.html

I don't mind being called a "hippeeeee!!" as long as it isn't in an Ulster accent and followed by a head-height brick. [Edit: used to live in North Belfast, in case you're wondering what I've got against the usually beautiful Ulster accent!]

man, if you could zap lasers out of those eyes it would only improve it. and perhaps a demonic roaring noise too...

The trouble with lasers is that they invisible unless they're shining through something. So you'd need some stage smoke. The demonic roaring noise shouldn't be hard to engineer, however.

EDIT: However they do the smoke that comes out of model trains :)

Back
Top Bottom