Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Monday away to Hampton. There are no London Overground trains from Peckham Rye/Denmark Hill to Clapham Junction but First Capital Connect trains are running from Loughborough Junction/Herne Hill with a change at Wimbledon to pick up the Shepperton service to get to Hampton.

Absolutely great time on the Curva del Transpontine today

Really enjoyed loads of newbies standing with the rabble

the Sun, and the banners esp the Ritzy living wage

good to see the Clapton crew

So really great time (thanks also to the drummer - gave a good vibe)

Robs goal was classic "situational-ism"

we was robbed and the ref gave us nothing

True the moral victory was already ours

as per MsT (another nanny me) said it before can we watch the swearing a tad - the odd call in the right place is art - regular verbal abuse (rather than ritual humiliation that we are so good at)of an opposition goalie is not - also worried at some of the sexual gestures -

Hope and trust criticism as always will be taken as constructive (comradely) - so we can move forward

some may have started on the buckfast very early

But despite the result an up lighting, life affirming day with the rabble

Last edited:
Much to enjoy about today's game.

I thought Harry Ottaway was excellent. Gave us what we've missed all season: a target man who can hold the ball up. Some real flair all round going forward too. Should have scored four or five.

But the defence is a disaster zone. Needs sorting or next season we'll be in the bottom half.

Doesn't look like promotion is on the cards. Probably no bad thing realistically. Conf South is a very tough league and Hamlet are too erratic at the moment.

Top top atmosphere though. Big party next Saturday whatever happens.

brixton-ritzy-dulwich-hamlet-16.jpg

brixton-ritzy-dulwich-hamlet-19.jpg

Truly magnificent stuff!

http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2014/04/...isy-support-to-the-brixton-ritzy-picket-line/

Mrs T you can fuck right off and stick your classist anti-swearing UP YOUR ARSE. I will go out of my way to swear even more on Monday and Saturday. Go fuck yourself.

Rob
don't think Ms T was referring to you !

you may not have heard the swearing and sexual gesturing

it is classist to have a standard of conduct in public
indeed working class discipline in the workplace, was also observed socially in most proletarian
families

I am sure Ms T was simply trying to being constructive - as were comments on the sexist "South London is full of" song

What makes us a community is we do care (we are not always going to agree)

Surely that's why we did the ritzy protest today

Mrs T you can fuck right off and stick your classist anti-swearing UP YOUR ARSE. I will go out of my way to swear even more on Monday and Saturday. Go fuck yourself.
I do think it's out of order to be abusive to the opposition, yes. Friendly rivalry is fine. But at the end of the day it's a family day out. Not sure what's classist about that.

Ms T and Partisan Dulwich - with respect, you can't expect everyone to be the same as you - e.g. be offended by the word cunt, want to protest about wages at the Ritzy, or dislike the (traditional) 'South London is full of fanny' song.

Ms T and Partisan Dulwich - with respect, you can't expect everyone to be the same as you - e.g. be offended by the word cunt, want to protest about wages at the Ritzy, or dislike the (traditional) 'South London is full of fanny' song.
I'm not offended by the word cunt.

My point is, it's futile to try to create a particular type of fan base that you want yourself. You have to just let it evolve. And, yes, have opinions on it, but it's weird to enforce a way of thinking. Gotta let people do what they want to do.

The beauty of terraces means that you can just move way from things you don't like to hear/people you don't like/smelly folks/weirdos etc :)

My point is, it's futile to try to create a particular type of fan base that you want yourself. You have to just let it evolve. And, yes, have opinions on it, but it's weird to enforce a way of thinking. Gotta let people do what they want to do.
I'm not enforcing anything or trying to. The rabble can do what they want at the end of the day. But be aware that it can seem intimidating to those on the outside.

Here's how we celebrate an equaliser against Leiston today. As hendo and I agreed, we've seen goals at FA cup finals celebrated with far less gusto!

dmm.jpg

dmm1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom