Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

There's a Dulwich Hamlet fan on BBC6's Round Table right now :)

Some background: http://thumped.com/interviews/i-thi...er-an-interview-with-hard-skin-s-fat-bob.html

Pop Quiz
How important are the following things in your life?
Football:
Very important. Not just football, non-league football is more important than anything. Next to Milwall there's a team called Dulwich Hamlet and they're two stops away from the den. They are the most important non league team. They got a promotion last year for the first time in 35 years. If you wanna buy a season ticket you can get them from the website.

Last edited:
Blc1MAsCEAEpTq0.png

So, I guess we're not supposed to do stuff like this at Dulwich, right? Shame. The Greeks have all the fun. (From Cup game between PAOK and Olympiakos last night, for anyone who ain't seen it).

Looks like we need 7 points to guarantee a playoff place. In practice I think a bit less would scrape in there and that would probably edge us into the top 3. Win on Saturday and we're looking good, if we don't we could be in trouble.

Actually, I know the attendant quite well and have been trying to persuade him to savour the delights of the Hamlet for ages. He's a Chelsea fan, but I reckon he might crack soon!

And much as I'm more than happy to be described as drunk when I am, at this point I was most sober as I was about to do a 2 hour DJ set at the Dogstar. And boy was it busy there!
dm.jpg

Righty, trying to get my shit together. I know Nish has my scarf. has anyone seen my pink party hat? last seen prince albert on saturday (possibly)

Sorry for off topic:

Today it's gods friday - and exactly 89 years after Dulwich Hamlet had beaten Altona 93 4-1 in a friendly (goals by Kail, Kail, Nicol, Kail and Jäger) - Altona have won 3-1 against SCALA on a very rainy day before 666 (!) visitors!

:)

On monday is our most important match this season - cup-halffinal against SC Condor. In the other halffinal Paloma (step six in germany) had beaten SC Victoria (step 4) 2-1 today. The winner of the Hamburg-cup is qualified for the first round proper of the german FA-Cup - that means 100.000 € TV-money for that club...

But from monday on all my concentration will be on the Kingstonians-match!

Yeah I was thinking about 12.30-1
Sorry for off topic:

Today it's gods friday - and exactly 89 years after Dulwich Hamlet had beaten Altona 93 4-1 in a friendly (goals by Kail, Kail, Nicol, Kail and Jäger) - Altona have won 3-1 against SCALA on a very rainy day before 666 (!) visitors!

:)

On monday is our most important match this season - cup-halffinal against SC Condor. In the other halffinal Paloma (step six in germany) had beaten SC Victoria (step 4) 2-1 today. The winner of the Hamburg-cup is qualified for the first round proper of the german FA-Cup - that means 100.000 € TV-money for that club...

But from monday on all my concentration will be on the Kingstonians-match!

Good luck! Hope we can celebrate a place in final next Saturday.

I'm not sure the steps have read-across here. Our step 1 is the conference, which is after the top four divisions. Hence, Hamlet are step 3...(but 7th level including premier and football leagues).

Right, I am stuck in fucking Sydney for a bit. I'm on for Hampton & Richmond borough Monday but will need some accomplices to take my number and ring me to ensure jetlag doesn't keep me asleep. :cool:

I'm not sure the steps have read-across here. Our step 1 is the conference, which is after the top four divisions. Hence, Hamlet are step 3...(but 7th level including premier and football leagues).

I know the english pyramide, but I think it's difficult to compare to the situation in germany - that's why I counted all steps from the Bundesliga down to the Landesliga.

1. Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga are controlled by the DFL.
The Dritte Liga is a nationwide professional league as well - controlled by the DFB.
The Regionalliga (step 4) is (official) semiprofessional and regional - in the north of germany controlled by the NFV. There are some reasons to compare your conference with this Regionalliga - there are others to compare it with the Dritte Liga. We don't count the amateur-steps, because there is no hard border to work out.

Back
Top Bottom