Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

On another note, does anyone fancy meeting in the Alexander (opposite Wimbledon Station) tomorrow @12.30pm?
not sure may be tempted to try pubs round Hampton. Trains go at 16 and 46 past from Vauxhall so may get 12.16 or 12.46 just one return journey then...

Photos are here!

hamlet-leiston-April-2014-04.jpg

hamlet-leiston-April-2014-11.jpg

hamlet-leiston-April-2014-14.jpg

hamlet-leiston-April-2014-24.jpg

http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2014/04/easter-heartbreak-as-dulwich-hamlet-lose-at-home-to-leiston/

I'm not enforcing anything or trying to. The rabble can do what they want at the end of the day. But be aware that it can seem intimidating to those on the outside.
If someone is 'intimidated' by a few swear words thrown into the meting pot behind the goal that is Dulwich Hamlet, then I would suggest that they have led a rather too sheltered life...

People like to go with their kids/grand kids? That's how it used to be before big business took over.
By 'big business' I presume you mean in the professional game? I think you will find, despite the extortionate cost of professional football, football was far more 'sweary' before the evolvement of the 'modern game' post-Sky era, and the atmosphere is extremely sanatised, bland and boring at many matches.
If you mean 'big business' in non league, well I wish we had some of the local business community putting money into our club...the officals we have, myself included, that's the Football Committee NOT the Club limited, which was Nick McCormack, and now the Hadley people, haven't got a pot to piss in! non-league clubs simply do not survive on gates alone, no matter how big the crowds.

12:16, meet you at Brixton Tube at 12 Scutta? :cool:
I have no idea what the boozers are like in the Hampton area, but in between the station and the ground there's one called the Railway Bell, apparently getting 'mixed reviews' on the internet. But it does have a beer garden out front, which is on the road that leads to the ground, everyone will walk past it, and it's ripe for flags and a sing song to get everyone in the mood...

Been trying to remember why I feel like I've been kicked in the guts. The metaphorical reason is obvious. However, the physical reason was less so. I was certain that the bolshy singing and disparaging of premier teams in the Albert had not turned violent.

The actual reason has just come to me. It was after the 2nd goal. I now recall being pinned up against the fence following a rabble terrace surge. Hooligans! All seater stadia for non-league now! ;-)

Going via Wimbledon with MonkeyGrinder so will give you gentlemen a shout when we get there. I have a 9/10 on the hangover scale so go easy on me.

Back
Top Bottom