Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

You got a link or did you buy a copy?
Actually bought it. Read that Antrim beat London in the gaelic recently and was all like, "IN YOUR FUCKING FACE LONDON YOU DEBAUCHED CENTRE OF INCREASING CULTURAL MORIBUNDITY AND HOUSING CRISIS!!!" One day I hope I'll be in Andytown waving a saffron and white voodoo stick, screaming that from the terrace of Casement Park.

After the match against Bury - A guy looking for Rob said he was a professional trumpet player (and he and his mate) wanted to join the Rabble at the home game on Saturday and asked if that was OK

I said were a collective - which rather confused him

But surely we embrace all forms of art on the Rabble (at least once) ?

I do hope we give Finchley & Wingate a great reception especially those walking as part of charity walk

surely we could ensure they at least get a burger and a pint if they walked ?

I like trumpets. That is all.

editor and his chums recently:

article-2158338-1391B4F2000005DC-491_634x342.jpg

They haven't been setting the world alight but surprised a few of their folk seem so delighted with a point.

I read this book a few years ago, stumbled across a tatty copy in Whitechapel library, and subsequently bought my own. One of the most amazing books I've read, and actually a little ashamed I'd not heard of them until then. I genuinely cannot believe someone hasn't discovered this book and attempted to make it into a genuine blockbuster film. It has everything...a cause, fighting fascism, set in a historic city in a post-war era, intrique, infiltration, crossing classes, love...the lot!

They weren't 'official' for many years and they are no different now, to what they were then!
Back in the seventies we had a fan who blew a long, narrow, bugle hunting type of trumpet thingy!

Last edited:
After the match against Bury - A guy looking for Rob said he was a professional trumpet player (and he and his mate) wanted to join the Rabble at the home game on Saturday and asked if that was OK
Am I "Rob"? Why were they looking for me? Do I look like a trumpet-hating tyrant?

MAIDSTONE WIN FA PLAY-OFF APPEAL
The Football Association has ruled that Maidstone United can take part in the end of season play-offs and the Ryman League is backing the governing body’s decision to allow the Kent club to compete for promotion.

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/maidstone-win-fa-play-off-appeal-30297/
So Maidstone will be allowed to compete in the play offs, but if they win, there's still no guarantee they will be promoted.

Which brings forward the possibility of whoever might lose to Maidstone in the final still getting promoted. Of course, the FA will just hope Maidstone get knocked out - 'problem' solved.

JTG

Apparently when people take Dimethyltryptamine, the so-called "god drug", quite a lot see a pink & blue sea of pure love.

Last edited:
Just to let people know...a group of Wingate & Finchley fans are walking all the way from their ground to ours tomorrow, to raise money for their local children's hospice.

Please, please give them a great welcome even if you can't afford to make a donation. They will be going round the ground from half time onwards shaking their buckets.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/news/as-the-old-song-goes-1193792.html

Back to winning again.:)

Not a great game, redeemed by some quality twatting about. Let's do the g-man conga!
It's this sort of thing that elevates the more mundane matches to a higher level these days. As recently as 3 or 4 years ago a match like that (midweek evening, far offf visitors with little travelling support) would have pulled a crowd of around 150. There would have been a bout 15-20 behind the goal, mostly middle-aged blokes who'd followed the club since they were schoolboys. All though that second half, while we were hanging on inconvincingly, we'd have been grumbling to each other about how a Bury equaliser wa inevitable, soundng like Rick Wakeman & Jeremy Clarkson and the like in an episode of "Grumpy Old Men"; then at the final whiste we'd have given a half-hearted cheer and been off out the gate before the players even had a chance to shake hands with the opposition, still chuntering about how we were lucky to win.

It's much better now with all the banter, ribaldry and associated nonsense!

Game at Wealdstone

love this pictureView attachment 51419
He must be Wealdstone's answer to Hugh Hefner. I really do hope that isn't a post-coital expression on his face.

Back in the seventies we had a fan who blew a lont, narrow, bugle hunting type of trumpet thingy!
That was Tom, wasn't it? He really was a bearded hippy, including the sandals in all weathers. He'd blend in effortlessly if he was still around!

"That was Tom, wasn't it? He really was a bearded hippy, including the sandals in all weathers. He'd blend in effortlessly if he was still around!"

Yes that was his name. 'New-veauist/old school' ahead of his time! ;-)

"That was Tom, wasn't it? He really was a bearded hippy, including the sandals in all weathers. He'd blend in effortlessly if he was still around!"

Yes that was his name. 'New-veauist/old school' ahead of his time! ;-)

Preferable to the bloody woman with her rattle in the corner.

Back
Top Bottom