Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

East Thurrock away was enjoyable. Margate away was aboslute lunacy.

Ah, the trip in the cup. Naughty seaside postcards. A fouled hat. Pinnockdine Pidane with an unexpected winner. Paul Vines missing a more or less open goal. 'All we are saying, is give us some rum.'

Margate Two was amazing. Massively hungover from Robert's birthday, a day off work, a brilliant pub, an art gallery and the best comeback of the season. The ate night drive back to London was also pretty funny.

He was on fire that day, granted. That was a grand occasion, even though we lost. Mad game and mad (in a good way, not in an Ilkeston-style let's use this fence we've just ripped from the ground as spears to try to kill the Enfield) opposition fans - always a winner.

Just beat Finchley please! We're chasing them now...

He was on fire that day, granted. That was a grand occasion, even though we lost. Mad game and mad (in a good way, not in an Ilkeston-style let's use this fence we've just ripped from the ground as spears to try to kill the Enfield) opposition fans - always a winner.

Just beat Finchley please! We're chasing them now...

We're unreliable at best at the minute, but i hope we can do you a good turn tomorrow. Really enjoyed our visit before Christmas, particularly the titanic-style innards of the stand.

I think Enfield away is my highlight of the season. My head flooded with so much exhilaration juice I thought I was going to blackout, I could feel my brain swelling against my skull. And then outsinging (or even terrifying) a carriage full of Arsenal fans on the tube back to South London. Later that night at work two people genuinely wondered if I was on a combo of cocaine and mdma. I must have been like some horrific marriage of Nick Hornby and Irvine Welsh characters.

Edit: obviously a strong shout-out for the Margate league away too.

Last edited:
I think Enfield away is my highlight of the season. My head flooded with so much exhilaration juice I thought I was going to blackout, I could feel my brain swelling against my skull. And then outsinging (or even terrifying) a carriage full of Arsenal fans on the tube back to South London. Later that night at work two people genuinely wondered if I was on a combo of cocaine and mdma. I must have been like some horrific marriage of Nick Hornby and Irvine Welsh characters.

Edit: obviously a strong shout-out for the Margate league away too.

One of the funniest things about Enfield was that we were basically sober. There was a purity to all that euphoria.

In it's own way, the defeat at Harrow was also quite good fun, particularly the surreal postscript in Peckham Wetherspoons with the maverick 'entrepreneur'. Actually, by 'fun' i might mean 'terrifying'.

Ahhh... John-Paul, the racist Peckham-Irish gangster who was married to a Caribbean and ranted all night about being so anti-drugs that he's murdered dealers before eventually offering us some coke. I genuinely thought he was going to physically force me to go into business with him mass producing my painted punk-ish blazers for "the African market".

No matter how unhinged Dulwich Hamlet might make me, there's always someone in a Wetherspoons ready to make me feel normal again.

Last edited:
I was literally too scared to give him a false one in case he could tell I was lying. I'm clinging to the hope he was a very dedicated method actor preparing for a gritty and hardhitting theatre production in the Bussey Building later that year.

Another season highlight shout-out to the cafe owner who, seeing the crudely painted "DULWICH HAMLET FOOTBALL CLUB" on the very same painted punk-ish blazer asked, "Ah, are you the team manager?"

Last edited:
Highlights of the season

children on a train spotting Rob's voodoo stick
asking him if he was a wizard

Thinking......
These little stories would make a great 2 or 4 page cartoon story board

Last edited:
Only a handful of us were that night (majority old skool rabble), but the FA trophy replay away to Concorde was a great evening. "Gavin Roses pink & blue army" for 35 minutes! Last minute Ian Daly equaliser. Even though we lost in extra time.

Erhun chip v Enfield and subsequent celebration in the net after another expertly taken penalty.

Also, a superb away performance against Hendon in our first away game of the season. A Harry Ottoway double and great vociferous support from the rabble with a Michael Duberry love fest.

Only a handful of us were that night (majority old skool rabble), but the FA trophy replay away to Concorde was a great evening. "Gavin Roses pink & blue army" for 35 minutes! Last minute Ian Daly equaliser. Even though we lost in extra time.
Truly magnificent stuff:

Different game though...the clip is from the League Cup Final, against Concord Rangers, at Maidstone United's ground, last season.

The Concord game G-Man means is the midweek Trophy replay in deepest Essex this season.

Quick plug for a few things going on at the 12th Man stand today...

COACH TO BILLERICAY - a supporter's coach will be leaving Champion Hill at 11am next Sat for the Billericay game. The fare is just £12 for adults and £8 for concessions which is a lot cheaper than the train. As usual the coach will be there in time for a few pre-game beers, and there will no doubt be the usual array of onboard entertainment! We'll be taking bookings at the stand today.

GRAND NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKE - we're running a sweepstake at the 12th Man table today. £2 an entry - with £40 going to the person who selects the winning horse, and £40 being donated to the 12th Man scheme.

THE ONLY WAY IS UP - there's limited stock left of the book about last season's title winning exploits, on sale today for £6 a copy.

THE FAMOUS 12TH MAN BUCKET - if none of the above appeals, drop by anyway and donate all that annoying shrapnel to a worthy cause!

See you all down there.

Back
Top Bottom