Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Seconded. Even if he did ask me if I came here often. :D

Labrador-retrievers are best though. Acorn very much enjoyed the singing and especially the chips. :thumbs:

You were right in front of me, she was lovely too. I brought my Beagle on Tuesday and he was fine until someone wound him up waving a burger under his nose, after that my evening was ruined.

Hello guys, I woke up with two identical mobile phones this morning eek. Sony. Does anyone know who the other one belongs to? It will be someone who was at the party after the Fox in the Hill. Happy to deliver it back to it's rightful owner this afternoon :facepalm:
Scutta @MsDarlingKiss vornstyle76

Last edited:
Only my third time at the hill after coming along for the thriller against Harrow Borough and then the 0-2 loss to Bognor - both times with friends. Attended alone on Saturday and still loved every minute. Met Ian Daly's brother at the beginning of the 2nd half who said that even after playing against AEK Athens for Aris and scoring on his debut for the ROI U21s - Ian can't get enough of the club. Said from the first minute he played, he felt welcomed.

Fully supported by his 'impressive' celebration mentioned above! He really loves scoring.

Booked me and 3 mates on the coach to Billericay - it's been a while since I started drinking before 12pm. Onward!

There were loads of babies and young uns there yesterday. Is Champion Hill the Cerne Abbas of non-league footer I wonder? Or does the voodoo stick have fecund properties?

I enjoyed yesterday hugely. Back to proper Hamlet. Chaotic, creative, deadly in attack (for a short while). And the crowd was jumping in the second half. What a club the Hamlet is. I'm in love with it, having not really given a crap about football for ten years. Notts County does that to a chap.

I'd vowed to put my dog (the whippet) down yesterday had they lost as I'd persuaded myself she had hexed the club on its recent poor run. But now she is reprieved, pending the charge towards the play offs.

And respect to the Wingate and Finchley fans. What a splendid bunch. Will be a shame if they go down. But then again I thought the Enfield fans were sound too.

Ha! I complimented you about your beautiful dog and you told me your cruel twisted plan... Was howling with laughter!

Great day out yesterday. Second time I've done it on no sleep - I think I actually enjoy it more!

Must remember to suggest we pay a visit to Fox on the Hill to my mates after the Leiston game...

Just looking at the league table and, bloody hell, there's still seven teams vying for those play-off spots. That Kingstonian game on the last day is going to be something else.

If we're doing games with no sleep, back in December I did Hendon without crashing, and only had six hours or so between then and the Maidstone match the following Tuesday - which was the best game of football I have been to in many, many years.

The Fox were fine with us for about two hours and then a neighbour complained and we were told to turn it down. Probably a Tooting expat

It's hard to believe the fox on the hill asked us to leave when we were being so quiet.

8am? There was me thinking the night was winding down when we were refused access whilst trying to do the g man conga up the stairs.

It's hard to believe the fox on the hill asked us to leave when we were being so quiet.

8am? There was me thinking the night was winding down when we were refused access whilst trying to do the g man conga up the stairs.

I went to the Cherry Tree then Skehans then Venue and then a park and then home. Absolutely sloshed! If DHFC win the play offs you may as well put a 72 hour Police hunt on my ass as god knows how merry I'd be after that!

What a great day on Saturday! ANOTHER WIN already watching the clock until next Saturday. felt like the rabble was bulging and getting bigger, more and more people standing behind the goal enjoying the carnival atmosphere..(maybe not Otta or steve0 :p ). and great meeting a few of the fans who started coming down in Jan that I hadnt before in the fox after and I hope to see them at the away game next weekend as well!

points to note from previous posts:

I'm now cool enough to be considered a hipster... I've made it at last...

Please dont kill your dog Taper its an awesome dog :)

and whos going to be on Burt watching duties WHEN WE WIN the play offs...

I went to the Cherry Tree then Skehans then Venue and then a park and then home. Absolutely sloshed! If DHFC win the play offs you may as well put a 72 hour Police hunt on my ass as god knows how merry I'd be after that!

I'm deeply intrigued by the workings of your mind that occurred in between me leaving Skehans at quarter past nine and you deciding to go to Venue on your own.

Not sure I'm competent to volunteer for Burtwatching duties in the event of promotion as I fell off the East Dulwich roundabout after the Burgess Hill game and was covered in bruises for the whole week after.

Some more photos:

dulwich-hamlet-wingate-finchley-01.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-wingate-finchley-04.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-wingate-finchley-06.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-wingate-finchley-13.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-wingate-finchley-19.jpg

dulwich-hamlet-wingate-finchley-23.jpg

Loads more: http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2014/04/...s-alive-with-a-4-2-win-over-wingate-finchley/

Nice pictures Editor, as usual I'm the invisible man.

Must remember for the future:

1. Bring a pretty dog or baby
2. Grow a beard
3. Wear silly sunglasses
4. Make a banner or be seen helping to hang it up.
5. Play football with the little kids in the corner.
6. Drink Strongbow and always have a can in hand.

Failing that run naked across the pitch.

I forgot, bring a fluffy toy.

Back
Top Bottom