Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Had a brilliant time on Saturday. Much improved on the pitch and the Rabble was in fine voice too. I've started bringing along a few friends and they're hooked. Dulwich Hamlet is addictive!

A highlight was walking up Champion Hill, well after the game had finished and hearing from the Fox on the Hill garden - "We hate Tooting and Mitcham, we hate Leatherhead too - they're SCUM!". At that point, It seemed rude not to come in for a pint! Was great to see so many of you still there.

I love this club!

8am? There was me thinking the night was winding down when we were refused access whilst trying to do the g man conga up the stairs.
I love the fact that, after that girl explained at great exasperated length that she had to wake up at stupid o'clock for work that morning, one of us tried to reason, "But it's the G-Man conga!"

Nice pictures Editor, as usual I'm the invisible man.

Must remember for the future:

1. Bring a pretty dog or baby
2. Grow a beard
3. Wear silly sunglasses
4. Make a banner or be seen helping to hang it up.
5. Play football with the little kids in the corner.
6. Drink Strongbow and always have a can in hand.

Failing that run naked across the pitch.

I forgot, bring a fluffy toy.
I gave 5 a quick go at halftime but swiftly scuttled off as I refused to be nutmegged by a 7-year-old. This led to much of 6 throughout the second half.

Reactions: EDC
I got collared by the old fella in the crash helmet and the ladies handbag before the game kicked off. He whipped out a letter from the Maudsley which listed all the prescription drugs he had in his handbag and it was quite a list. He told me he was having a brilliant day out! :cool:

Edited to add, he was not the g-man's dad
Who on earth is that guy? I saw him rambling to one of the present pooches at one point before KO - can't remember if it was the whippet or the golden retriever. I like his style, he wore the hell out of that handbag.

Yes the man with the gman hat and handbag collared me as well when passing
couldn't understand a word
Its great that he feels so at home at the Club
after all he no doubt saw Rob and Gman and thought
I can seriously give this a go

Hope he enjoyed his day

The rest of us certainly did

Have to say the level of drinking - is a tad hard to keep up with

I just love it that people choice to bring their own or get it from the bar

Its like a really great restaurant I knew down Brick lane, we were chuffed that it had no license, so could bring your own drink, thus saving yourself 50% of the cost of a night out

Would be great to agree mass party (maybe with food) at a pub after the Leiston game - Fox again ?

surely we should march somewhere as a group ? or is it the island ?

Last edited:
And respect to the Wingate and Finchley fans. What a splendid bunch. Will be a shame if they go down. But then again I thought the Enfield fans were sound too.

The W&F are a fine bunch. Their banners are marvellous. My local club actually. Well, them or Haringey Borough. I'd prefer ETU to go down and W&F to stay up, but they can't buy a win at the moment. It'll probably come down to our games against each other.

Kind words about us too, appreciated :)

I had a brief conflab, although neither I or the dog were clear about what he said. I liked his style. I like to imagine he once roadied for Dr Feelgood.

So did I - couldn't understand a word of what he said, but nodded and smiled.

I'd also like to big up the chippie on Dog Kennel Hill. A portion of (delicious) chips will feed about four people for less than two quid. The guys working there are great and were very interested in Dulwich Hamlet's progress!

Well the goats could keep the grass cut down and a giraffe could keep the Tuscan Pines from over taking the stadium.

Giraffes could also deter phantom sausage flingers and keep an eye out for stealthy flare merchants.

Last edited:
Nimbly mouthpiece East Dulwich Forum is on the warpath over the car wash closing. A pound a car wages, where the morality in that.

message.gif
Re: Football-grounds car-park car wash -- police cordons --

Posted by neilson99 Today, 08:02PM

What a shame these guys were fantastic and worked their backsides off for not a lot. I stood there one day and worked out they must make less than a pound per car each. I hope they sort it out or relocate somewhere nearby.

What a load if tosh people getting soaked waiting at the turnstiles I've never seen a queue for the football.

Nimbly mouthpiece East Dulwich Forum is on the warpath over the car wash closing. A pound a car wages, where the morality in that.

message.gif
Re: Football-grounds car-park car wash -- police cordons --

Posted by neilson99 Today, 08:02PM

What a shame these guys were fantastic and worked their backsides off for not a lot. I stood there one day and worked out they must make less than a pound per car each. I hope they sort it out or relocate somewhere nearby.

What a load if tosh people getting soaked waiting at the turnstiles I've never seen a queue for the football.

I've sought to bring harmony to the thread.

Apparently the issue was more to do with their refusal to pay any utility bills. Would partially explain why it took us so long to deal with the edf issue.

Back
Top Bottom