Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

We have 92 league goals so far this season. Here's to scoring a ton. I'm predicting a cheeky double from Nyren against Billericay, an Erhun hat-trick and one from Ellis Green against Leiston, and a Vidal screamer-last-minute-equaliser against Hampton and Richmond. Finally, Peter Adeniyi to go on a maze-y run, taking it past the entire Kinstonian team (maybe some of them twice) before rounding the keeper and nutmegging their hapless centre back on the line, who in turn falls flat on his arse and starts crying tears of joy when he realises how he's contributed to the ongoing glory of the pink and blue army. We will then go on to beat Kingstonian at least 10-0. The goalscorers' names from that point on are incidental.

Last edited:
Who is going on the coach on Saturday and who is freelancing it?

I am freelancing so maybe we could meet up somewhere in South London and go *en masse

*turn up merry

There is STILL lots of space on the coach, and if people don't travel on it then it will lose money again!
For all the talk of community, and collective unity and all that...the coach fare is £12 for adults, £8 for seniors and juniors. yes, you can get to Billericay for £12 on the train with a Network Card...but you still have to get over to Liverpool Street. The coach leaves Champion Hill at eleven, perfect if you fancy, ahem, breakfast in the Fox on the Hill beforehand, and there's always Sainsburys for your on board supplies.

Just remember, when there are longer journeys next season, if we go up, and you ask when the coach is going, please don't be too upset when the response is there isn't one, because so few of you supported them this season...

I'm happy to support Hamlet in any way I can, but I've always preferred to travel independently. I like trains. Coaches make me ill.

Plus, I'm usually doing a Brixton club night the night before and so there's no way on earth I can get up in time for the early start of the coach trip. Sorry!

I'm happy to support Hamlet in any way I can, but I've always preferred to travel independently. I like trains. Coaches make me ill.

Plus, I'm usually doing a Brixton club night the night before and so there's no way on earth I can get up in time for the early start of the coach trip. Sorry!

Don't you mean "there's no way on earth I can get back home in time for the early start" :p

Premier Division Playoffs are Wednesday night I think!!
Yes, and the final is on Bank Holiday Monday 5 May. These dates have been listed in the matchday programmes for some time now. So any shift workers (or anyone else for that matter) would be well advised to make the necessary arrangements ASAP just in case.

Same for me. I only use coaches if I absolutely have to and I've got a bit of a phobia about them, especially if it involves going on a motorway. Also it usually takes me over half an hour just to get to Champion Hill, which means leaving home before 10.30am. Far too early for a not-too-distant away game when I have other commitments. By train I don't need to leave until just before 1pm. Sorry, but the coach is a lot less convenient for me personally so that's why I won't be using it.

Trains run every 20 minutes from Liverpool Street to Billericay, also calling at Stratford, and there are no planned engineering works. It's a fair hike to the ground, about 20 minutes.

Hi, first time posting here. Been going to matches since January, planning on my first away day at Billericay this Saturday! Is it possible to buy coach tickets on the day itself, or do I have to book beforehand? Cheers.
Mishi suggests below that there are still plenty of spaces left so you should be able to show up on the day but if you want to be sure, call Shaun Dooley on 07931 276118 beforehand.
There is STILL lots of space on the coach, and if people don't travel on it then it will lose money again!
For all the talk of community, and collective unity and all that...the coach fare is £12 for adults, £8 for seniors and juniors. yes, you can get to Billericay for £12 on the train with a Network Card...but you still have to get over to Liverpool Street. The coach leaves Champion Hill at eleven, perfect if you fancy, ahem, breakfast in the Fox on the Hill beforehand, and there's always Sainsburys for your on board supplies.

Just remember, when there are longer journeys next season, if we go up, and you ask when the coach is going, please don't be too upset when the response is there isn't one, because so few of you supported them this season...
My sentiments chime with others - what Shaun does is great and I have been on a number of coach journeys this season. I have particularly enjoyed some of the "this is what supporting Dulwich used to be like" novellas that MIshi has written and handed out to all of the travellers. It's just that quite often, as is the case with Saturday, the coach journey just doesn't fit in with my diary too well and independent travel allows me to do what I need to do before or after the game.

Trains run every 20 minutes from Liverpool Street to Billericay, also calling at Stratford, and there are no planned engineering works. It's a fair hike to the ground, about 20 minutes.
I reckon I'll aim for the 13:29 from Liverpool Street. Has anyone got a similar agenda?

Hi, first time posting here. Been going to matches since January, planning on my first away day at Billericay this Saturday! Is it possible to buy coach tickets on the day itself, or do I have to book beforehand? Cheers.
Just speak to, or leave a message with, coach organiser Shaun Dooley: 07931 276 118

And anyone travelling on the coach is welcome to donate a prize or two to the on-board raffle...

Just speak to, or leave a message with, coach organiser Shaun Dooley: 07931 276 118

And anyone travelling on the coach is welcome to donate a prize or two to the on-board raffle...
Just realised that had already been posted, no harm in repeating it. I respond by reading downwards, from the last post I read..

Of course, I realsie some people can't make coaches, have other arrangements, so on...I'm merely trying to highlight that if you can make the coach, but choose not to...it's a 'use it, or lose it' scenario...

And's it's terrible that Shaun has to dip into his own pocket through his love of the club...but there you go.

See you all on Saturday, no matter how you get there...

Just realised that had already been posted, no harm in repeating it. I respond by reading downwards, from the last post I read..

Of course, I realsie some people can't make coaches, have other arrangements, so on...I'm merely trying to highlight that if you can make the coach, but choose not to...it's a 'use it, or lose it' scenario...

And's it's terrible that Shaun has to dip into his own pocket through his love of the club...but there you go.

See you all on Saturday, no matter how you get there...

again have to get train due to arrangements before n after the game

...maybe its worth starting an away day collection to help cover costs if not everyone can take coaches that week or at least a little bit of the costs? all though dont know how easy that would be... im sure though next season with the longer distances (and hopefully growing fanbase) there should be more demand.

Back
Top Bottom