Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

I have spoke to Shaun, as mentioned there are a few ideas being floated about, things to discuss on Saturday I am sure.

Ps my idea would be to form a proper Supporters Club, leaving the trust to do what they do..... :rolleyes:

Had a chat with a couple of Labour councillors who knocked on my door today.

Although they expressed some concern over the ground situation, they don't really have any intention to do anything except let the planning process take its course. The idea of using Greendale was totally unacceptable according to them and they were not even interested in discussing the possibility of the land being redesignated. Presumably there must be some democratic way of doing that, but that was a road they clearly had no interest in going down.

Very short sighted. There's a very good urban design solution here that could benefit the club, the amenity of the area and the local housing situation; all using Hadley's cash!

Greendale is a waste of green space. I use the area a fair bit to walk my dog. It's essentially an overgrown piece of wasteland with very limited utility, save for the all weather pitch. With investment (Hadley's, under section 106?), it could become a park or green space which could benefit everyone who lives around there, particularly if it links up with DKH woods. At present, you can walk though Greendales and through the woods to Sainsbury's and to the Hamlet. But that's only because someone has ripped a hole in the fence. But proper development could really open the area up. A proper bit of Of urban wilderness that would add hugely to local biodiversity and the health and wellbeing of the community. The kind of thing the Labour Party should be supporting.

A quid pro quo would presumably be a new stadium for the Hamlet, in turn to release land for property develoment. This could encroach on Greendales, but might only involve an element of the rather unlovely all weather pitch.

But for something like this to happen, a pre-requisite is to get the local councillors off the idea that a poorly used and rather pointless bit of land needs preserving in aspic.

I'd definitely get the coach on Saturday if I wasn't working nights. Train allows me an extra 2 hours sleep, basically.

But for something like this to happen, a pre-requisite is to get the local councillors off the idea that a poorly used and rather pointless bit of land needs preserving in aspic.

The biggest problem is the local nimbies from the Peckham and Dulwich Societies. Of course very few of them actually live in properties which overlook Greendales or are ever likely to use it. I've said before the place where a stadium could be built is an absolute shit hole at present and a properly run club in a ground which could serve the community can only be a good thing.

you dont half go on ;-)

fuck it I'll do it for next season any other nouveau lot want to help sankara ?? anyone else?

we can put a proposal similar to above bit more details, obviously, then bound it about on here and the main forum see what people think, agree and then implement.

haha the travel club sounds like we are in an Enid Blyton Story....
We can let vornstyle76 come up with the name (or maybe not :D dont wont to end up with the satanic god sodomizing ultra tour bus travel company.com)

Edit as long as Shaun is happy with the idea....of course

Love you And your eyes!!

I always preferred the Secret Seven to the Famous Five. What were your preferences? ;-)
Ha ha. Thankfully my parents are immigrants and subsequently they made sure us children never got anywhere near that muck whilst we were still impressionable.

haha the travel club sounds like we are in an Enid Blyton Story....
Without the racism, reinforcement of "traditional" gender roles and general bigotry of course.

fuck it I'll do it for next season any other nouveau lot want to help sankara ??
In principle yes - it's a superb idea Mick. I do agree that anything like this would have to include all interested parties and it would be only fair on Shaun if we stopped forcing him to take all of the financial loss associated with taking the coaches. If that loss was spread over a larger number of people (if it has to be a loss at all) then I think a lot of us wouldn't even notice it financially although I know some would so maybe we could have a contribution system on ability to pay. All to nah - Altona 93's system sounds excellent and certainly a model that we could look into, thank you for that idea.

I grew up where she wrote her books

and anyway thatcher lived in Dulwich ffs!

13.29 is good for me

Can we do half an hour earlier then we will get chance to visit a pub before the game kicks off as it is 20-25 mins walk to the ground

Can we do half an hour earlier then we will get chance to visit a pub before the game kicks off as it is 20-25 mins walk to the ground
I can't make it any earlier than that - but don't let that stop you. I did do a bit of research on Billericay pubs and the good ones don't seem to be near the station or the ground or in between.

Ok no worries chaps, will stick with the 13.29 and have a beer at Liverpool Street. I guess that anyone who wants to meet earlier could meet up in a pub nr Liverpool St

ETA Hamilton Hall boozer from 12.30 onwards

Ok no worries chaps, will stick with the 13.29 and have a beer at Liverpool Street. I guess that anyone who wants to meet earlier could meet up in a pub nr Liverpool St

ETA Hamilton Hall boozer from 12.30 onwards

cool well if i can get there any earlier i will see you in the HH.

I quick glance at Billericay's Wikipedia page shows that Andy Coulson and shit comedian Lee Evans come from there and it's former MP was Teresa Gorman. I fucking hate the place already.
I'd have been quite grateful to have Teresa Gorman as my MP, after her predecessor Harvey Proctor!

Has anyone been to the Billericay ground before?
Last visit was for a pre-season match in 2008. The ground is on the edge of town with very rural views of the countryside once you're inside. It's a bit like Wealdstone in the sense that there's a mish-mash of small stands and cover on all four sides. I seem to recall there was quite a plush clubhouse.

Map here with ground arrowed:

http://streetmap.com/map.srf?x=5662...st=2&pc=CM12 9SA&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf

Entrance is off Blunts Wall Road, station is the red spot in the far right top corner of the map page.

I have been to the clubhouse for a birthday party (Agent Sparrow's Spurs-women's-team-playing relative), it's huge.

I'd have been quite grateful to have Teresa Gorman as my MP, after her predecessor Harvey Proctor!

Last visit was for a pre-season match in 2008. The ground is on the edge of town with very rural views of the countryside once you're inside. It's a bit like Wealdstone in the sense that there's a mish-mash of small stands and cover on all four sides. I seem to recall there was quite a plush clubhouse.

Map here with ground arrowed:

http://streetmap.com/map.srf?x=5662...st=2&pc=CM12 9SA&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf

Entrance is off Blunts Wall Road, station is the red spot in the far right top corner of the map page.
A fine reply - many thanks. I do like a view with my Buckfast.

I'm a couple of years too young to remember him so I looked him up. What a bastard! I agree with you but a place that elected that scoundrel is certainly not going to receive any love from me, especially if they followed it up with Teresa Gorman. Surprise, surprise their current MP, John Baron, is also Tory scum. He went from the army and on to merchant banking. All of the hallmarks of a complete cunt - I'm shocked he was never an estate agent. He did make up for that lack of cuntishness on his CV by becoming the treasurer for the Streatham Tories and then an MP. So he's a traitor to South London too.We need to give the people of Billericay a political re-education I think.

Could somebody do an analysis of the top teams run in to the playoffs and likely scenarios - all very close

Given the time I have on my hands due to current lack of work, I've given this a go.

Current state of play Pld-Pts-GD
Wealdstone 41 89 59
Dulwich Hamlet 42 78 33
AFC Hornchurch 42 76 29
Bognor Regis Town 41 76 27
Kingstonian 42 75 27
Maidstone 42 74 34
Lowestoft 40 71 30
Hendon 41 69 21

After the recent crop of games in hand went largely Hamlet's way, our fate is almost now back in our own hands. If we win our remaining games (Billericay (a), Leiston (h), Hampton (a) and Kingstonian (h) we are guaranteed at least 3rd. Really, that's the bottom line. The only other important game, in that context, is next Tuesday's Hampton v Bognor game. Hampton are currently on a decent run of form, they drew with Hornchurch last night and only lost narrowly to Lowestoft recently. If Hampton avoid defeat in that next week, Hamlet can finish 2nd again. Really, that is all we need to know.

However, your question was the other team's run ins. We can assume Wealdstone are gone but it will be interesting to see if they go all Leicester when they've confirmed promotion and simply walk round pissed for the rest of the season.

Hornchurch: They have to face Hampton again next week and, although a fairly dicey derby trip to Canvey awaits, they also play Harrow (h) and Met Police (h) so can be expected to get a pretty good haul out of that.
Bognor: On paper they have a tricky run in. They will no doubt get 3pts this weekend against WIngate (h) but then they visit Hampton and then Maidstone before entertaining Wealdstone and finishing off with a trip to an East Thurrock side likely to need the points to stay up.
Maidstone: Before entertaining Bognor they have a tricky trip to Enfield but likely to finish off with 6pts against Met Police (a) and Grays (h).
Kingstonian: Probably a harder run in than Bognor. Before finishing off at Champion Hill they tomorrow host Lowestoft and then visit Wealdstone before their final home game against Carshalton.
Lowestoft: They've got a horrible week, starting Saturday away at Kingstonian. On Tuesday they have a trip to Enfield and another to Grays on Thursday before finishing the week with a home game against Billericay. Their penultimate game is the Suffolk derby away at Bury but they finish off at home to Harrow.
Hendon: I've been prediciting their creep towards the play offs for a couple of weeks as the top 7 have been taking points off each other. They stumbled midweek but have been on form. Their whole run-in is eminently winable, Canvey (a), Harrow (h), Grays (h), Billericay (a), Margate (h).

This league run-in is almost as bonkers as the Championship was last season. I'm not even going to try predicting it. That's a lie, I have, but it's pointless.

Yet another pathetic post on the EDF regarding the car wash.

message.gif
Re: Football-grounds car-park car wash -- police cordons --

Posted by Loz Today, 04:50PM

Pink Panther Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> As a Hamlet supporter I'm delighted that this
> cowboy operation has finally been closed down.
> Not before time too.

So you are happy these hard-working guys lost their jobs because you go ever-so-slightly sprayed once every second Saturday? Nice.

how about somebody knocking the highlights of the season into A5 booklet say 10-20 pages
photos with blurb (unless someones writting a book again)
I can print up colour x100 copies
The 12th Man produced a great book last year featuring stories from various fans - maybe they will do it again. Worth a group effort. :)

Back
Top Bottom