Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

I'm just finishing my nightshift, and have finally sobered up. A minor miracle of modern alienating capitalism that I even turned up.

In many ways my highlight of yesterday was my wife's look of horror when I said, "...and then we hung a cat." She thinks the Rabble are so far gone we'll kill a real animal in an orgy of ritualized mobocratic bloodlust.

I'm just finishing my nightshift, and have finally sobered up. A minor miracle of modern alienating capitalism that I even turned up.

In many ways my highlight of yesterday was my wife's look of horror when I said, "...and then we hung a cat." She thinks the Rabble are so far gone we'll kill a real animal in an orgy of ritualized mobocratic bloodlust.
get me the goat...........

Is this what East Dulwich is coming too.

message.gif
Re: Football-grounds car-park car wash -- police cordons --

Posted by neilson99 Today, 03:07PM

Pink Panther if you read my post properly you'll realise that I was not celebrating in any way the fact that they got paid so little. I suspect your just looking for some reason to latch onto this issue and do your best Angry of East Dulwich impression.

Perhaps it was located in the wrong place in the car park such that you got a little damp on the way to such an illustrious and well appointed stadium, (you could always take 30 seconds and walk around it rather than through it?) but only a complete simpleton would think that evicting a source of revenue (however meagre and badly managed that has been) might not be the best way to helping DHFC to a financially sustainable future.

Hope DHFC and their poor rain soaked fans are pleased that they are putting out of work some people who seemed to me to work their backsides off, do a really great job and always did it in a polite and friendly way. Let's hope that karmma doesn't kick in and that they get relegated this season, they'd deserve it if they did!
duh we're in the play off places, prrrrrrrick!

Heading for a hair of the dog at the Effra Tavern if anyone fancies it. Mid day until modern football finishes.

Whaddaya mean 'if'? ??? The Supporters Team are going there in May 2015, to play in their supporters' tournament. A number of Hamlet fans have been over there to see them this season, and got a warm welcome as soon as their colours are spotted, and I'm planning to go over there at the end of May for the Hamburg Cup final, if (when, fingers crossed!) we beat Condor in the semi. A couple of their fans will be at the last league game of the season against Kingstonian, Jan & George, I believe. By coincidence Nicolas will be over for the same game, from our Belgian fans, in Namur! Happy days!

I'll be there for 9 May weekend. Anyone else going that weekend by pure chance? Jan is going to get the Altona game fixed for Friday to avoid St Pauli on Sunday, which is kind of him... Also the harbour festival that weekend, which is a debauched mix of beer, music and fish.

Fantastic. Next game? I haven't participated in "an orgy of ritualized mobocratic bloodlust" for months...

So many games in coming days in the Isthmian leagues... but no Dulwich :-(

I'm going to cheer on Guernsey away at Redhill on Tuesday? In preparation of their likely play off game v Leatherhead... Anyone else fancying going?

I'm going to cheer on Guernsey away at Redhill on Tuesday? In preparation of their likely play off game v Leatherhead... Anyone else fancying going?
It's tempting but I'm fairly skint and busy with moving next week.

Some avant-garde durational art for you all to ponder:

It steps up in intensity after about eight minutes.

Last edited:
I mentioned a while back critical mass. It is celebrating its 20th anniversary ride in London on Friday 25 April. It would be great to have a pink and blue section of the mass. If you've not been on a mass before it consists of cycling as a mass through London streets on no planned route, accompanied by some bikes with sound systems. Don't forget to bring beer or whatever you fancy for the journey.

If you haven't got a bike, then beg or scrounge one. Failing that, then you can hire a brompton for £5 for a day (return by midnight) from Peckham Rye station - http://www.bromptondock.co.uk/our-docks/london/peckham-rye-2735/

I mentioned a while back critical mass. It is celebrating its 20th anniversary ride in London on Friday 25 April. It would be great to have a pink and blue section of the mass. If you've not been on a mass before it consists of cycling as a mass through London streets on no planned route, accompanied by some bikes with sound systems. Don't forget to bring beer or whatever you fancy for the journey.

If you haven't got a bike, then beg or scrounge one. Failing that, then you can hire a brompton for £5 for a day (return by midnight) from Peckham Rye station - http://www.bromptondock.co.uk/our-docks/london/peckham-rye-2735/
I'm in if the weather's not rainy

I quite fancy the brewery in Peckham that was mentioned a while ago.
if I can im up for that but may be helping paint a house beforehand (will see if I can convince them to paint it pink n blue)... so may have to come straight to the game...

I know we kinda got chucked out after the last home game, but I reckon the Fox on the Hill is well-placed for a lot of people, and cheap.

Can't be beaten on location and prices but would we be allowed in...?

on the other hand I do love the fox... a lot..they have to let us in. they will let us in.

I quite fancy the brewery in Peckham that was mentioned a while ago.
I have been there a few times before games now. I'll be bringing along a new convert so I'll see what they are keen on doing but I will certainly advocate the Brick Brewery. It's not cheap (£3.60 - £3.80 a pint) but the beer is very nice.

I have been there a few times before games now. I'll be bringing along a new convert so I'll see what they are keen on doing but I will certainly advocate the Brick Brewery. It's not cheap (£3.60 - £3.80 a pint) but the beer is very nice.
You could, of course, drink in the Dulwich Hamlet bar, where any profit gets ploughed back into the club you support...just an idea... ;-)

I don't think they wouldn't let us in, they didn't say anything about being barred and they were fairly reasonable about it.

Well maybe if we turn up after the game and start singing again...
Of course the Fox will let you in! The drinks are affordable in there too. Maybe just drink on the tirangle, across the car park, so they can't hear you in the pub! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom