Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet FC 2013-2014 season - chat, rumours, reports

Mike Bayly ‏@Mike_Bayly at Wingate & Finchley FC (edited) tweeted that they have 10-12 walking to Champion Hill on a sponsored walk for local Hospice

I do hope we will give them a true and very warm welcome

Mishi - happy to contribute towards fund whip round for burger and tea or what ever refreshments

Mike also says key Group 43 members were Finchley FC supporters

Last edited:
[URL='https://twitter.com/Mike_Bayly'] Mike Bayly ‏@Mike_Bayly at Finchley & Wingate FC tweeted that they have 10-12 walking to Champion Hill on a sponsored walk for local Hospice[/URL]

I do hope we will give them a true and very warm welcome

Mishi - happy to contribute towards fund whip round for burger and tea or what ever refreshments

Mike also says key Group 43 members were Finchley FC supporters
Erm, why wouldn't we give them a true and very warm welcome. Of course we will...why 'hope'?

Hope you organise the whip round for whatever, won't be there for the game as I'm working, but to be honest I think they'd rather you chucked the money into their buckets. The walk has already been plugged on the official website, which I mentioned on this thread a few hours ago.

pedantic
You Mishi - Thats what we love about you

I stated clearly Finchley FC because they did not merge with Wingate until 1991

Thus supporters of Group 43 supported Finchley FC
not Finchley & Wingate FC

I rest my case (Move aside Maxine Peake)

Last edited:
pedantic
You Mishi - Thats what we love about you

I stated clearly Finchley FC because they did not merge with Wingate until 1991

Thus supporters of Group 43 supported Finchley FC
not Finchley & Wingate FC

I rest my case (Move aside Maxine Peake)
I was referring to you calling them Finchley and Wingate here:

Mike Bayly ‏@Mike_Baylyat Finchley & Wingate FC tweeted that they have 10-12 walking to Champion Hill on a sponsored walk for local Hospice

NOT there immediate pre-merger post-War years...

your right Mishi

Got it wrong way around

Wingate & Finchley

Got confused with Finchley the place and Wingate (the part of the club named after the great British WW2 leader Orde Wingate who developed guerrilla warfare techniques in Burma against the Japenese

His Indian Special forces known as Chindits (Chindit is a corrupted form of the Burmese mythical beast Chinthe or Chinthay, statues of which guarded Buddhist temples.)

Became the pro type for the more famous Merrill's Marauders.

ps Mishi just seen you leaving work wearing a Dulwich Hamlet shirt

Last edited:
I read this book a few years ago, stumbled across a tatty copy in Whitechapel library, and subsequently bought my own. One of the most amazing books I've read, and actually a little ashamed I'd not heard of them until then. I genuinely cannot believe someone hasn't discovered this book and attempted to make it into a genuine blockbuster film. It has everything...a cause, fighting fascism, set in a historic city in a post-war era, intrique, infiltration, crossing classes, love...the lot!

Is the book still in print, I'd like to read it?

Top Ten Rabble Moments 2013-14 Season

The season is not over yet, but surely time we started gathering our individual and collective thoughts on the best moments (so far) of the Season on the pitch and on the terraces

- Away support at Hemel Hempstead in the FA Cup and Erhun's goal
- The sit in and sing in at Kingstonians
- Ian Daly's Dialectic Destroying Cobra Morph video
- Away at Thurrock (supporters go topless on a cold winters night)
- Home to Maidstone (on and off the pitch - the no to Royal Mail privatisation video)
- The Away Game (Bognor?) we had radio commentary
- Phil Wilson 100 saves in one game home match (was it Canvey ?)
- Away Goal celebration - The Rabble running down the touchline Margate ?
- Tuscany Regional Flag and Anarchist flag, Gavin Rose Poster, Ref your a mug poster, Weve already won the moral victory banner, Police & football banner
- New Rabble Songs

I am sure others will have many more some I missed or were just quality

What ever its been a real joy

I read this book a few years ago, stumbled across a tatty copy in Whitechapel library, and subsequently bought my own. One of the most amazing books I've read, and actually a little ashamed I'd not heard of them until then. I genuinely cannot believe someone hasn't discovered this book and attempted to make it into a genuine blockbuster film. It has everything...a cause, fighting fascism, set in a historic city in a post-war era, intrique, infiltration, crossing classes, love...the lot!

I'm reading it at the moment, and the exact same thought occurred to me about a film version! In the right hands that could be a cracker.

There's also a 20 min docu on the 43 group on YouTube (would link it up but I'm on phone right now - easy enough to find) - plenty of interviews with surviving (although docu is fairly old now so imagine many have now passed on) members

Top Ten Rabble Moments 2013-14 Season

The season is not over yet, but surely time we started gathering our individual and collective thoughts on the best moments (so far) of the Season on the pitch and on the terraces

- Away support at Hemel Hempstead in the FA Cup and Erhun's goal
- The sit in and sing in at Kingstonians
- Ian Daly's Dialectic Destroying Cobra Morph video
- Away at Thurrock (supporters go topless on a cold winters night)
- Home to Maidstone (on and off the pitch - the no to Royal Mail privatisation video)
- The Away Game (Bognor?) we had radio commentary
- Phil Wilson 100 saves in one game home match (was it Canvey ?)
- Away Goal celebration - The Rabble running down the touchline Margate ?
- Tuscany Regional Flag and Anarchist flag, Gavin Rose Poster, Ref your a mug poster, Weve already won the moral victory banner, Police & football banner
- New Rabble Songs

I am sure others will have many more some I missed or were just quality

What ever its been a real joy
Ah, yes. Margate away. :D

margate-dulwich-hamlet-31.jpg

The official Wingate & Finchley FC twitter account
re tweeted are support for the Hero's of the 43 Group

Then again as stated, many of the 43 Group did training at Jewish sports clubs including Finchley FC and appear in the You tube video, were early Finchley FC ultras

Back
Top Bottom