Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dullest Film Ever

Kill Bill vol. 1 - utterly dull, tedious shite which was as enjoyable as toothache. A friend told me vol. 2 "makes it all worth it." Whatever.

Moulin Rouge - Ewan charisma bypass McGregor in 2 hours of vile, overdressed nonsense trying desperately to make up for its lack of substance with ever more frenetic cutting.

Valuable time, forever lost...

vogonity said:
Kill Bill vol. 1 - utterly dull, tedious shite which was as enjoyable as toothache. A friend told me vol. 2 "makes it all worth it." Whatever.

Moulin Rouge - Ewan charisma bypass McGregor in 2 hours of vile, overdressed nonsense trying desperately to make up for its lack of substance with ever more frenetic cutting.

Valuable time, forever lost...

the swedish 1970s exploiation/cult-thriller/B-movie tarantino so shamelessly ripped off the story & characters* from,though,is a well worth it-view...i dare you to seek it out!..it is the REAL shit. :cool:
(while tarantino shits his teenageboy pants in front of his playstation 2 and a pile of vcr's with obscure films he's "borrowed" more than a wee bit from.. :mad: )

* i.e.,the character of "the bride",plus the whole sodding revenge plot...! ..has no shame has he,mr.quentin...! :p grrrr.

i did a search for 'northfork' having watched it last night and this thread came up - i'm just putting it in here again so if anyone is considering watching it then they will see this thread and perhaps leave it well alone.

that said i did actually start drifiting in and out of sleep a the end which i guess worked well with the dream like sequences... but no, on the whole this was seriously dull

8 Miles - a predictable plot and loads of things that don't tied together or are just totally irrelavent to the story.

Boring.

Plus Brittany Murphy having a hair style set with glue.

All sorts of excellent films have been mentioned in this thread, a clear reminder of "different strokes for different folks"...

The slowest film I've ever seen is Bela Tarr's Sátántangó which, including the two intervals, lasted a whopping 9 hours. I saw it at the NFT a few years back with some hardcore cineaste friends. Went in at 1pm and left the cinema at 10pm!

The film became about time itself, it was just so damn slow it was unreal. I found myself getting used to the pace after the first hour or so, which included a 20 min b+w sunrise over a muddy field in real time. But I do remember getting very irritated late in the film when the characters simply stopped speaking and ate a meal in silence for 15 mins or so!

Random One said:
A 9 HOUR FILM????!!!:eek:

Well, I shouldn't exaggerate, it was only seven and a half hours. The rest of the time was spent in intervals drinking coffee and eating dinner!

My Girl 2. THE most dullest film ever.

I also thought that Grosse Point Blank and Lost Highway were pretty dull. Hey, maybe I was'nt in the mood....

Pearl Harbor - Honestly, the only thing good about this film was the theme tune.. I've had a more entertaining time watching paint dry.

National Treasure - I got this out on pay per view, sat in front on the tv the entire way through and yet I only vaguely know something about them trying to steal the Declaration of Independence and have no idea how it ended. Engaging stuff!

The Last Samurai - Put it this way, I sat through the first 10 minutes, I then remember wandering off to do something and not coming back.

alef said:
All sorts of excellent films have been mentioned in this thread, a clear reminder of "different strokes for different folks"...

The slowest film I've ever seen is Bela Tarr's Sátántangó which, including the two intervals, lasted a whopping 9 hours. I saw it at the NFT a few years back with some hardcore cineaste friends. Went in at 1pm and left the cinema at 10pm!

The film became about time itself, it was just so damn slow it was unreal. I found myself getting used to the pace after the first hour or so, which included a 20 min b+w sunrise over a muddy field in real time. But I do remember getting very irritated late in the film when the characters simply stopped speaking and ate a meal in silence for 15 mins or so!

Quite frankly, things like that would make me very, very grateful for the existence of, say "Con Air"

reNnIe said:
I love that film!
we got the next one too (from one of those dvd postal rental things, we didnt think to cancel what was obviously going to be Before Sunset when returning t'other, even tho we know Sunset is meant to be even worse!).

To avoid us having to watch it - did either of them turn up six months on then? I guessed at just him doing so.

A film about Proust I saw which I *think* was called 'Time Regained'. It was three hours long and despite the s&m scenes it has to be the dullest thing ever committed to celluloid.

The Cut
Scarface
The Madness of King George
Lost in Translation

To name only three, I could go on.

I really liked Gladiator though and Gangs of New York.

I shall await the barrage of abuse!!

Emac53 said:
The Cut
Scarface
Lost in Translation

methinks the abuse will be for your inability to count rather than your critical faculties!

Emac53 said:
The Cut
Scarface
Lost in Translation

*counts on fingers*
*frowns*
*counts again*
*laughs out loud*

Back
Top Bottom