Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dullest Film Ever

Most of the Roger Moore ones are too dull even to entertain a child.
tumblr_ms73k3szJQ1srtv8ho1_400.gif

For fuck sake, stop trying to pretend that either one of has has a better statistic than the other. You can't get beyond 20 million and that's OK because it's not 50 million? I am not playing fucking war dead top trumps. You think 20 million dead is like some reasonable number???? I mean if it's off season that must be OK I guess. Or FFS THIS IS INSANE! ly 20 million -20 million dead! If it's 20 million that's Ok then. Because it could have been worse? There's something very wrong with the world we live in.

Eh???

Why so aggressive?

I'm simply asking (quite politely) where you're getting these numbers from.

You either have a credible source or you're pulling them out of your arse. If it's the former it would update my knowledge; if the latter I can safely ignore what you say about it as nonsense.

This is how wars start :eek:

Broke Back Mountain; I have tried at least twice to watch it and have not managed to finish it, I find it soo utterly dull, it seems that absolutely NOTHING happens. I watched it or rather tried to watch it because it had won awards and received so much praise, even had personal recommendations that i thought I would give a go, but no, it is just so utterly dull and boring.

Ding, dong the witch is dead !

Those sequels to Renezvous With Rama weren't that great either.

The Rama sequels were mainly written by Gentry Lee though. And yeah, they're pretty shit. And somewhat dodgy.

Last edited:
Watched Therese Desqueyroux with mrs_b last night. Mercifully it was only about 1hr 45m but it's still a contender for the thread title.

Stilted, unconvincing dialogue, tedious unlikeable characters all round, and that familiar 'oh pity the poor bourgeoisie' theme that made American Beauty so ahem moving, only with more period costumes.

Watched Therese Desqueyroux with mrs_b last night. Mercifully it was only about 1hr 45m but it's still a contender for the thread title.

Stilted, unconvincing dialogue, tedious unlikeable characters all round, and that familiar 'oh pity the poor bourgeoisie' theme that made American Beauty so ahem moving, only with more period costumes.

I paid good money to see that at the cinema :(. Was it really only 1 hour 45 mins long...?

I've heard the book is interesting and is maybe just a bit difficult to film but can't say I'm very motivated to find out.

Has anyone mentioned "Steve Jobs" yet?

More talent than you can shake a stick at, but ultimately you're left with a film about a slightly unpleasant, rich bloke who became even richer.

Has anyone mentioned "Steve Jobs" yet?

More talent than you can shake a stick at, but ultimately you're left with a film about a slightly unpleasant, rich bloke who became even richer.
Someone dismissed Citizen Kane for the same reason earlier on this thread.

Someone dismissed Citizen Kane for the same reason earlier on this thread.
But Citezen Kane is on a different scale - both in terms of scope (it's about his whole life) and the effect of the protagonist's flaws on the world.

"Steve Jobs" is about a man who isn't a very good mate to a small number of other grotesquely rich people, and most tragically, is a dreadful parent to his daughter. But the tragedy of that flaw is poorly served by the rigid, tri-part structure.

Fifty Shades of Grey. I watched it because Mrs o87 loved it, I had my objections because a) I felt genuinely uncomfortable with the whole premise. b) it looked shit.

I soldiered through an hour of it before just giving up. It's soooo fucking dull! The female character was just so two dimensional it was impossible to feel any warmth to her, and the male character reminded me of blokes at Uni who hid their inability to form relationships with anything other than their own face by filling the air with stories of how "kinky" they were in bed...

Also Ex Machina, two hours of 'they're gonna have sex in a minute. But the bald bloke with the beard? Bit of a Dick."

Did we have The Godfather yet? No one cares about the criminal antics of your violently dysfunctional family.

Did we have The Godfather yet? No one cares about the criminal antics of your violently dysfunctional family.
I don't know how you do it, but every opinion you have on film is just horribly, horribly wrong. Sometimes I wonder if you are a Random-Troll-Reno Generator.

Last edited:
I dunno if it's already been mentioned but, EVERYTHING MUST GO is so dull.
I thought having will Ferrell in it would be some silly goofy comedy with witty one liners and bizarre happenings.
Instead it took me almost 2 weeks to actually watch it all coz I was falling asleep every 10 minutes I watched.

Back
Top Bottom