Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dullest Film Ever

No no no you are all wrong.

The award for the worlds most boring film goes to: <drum roll>

Citizen Fucking Kane

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Although Gladiator is poss a very close second

Apart from the "Zapping Gooks" scene, and the "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" scene for me the most boring film has to be Apocolypse Now.

KeyboardJockey said:
Russell Crowe is one very horny actor who unfortunately is a bit challenged in the acting dept.

I dunno.....he was fine before he left Australia and disappeared up his own arse :D

The Unbearable Shiteness of Boring. I went to see it free to review it for the university mag and still wanted me money back. WHAT a bum freezer.

The only good thing Crowe has done is Romper Stomper.
(apart from the Neighbours episodes in which he burns down Charlene's caravan)

Not much of a fan of Heat either - nice soundtrack, but it is interminable, especially those big bangbang gun battles.
The scene in the coffee shop with De Niro & Pacino is disappointing too - they could have done the scene in separate takes cos you never see the two of them in the same shot (IIRC) - hardly a recipe for chemistry.

I seem to be in a tiny minority with this one but I think The Usual Suspects is an utter waste of space as well.

Mrs Miggins said:
I seem to be in a tiny minority with this one but I think The Usual Suspects is an utter waste of space as well.

Your slightly bonkers.

That is simply one of the best films of modern times for all sorts of reasons.

Mrs Miggins said:

While we're dissing so-called classics, can I just say that Star Wars and Donnie Darko are a great big fat pile of bollocks as well? In fact, anyone who is over ten years old and thinks Star Wars is one of the best films ever made should be made to go and live up George Lucas' bottom for six months.

Hollis said:
Paris,Texas

That's the one. Jeeesus. I know its suposed to be an indie classic but by the time it ended I was laying on the floor throwing pencils at people.

Casablanca...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Double Indemity...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Pearl Harbor...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Any film during the day on Sky Movies..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mrs Miggins said:
Errr.....sorry but I rather love Paris Texas.
Spose it's all subjective innit :D

No need to apologise. I think I was in the mood for something a bit more uptempo when i watched it. It's got the slowest car chase ever comitted to film.

PacificOcean said:
Double Indemity...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

How can you say that???? Double Indemnity is one of the best films ever. Its got Edward G Robinson in it and he's a god :)

andy2002 said:
anyone who is over ten years old and thinks Star Wars is one of the best films ever made should be made to go and live up George Lucas' bottom for six months.
Couldn't agree more.

Harry Dean Stanton is just too cool!

I love the bit where he meets his son from school and walks on the opposite side of the road in his suit and hat :D

Mrs Miggins said:
No no no you are all wrong.

The award for the worlds most boring film goes to: <drum roll>

Citizen Fucking Kane

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I'd forgotten about that one. I sat all the way through that shite to find out...it was a sledge what dunnit. FFS.

Yeah, that whole rosebud thing..
-enigma
-star wars looking bad was -shit-. very poor acting
-independance day (shit, shyte, shittest)
- ace ventura (when he went to "africa") and spat on the faces of the tribes ppl. that was supposed to funny?
-haven't seen the titanic but i'll put that on too
-has britney spears ever appeared in a film? (i'm not calling her an actor)

My dullest film ever is XXX. I never thought car chases and the like could be boring but after an hour and a half of 'what extreme sport can I use to solve this problem' combined with Vin Diesel's appalling acting and the pathetic plot I was pretty much bored to tears.

the most recent star trek one was appalling too. and this is coming from a trekkie.

It's funny isn't it. There are a load of people who's
a) best top ten are the other lot's worst top ten
and another lot's who's
b) worst top ten are the other lot's best top ten

The thing is, lot b) are a bunch of fucking idiots with tonsils for taste-buds...

and so are lot a)

So there you go.

Mrs Miggins said:

Agreed. Anyone who doesn't realise who Keyser Soze is within ten minutes of the film starting is officially pathetic.

I don't know how you can be so right on that, Mrs Miggins, and yet so wrong on Citizen Kane.

YojimboUK said:
Anyone who doesn't realise who Keyser Soze is within ten minutes of the film starting is officially pathetic.

or:

"anyone who doesn't understand the true meaning of the word 'pathetic' is officially stupid."

pointless generalisations, eh!

Back
Top Bottom