Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drug Goes From $13.50 a Tablet to $750 overnight after buy out by hedge fund start up

Then you'll know it's one of two objectives of the act- the other being to protect innovator firms and allow them to get the benefit of their research. :rolleyes:

Otherwise known as the patent system.

Jesus - you have no idea what you are talking about in a legal perspective, do you?

<<Reads other posts. Looks baffled. >>

If you know so much about generic entry and competition in the pharma market more broadly, can I ask you a simple question?

What is a pay for delay or reverse patent settlement and why are they so central to the current market?

Google it if you really want to know :)

So no idea then.

It's easy to explain in a simple sentence.

Shall I give you some help?

Perhaps I can help you understand the nuances between a pay for delay/reverse patent settlement case between the US and the EU...

Perhaps I can point you in the direction of the major cases decided and/or in play.

Or perhaps you aren't interested because you don't really understand what we're dealing with here...

So no idea then.

It's easy to explain in a simple sentence.

Shall I give you some help?

Perhaps I can help you understand the nuances between a pay for delay/reverse patent settlement case between the US and the EU...

Perhaps I can point you in the direction of the major cases decided and/or in play.

Or perhaps you aren't interested because you don't really understand what we're dealing with here...

Perhaps you can make the points you think are salient or fuck off being a condescending arsehole?

He's even more fucking loathsome than I first thought.

See this video on the BBC:

US pharmaceutical company defends 5,000% price increase - BBC News

_85688704_seconddrugsversion.jpg

Absolute scum.

I remember in the film 'Love & other drugs' they were organising coach trips to Canada to stock up on prescription drugs, can certainly see why.... the whole thing is completely mad. The US Govt already spends more per person on healthcare than the UK yet they still need insurance companies etc.. too with large portions of the costs being eaten up administering insurance and paying inflated prices for drugs.

also at least some good might come out of this - he attracted the attention of Hillary Clinton who in a single tweet mentioning the managed to wipe $40 billion off the US biotech industry with mention of proposed caps

Hillary Clinton on Monday, who called the price hike “outrageous” on Twitter and responded with a proposal to cap consumer spending on drugs. Clinton’s tweet caused the Nasdaq Biotechnology Index to slide, losing more than $40 billion in market value on Monday.

and he now seems to have backed down a bit:

Turing CEO Says He'll Lower Price of Antibiotic From $750 a Pill

it seems like he's managed to piss off just about everybody

people get very upset about sums that large. Very upset indeed. Perhaps this cunt should be hiring a bodyguard or two lest the hand of his fellow arseholes' wrath fall upon him in the shape of a hit.

The herd mentality that sometimes occurs here would be amusing if it wasn't so hypocritical, coming from "original" or "independent" thinkers.

Back
Top Bottom