Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drawing the line (Qatar)

So round ball fans watching this. If you liked rugby would you have watched apartheid era Springbok games? If not, what are the differences?

Shame they bottled it over the armbands

The armbands weren't even rainbow, that's how pathetic they were.

They literally made up their own colour scheme to look as least gay as possible.

Any LGBT person unaware of the controversy and watching a game wasn't going to think "wow you support me" but "wtf is that thing they're wearing":

Capture.JPG

Realy don't know why they bothered. I guess they felt they needed to do some sort of useless thing to counter the critics of them being there.

They literally made up their own colour scheme to look as least gay as possible.

Any LGBT person unaware of the controversy and watching a game wasn't going to think "wow you support me" but "wtf is that thing they're wearing":

View attachment 352488

Realy don't know why they bothered. I guess they felt they needed to do some sort of useless thing to counter the critics of them being there.
Richard of York gained battles... hang on!

View attachment 352488

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."

I don't mean to make light of this. People have died. But really. What a golden opportunity studiedly avoided.

View attachment 352488

Turns out its of Dutch origin.

Important communique: I've broken my commitment to not watch it, having me tea in a pub with poland v Mexico on the telly. Serves me right, it was shit.

A thought on the england game. Perhaps 3 of the black players who missed pens and got racist abuse against Italy scored? Which was nice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom