Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drawing the line (Qatar)

Has anyone boycotted the Box Tunnel on the GWR line on account of over 100 workers dying during its construction? I guess time is a healer so you can watch replays of this WC in 2070 when the current Qatari regime is long gone.

Has anyone boycotted the Box Tunnel on the GWR line on account of over 100 workers dying during its construction? I guess time is a healer so you can watch replays of this WC in 2070 when the current Qatari regime is long gone.

We've had nearly 200 years to learn H&S since that tunnel was started, 100 dead there, >6500 dead in Qatar building stadia that will be used for less than a month before lying empty for ever after.

with all the greed & hypocrisy involved in high level entertainment (Hollywood, Broadway, music industry, etc), i think it'd be great if we enjoy the games as they are supposed to be; athletic spectacles , in the ideal
The joy of non league footie. I was going to say amateur sport of which the Olympics is supposed to be such a competition, not.

The '1love' armband was a meaningless PR led empty gesture. But now it could actually take on some actual meaning and have some solidarity impact if the 8 or 9 teams committed to it face down FIFA and their FA's.
I hope some have more courage than Kane/the England management. If he'd decided not to do it a week ago so what but for him to pull out now for the sake of a fucking yellow shows it up for the empty bullshit it is.

I hope some have more courage than Kane/the England management. If he'd decided not to do it a week ago so what but for him to pull out now for the sake of a fucking yellow shows it up for the empty bullshit it is.
The FA can be forgiven if England and Wales both make it to the final and then withdraw from the competition.

Why should anyone 'respect' values where gay people are beaten and imprisoned, political dissent is outlawed and mistreated foreign workers die in terrible conditions?

You must respect our culture of not respecting people.

I would say if the state has to enforce it using violence and intimidation, it doesn't really count as 'culture'.

Back
Top Bottom