Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ha ha Qatar - 2022 World Cup Qualifying

Russia have been kicked out. Good to see those impeccable ethical standards being maintained.

And FIFA and UEFA were only shamed into this by the response to their first pathetic sanctions yesterday (Russia made to change their name to Football Union of Russia and play at neutral grounds). Several countries then said they'd refuse to play Russia and FIFA had no choice if they still wanted a World Cup.

European champions aren’t good enough for the World Cup then. Oh dear, what a shame.

All the way with North Macedonia!

Not World Cup related but England v Switzerland friendly 1-1 so far (Sky Sports :mad: pah). Gallagher played superbly well just gone off replaced by Grealish, lovely seeing Shaqiri again who laid on first and nearly scored at near post from corner.

Kane now level with Charlton in second place on the England all time list. In terms of goals-to-games he's way ahead of anyone else in the last fifty years (post-Greaves essentially).

Lineker says he thinks shoot-out pens should count, as his one against West Germany in 1990 would've got him level with Charlton.

At least Kane, as far as I know, has never tried this:

Was saying to my mum yesterday, I actually quite like the idea of a Christmas World Cup (as do, I've no doubt, all the tat merchants eyeing up all the new merchandising opportunities), it's just, y'know, the whole Qatar of it all.

Pop some sleigh bells on Three Lions and slap an England badge on Santa's red coat: goldmine.

Oh! And there's 12 reindeer, which is a first XI plus, um... someone (presumably the manager would be Santa? :hmm: ).

Back
Top Bottom