Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who will win the World Cup?

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
I was just chatting to my friend's 10 year old nephew. He's still confident England can win but his second team is Brazil. (Guess if you're going to have a second team, might as well go for one that's really good. :D)

England could definitely win it (if you believe you can achieve, as Dizzy Rascal once said) but if I was gonna put money on it I would say Spain or France. But probably Spain. So much talent there.

Don't let it be Spain! My ex will be insufferable, even though she has hardly kicked a ball she is very nationalistic! :) :(

Going on 2/3 through the group games - Spain, Brazil, France or England. All could improve on decent early performances. Think USA might go far.

Going by my wallchart - and with nearly all the group games gone - Brazil have the easiest route to the final - Ghana, then the winner of Japan vs Croatia then one of USA/Australia/ Holland/ Poland in the semifinals - You'd expect them to get through that lot. By contrast England - if they get past Senegal - will meet France or Argentina in the q finals and then possibly Spain in the semis (although spain might slip up enroute - they are clearly beatable)
Final looks likely to be between brazil and whoever comes out of the tough side of the draw. France look most likely.

Going by my wallchart - and with nearly all the group games gone - Brazil have the easiest route to the final - Ghana, then the winner of Japan vs Croatia then one of USA/Australia/ Holland/ Poland in the semifinals - You'd expect them to get through that lot. By contrast England - if they get past Senegal - will meet France or Argentina in the q finals and then possibly Spain in the semis (although spain might slip up enroute - they are clearly beatable)
Final looks likely to be between brazil and whoever comes out of the tough side of the draw. France look most likely.

Aren't Brazil likely to meet Argentina in the semis? Argentina play Australia in the last 16 as they ended up winning their group in the end

If England get past Senegal and France get past Poland then I think whoever wins that qf may well win the whole thing. I think both the England and France teams could take Argentina or Brazil, particularly Argentina. Think Brazil will make it to the final.

An England v Brazil final would be epic, but I'll take France too.

This seems as good a place as any to put this - all World Cup pens from 1982-2018.

I really want to know who took the top middle one, tho its probably best they didn't tell us to save the poor sods embarrassment

777861b1-ab6f-43c7-bd2f-fe4c8510252c.png

This seems as good a place as any to put this - all World Cup pens from 1982-2018.

I really want to know who took the top middle one, tho its probably best they didn't tell us to save the poor sods embarrassment

777861b1-ab6f-43c7-bd2f-fe4c8510252c.png
Baggio?

Back
Top Bottom