Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ha ha Qatar - 2022 World Cup Qualifying

That's fine, but where to draw the line? America, China, Russia have all hosted major sporting events.
Do we boycott them, or go and help spread the word?
By definition, where you draw the line is a question about other countries. Start by boycotting Qatar.

And what's wrong with boycotting them and spreading the word?

Doesn't the thought of thosands dying in near slave labour take the shine off your enjoyment?

Of course but this tournament is going ahead whether we like it or not. What I'd like to see is more protests by the individual teams, like Norway and Germany have done but I can't see the England team doing this.

The shine has been taken off football for years though in my opinion. Started with the Premier League and has gone steadily down hill since.

Wehey - was just thinking that England look dangerous whenever Sterling gets the ball.

Just concerned about Poland on the break though.

I'm waiting for England to be knocked out so we can make a principled stand alongside Norway. :thumbs:
I was accidentally in the same hotel in Katowicz as England in 1973. Sat down to dinner as the England team were eating. Unfortunately Rugger and US Football were my games.

Back
Top Bottom