Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drag Queen Story Times picketed by protestors who claim that it grooms children and promotes paedophilia

The Drag Queen Story Time that’s happening on Saturday at one of my places of work. Why would I not be concerned about it, given the disruption elsewhere around the country?
Who do you suggest aren't mobilising - where do you need help?

Sure as long as your inside near your work colleges you cannot be accused of being party to any political activity
just helping out :hmm:

but worth checking

(The only thing we’ve been told so far is to expect phone calls and complaints in person and to not engage but direct them to the official complaints line of communication. But I may not be able to resist - I’m not good at keeping my mouth shut if I think people are talking shite, especially if it’s hate directed towards vulnerable people for children to witness.)

I saw this story and made me realize how bonkers some people are. As I understand this person reads children's books in a library for an hour or so, and all the children are taken there by their parents to have a fun time reading. I assume if you have a problem with drag queens you wouldn't have chosen to take your kids there.

These loons outside talking about citizens' arrests are plain weird.

I saw this story and made me realize how bonkers some people are. As I understand this person reads children's books in a library for an hour or so, and all the children are taken there by their parents to have a fun time reading. I assume if you have a problem with drag queens you wouldn't have chosen to take your kids there.

These loons outside talking about citizens' arrests are plain weird.

You are not the only one that's bemused. bemused.

it the do you own research wankers not knowing they been lead down
the path of right wing racist Christian head bangers
They’re not all fundamental Xtians - some of them are just pure shitbags. They’ve turned up before to protest being told not to wear masks, and then when Covid hit, they’ve turned up to to protest being told to wear masks. The one particular group I’m thinking of have YouTube channels they earn money from filming themselves being thrown out of public places for being dickheads and then harassing the security staff online, claiming assault and attempting to Doxx them

I don't really get it. Which are the pickets that you're scared about?
I’m not scared about any pickets, I’m just concerned that my colleagues will have a shit day at work. I doubt anyone will get smacked or owt. There will probably just be shouting and upset kids. I’m worried that a stressful job will be more stressful. We’ve had to deal with this sort of thing before and it’s not much fun. We get enough people screaming at us every day for other reasons and staffing levels are so low (most with Covid or stress) right now that we really could do without more screaming. There are going to be a few events, but the one I mentioned specifically is on Saturday. I don’t want to say exactly which branch it is, but it’s in my working area

ah no need thankfully it been covered by more local people

thank you and good idea not to mention

have seen other shite from group within the uk popping up in other places around the web

the AP lot where bothering Crewe on monday :mad:

I don't really get it. Which are the pickets that you're scared about?

I'm not sure what your line of questioning is. OU is being very clear about his reservations and valid concerns.

OU, do what you gotta do, I can't sit here on my sofa and say you should do this that or anything at all. Whatever you decide (and whatever local authority rules allow) is the correct decision.

But I think you made a very valid observation earlier, sometimes it is good to have someone with a "presence" on hand. Especially in vivid colours. :D

I'd steer clear of the phone if you can, they have been recording phone calls and posting them online so are fishing for a reaction. Don't give it to them, (I would be exactly the same and be throwing fucks into them willy nilly).

I'm not sure what your line of questioning is. OU is being very clear about his reservations and valid concerns.

OU, do what you gotta do, I can't sit here on my sofa and say you should do this that or anything at all. Whatever you decide (and whatever local authority rules allow) is the correct decision.

But I think you made a very valid observation earlier, sometimes it is good to have someone with a "presence" on hand. Especially in vivid colours. :D

I'd steer clear of the phone if you can, they have been recording phone calls and posting them online so are fishing for a reaction. Don't give it to them, (I would be exactly the same and be throwing fucks into them willy nilly).
Thanks, especially for that last paragraph. Hadn’t even considered that :oops:

I must try and find out if they are planning to visit Worthing, is there a link to where they are planning to demonstrate?
The list of dates for DQST is here: Drag Queen Story Hour Summer Tour 2022
I'd expect all of them to be at least potential targets for demos. Guessing a lot of the actual demo organising will probably be on Telegram and the like? Anyway, Worthing doesn't seem to be on there.

Back
Top Bottom