Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drag Queen Story Times picketed by protestors who claim that it grooms children and promotes paedophilia

maybe schedule a seminar for a time when Leigh's community isn't being attacked by fascists. amazed only one person has got a bit cross tbh
Yeah I get that point. Clearly the woman shouting words like autogynaphilia (I mean who the hell even knows what that is), disrupting a story time for little kids, and scaring them and everyone there is an absolute cunt. I mean the mind boggles really why anyone would think that was appropriate.

Plenty of British missionaries, and certainly in other parts of central Africa and the rift valley as the colonial power. There were/are similar tensions outside Rwanda. The Germans were no better than the British.

Rwanda is lovely place, though, and I am very glad I went to the genocide museum in Kigali on one of my trips.
You're letting the Belgians off rather lightly

kids go to panto every year.

it's interactive

where was the outrage then over widow twankee or the ugly sisters?
I mean, panto is absolutely soaked with misogyny too tbh. The ugly sisters are ugly because they're manly. Widow Twanky is both ugly because she's manly and even worse, she's old. Cardinal sin, let's all point and laugh at her.

FWIW I've seen plenty of criticism of negative portrayals of women in panto over the years, mostly from people on the left. cf. Mrs Browns Boys etc. This stuff definitely isn't beyond criticism

Eh tu Killer? C'mon, you made an excellent post earlier. This stuff isn't under attack from fascists in support of anti-misogyny. It's about 'grooming and paedophilia'.

And fascists. That's all that needs debating in this thread.

I mean, panto is absolutely soaked with misogyny too tbh. The ugly sisters are ugly because they're manly. Widow Twanky is both ugly because she's manly and even worse, she's old. Cardinal sin, let's all point and laugh at her.
im not disagreeing. just commenting on transphobic BS from cranks

Eh tu Killer? C'mon, you made an excellent post earlier. This stuff isn't under attack from fascists in support of anti-misogyny. It's about 'grooming and paedophilia'.

And fascists. That's all that needs debating in this thread.
I know it isn't under attack from fascists in support of anti-misogyny: the fact that the fascists don't picket pantomimes is one of the ways this is demonstrated - panto drag is different to drag queen drag because it doesn't have it's roots in gay culture (or if it does it's now a long way removed from it)

I know it isn't under attack from fascists in support of anti-misogyny: the fact that the fascists don't picket pantomimes is one of the ways this is demonstrated - panto drag is different to drag queen drag because it doesn't have it's roots in gay culture (or if it does it's now a long way removed from it)
what, you think that the women dressing as men and men dressing as women (the former of which goes back to at least the 1660s) might have its roots in gay culture?

people planning the genocide of the Trans community.

You what? Trans people in the UK have had legal and healthcare rights vastly ahead of the rest of the world for decades now. Questioning the ideology that underpins drag is not "planning a genocide of the Trans community" ffs. Get a grip yourself. It's pretty fucking offensive to those groups who've actually experienced or are currently threatened with an actual genocide.

You what? Trans people in the UK have had legal and healthcare rights vastly ahead of the rest of the world for decades now. Questioning the ideology that underpins drag is not "planning a genocide of the Trans community" ffs. Get a grip yourself. It's pretty fucking offensive to those groups who've actually experienced or are currently threatened with an actual genocide.
Good to see you white knighting

What do you imagine the fascists attending these protests are planning?

what ideology underpins drag? it's just performance isn't it? Does that necessitate an ideology?

Yeah, LGBT aren't in any way under attack, nothing to see, move on

There is no unified and consistent ideology that underpins drag. But there are plenty of legitimate political questions about it. But a thread about an attack on a drag event (which, actually - from the talk of autogynophilia - seems more like anti-trans action) by right wing activists probably isn't the best place for that.

Last edited:
Transphobes use terms like "autogynephilia" in an attempt to give their hatred a veneer of intellectual respectability. Although funnily enough, I don't think this particular usage of "autogynephilia" has it origins among the conspiracist far-right. Doubtless some interesting cross-pollination going on there.

Back
Top Bottom