Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drag Queen Story Times picketed by protestors who claim that it grooms children and promotes paedophilia

Actually I think I'm pretty comfortable in believing that sexy dancing shouldn't be performed for babies to look at.

It is also irresponsible to immediately label any expression of concern over this kind of thing as bigotry or pearl-clutching.
Performed where there are babies. My local cinema has baby friendly screenings for films like Another Round and Saint Maud.

Whether babies really 'watch' is debatable. They're babies. They don't really care, or know.
If it's debatable, then I think that the cost to society of not having sexy dancing with babies present (zero, as far as I can tell) is probably something we can bear.

Exposing any child to material of a sexual nature is a safeguarding risk, and the point of safeguarding is that you do it all the time, without making any allowances because 'it's ok this time'.

If it's debatable, then I think that the cost to society of not having sexy dancing with babies present (zero, as far as I can tell) is probably something we can bear.

Exposing any child to material of a sexual nature is a safeguarding risk, and the point of safeguarding is that you do it all the time, without making any allowances because 'it's ok this time'.

Don't ever go to a beach on a hot day, it'll blow your mind.

I have no idea if any of the performers are gay, so it can't be that.

So you do oppose mums attending circuses, pop concerts, festivals and carnivals then? There is equivalent material of a (hetero)sexual nature everywhere, perhaps best mums don't leave the house just in case eh.

In fact, is not any objection to any behaviour around children laughable because of some other irrelevant circumstances?

Why, will someone be performing a sexually provocative dance at an infant? Or will something completely different be happening?

How do babies know whether somone is wearing a thong for a sexualised reason or because they are sunbathing? Women should cover up just in case.

Reactions: tim

By the same token, you must be supporting a ban on them being present for the showing of Saint Maud I mentioned earlier. Why is no one getting all het up about baby friendly film screenings?

Performing sexy dancing in front of babies is something that I think should generally be avoided.
Should that be an instruction for all health visitors to check? MTV must be banned for anyone with a child under 1? Come on, it's all a bit silly. Just don't take your baby if you don't wanna go.

Would anyone like to venture the opinion that sexy dancing is something that positively should be done in front of babies, and then I can have a turn at the whataboutery?

Re: the sexy dancing/cabaret - should it be done in front of kids? Not generally, no. Does it 'need' to happen? No But is it actually going to do any harm to take a baby who's just going to goggle at it probably a handful of times. Not really. The idea is the show is for the adults, but they can take kids with them - the same way film showings for parents with babies allow you to take them to 15 and 18 rated films because they are too young to make sense of what's going on.

Re other things about DQ story time etc, confirmation bias is some crazy shit.

One of the many reasons it's pointless arguing with the 'It's all a paedophile grooming plot!' people is of course, they go searching for any evidence that confirms their view: 'You can see the outline of his dick' (Honey, you're the one staring at his groin), 'He's clearly flashing his crotch to the children' (You've freeze-framed a video at a moment the performer is reaching for something on the floor, you weirdo), 'They're dressed in fetish gear' (that footage is not a DQ story time, and I don't see any young children) etc is that I know they will just see me as hopelessly naive. I say 'You're scraping the barrel trying to invent reasons this is dodgy' and they'll say 'You're having to dig up all these reasons it's innocuous, I can't believe with all this evidence that you think this is OK!'

Yes, I have my own confirmation bias I suppose that kids are not harmed by seeing LGBTQ people exist, or drag queens reading stories. But also on balance, if asked whether the reason for this popularity of LGBTQ-inclusive child events is a) attempting to create a more inclusive society where people grow up understanding different relationships or b) a sinister, well funded plot to get 1000s of children groomed for abuse by the method of them... occasionally seeing a man dressed as a comedy woman reading stories or seeing a slightly adult cabaret performance they'll be way too young to understand or remember much about it. Well, I know where I stand on that. I mean, for a start, as I say it's occasional. No one's taking their kids this stuff constantly. Like the way these people scream that kids are being 'Constantly indocrinated with gender ideology in school' - uhm, they might have one session of about it in SRE some years? I mean, you can 'indoctrinate' them with gender critical ideology the other 363 days of the year if you so choose,

Would anyone like to venture the opinion that sexy dancing is something that positively should be done in front of babies, and then I can have a turn at the whataboutery?
Nowt wrong with "sexy dancing". What is it you don't like about it? Assuming it doesn't break out into public displays of fucking, etc, then it's appropriate for all ages.

Have you by any chance been possessed by the spirit of Mary Whitehouse... or Ayatollah Khomaini by any chance?

Nowt wrong with "sexy dancing". What is it you don't like about it? Assuming it doesn't break out into public displays of fucking, etc, then it's appropriate for all ages.

Have you by any chance been possessed by the spirit of Mary Whitehouse... or Ayatollah Khomaini by any chance?
All sexy dancing? Should dads be taking two year olds to lap dancing clubs? Or is there a line somewhere between appropriate and inappropriate behaviour, and we are disagreeing about exactly where that line should be?

Back
Top Bottom