Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Double carbs

I would eat potato on that but I think I'd stick the potato slices in the air fryer for a bit before putting them on the pizza, stuff just cooks at different speeds and the potato slices just look a bit underdone for my taste.
They were preboiled so they’re not uncooked, but they are uncrisped.

I used to essentially live on savoury rice sandwiches and if I was flush/fancied a change Pasta 'n' Sauce sarnies. Dole cheque came, down the shop for 7 packets of rice, loaf of bread, 20 fags, lend my mate Iain a fiver as his giro day was a week after mine and I'd need the money by then, then the rest could be wasted...as could I :D

Could you c&p that recipe? Guardian blocked here but gram flour cheap and kids would love that.

200g chickpea (or gram) flour
Salt
6-8 tbsp olive oil
4 soft bread rolls
Black pepper

Whisk the flour and 600ml water until you have a smooth, lump-free batter. Add a big pinch of salt and leave to sit for 15 minutes to an hour (and up to 24 hours, if you wish; just cover and put in the fridge).

Pour the oil into a 27cm x 22cm nonstick tin (or a pizza-sized tin with a low lip). Pour in the batter (it should be about 5mm deep) and the oil will swirl in like a lava lamp.

Bake at 200C (180C fan)/390F/gas 6 for 30-40 minutes, until the tip is firm and flaky, the edges crisp, but the inside still creamy.

Use a spatula or fish slice to cut a square or circular section to fill a soft roll – and don’t forget the black pepper.

I'm curious. What is gram flour used for in Chinese cooking?

It does a bit. That's a very liquid batter and has a load of olive oil, I wonder whether that means it's still moist.

Probably wouldn't keep for long if so, would dry out quickly.

I mean if I was to go full guardian a tahini coldslaw could be good?

But I'd probably just use hot sauce.

Back
Top Bottom