Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Advice on going from keto to plant based/carbs?

Fat comes with hefty caloric baggage though ....
Yeah it does. Which is a shame as much of the low fat/fat free noise in the nutritional space is total nonsense. Particularly for those with poor blood sugar control. Many of these people will have excellent blood fat control and they really need to increase their fat and cut out sugar and crappy carbs.

I don't buy anything with a label so I don't know what my diet looks like - but certainly nothing like the 80:10:10 "no oil ever" brigade.
Since I have to make special trips for my tahini, I suppose I could work it out and that's nearly all my fat. - oops no - maybe TWO bags of milled flax a week too ...
I don't even count calories these days but still appear to be losing weight - I just try to make sure that I fill my face with greens before I chuck anything on them.

Last edited:
Yes The guy is deeply annoying.
In this one he completely fails to explain what type 2 diabetes actually is...
The one useful thing is that people consume fewer calories and lose weight if they eliminate food they find palatable and therefore eat too much of whether it eliminates fat, or carbs ..
And he's obsessed with "control' just like the health profession.
I wonder if he has even heard of Roy Taylor's work...

Obviously people can eat as they please. I don't follow any one diet. One comment about keto is that keto itself is not ideal but the act of going in and out of it. Hence 18 hour fasts are considered very beneficial and will pretty much protect you from obesity and diabetes.

I tend to fast anything between 12 and 16 hours a day (including time spent asleep)

Beyond I try to go for a healthy balanced mixed diet. I eat carbs but mostly brown bread, pasta etc. I keep my processed and junk food to a minimum, replaced sugar with xylitol while avoiding sweet treats as much as possible. I also try not to eat massive portions as much as possible

It seems to work for me. All my blood tests come back clear, low glucose levels, no heart or blood pressure problems and apart from a slowly creeping belly that comes with age I am a healthy weight and nowhere near obese.

I do have cheat days. We're here to live after all and I don't see any harm in one take away binge a week.

Back
Top Bottom