Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is all great for the Trump campaign. He's encouraged people to have fights with protestors, they did so, which was clearly going to wind people up enough to have larger numbers around and thus larger fights. It all reinforces the idea of persecution etc as well as satisfying and encouraging violent tendencies, in the vast majority by proxy. And because it's by proxy it's just as effective regardless of who "wins" a fight; most Trump supporters will come nowhere near these rallies, and most at the rallies will come nowhere near a protest, and most who are near a protest will not have a fight, and tbh even the ones who do have a fight are unlikely to be so intimidated they give up.

If it's good for something, it's reinforcing the anti-Trump side: showing that there is widespread support (enough that there are multiple protests) and that other people are prepared to risk their safety for it. That's great but it reinforces the Trump support as well.
The american folk memory of the stuff around 68, it's a real thing - the divisions that it brought out and people think it accentuated - it's real. It's the core of anti-extremism narrative, and it's going to got hit trump types - it can't hit anyone else.

The american folk memory of the stuff around 68, it's a real thing - the divisions that it brought out and people think it accentuated - it's real. It's the core of anti-extremism narrative, and it's going to got hit trump types - it can't hit anyone else.
It's surprising how much that stuff persists, yeah—and here it's going to be present on both sides. I don't think it's possible to avoid it, it comes out in really minor issues all the time. It always seemed to be a bit of a lurking presence over everything political.

Last edited:
Stuff like this will shore up his core support but it also will ensure that it will be very difficult to normalise his candidacy.

I should add that the 68 stuff is only really "surprising" if you don't know the context—it's a bit patronising to suggest that somehow the US should have "got over it". It's the other way around really; if you come at it as an outsider you'd not recognise how really important and defining that period was.

It certainly shows how absolutely divided the country is.

The thing is, both sides are angry at the same things. They just disagree about how fixing that is to be achieved.

Last edited:
except it's complete bullshit

but it doesn't matter that's it's incredibly easily disproved bullshit. As long as there's the slightest avenue out, people will take it. Nobody who supports Trump is going to care about Nazi Trump Woman; the hippies and Jane Fonda are just faking it all.

Is there not the danger the woman will object to being suggested a stooge and out herself? The Trump camp denying their own supporters...?

I mean, it likely wouldn't do a great deal of damage, but might take a bit of the sheen off.

Last edited:
Is there not the danger the woman will object to being suggested a stooge and out herself? The Trump camp denying their own supporters...?

I mean, it likely wouldn't do a great deal of damage, but might take a bit of the sheen off.

Legal action has already been launched according to Glenn Greenwald

He's blaming Bernie for the fights at his rallies.
Trump blamed supporters of Democratic candidate Sanders for the incidents in Chicago, where scuffles broke out between protesters and backers of the real estate magnate. He called the U.S. senator from Vermont "our communist friend".

On Sunday, he went a step further in an early morning post on Twitter: "Bernie Sanders is lying when he says his disruptors aren't told to go to my events. Be careful Bernie, or my supporters will go to yours!"
Donald Trump Digs In After Weekend Violence, Threatens Bernie Sanders Rallies

An odd response given that previously he's been quite nice about Sanders, for good reason—both appeal to similar points about the corruption of the establishment political systems, just relating to different parties. Of course the people who might vote for him as the republican candidate are R voters who aren't going to vote for Sanders anyway, but he seems to have previously made a judgement not to not alienate those outside of the party who might be tending in that direction. I guess the campaign now reckons it's time to start attacking the competitor.

.....or it's just continuation of ramping up The Fear. A fear that binds conservatives. Trump is focused on one thing right now and that is bagging conservative votes. By being able to tap into another outside infection, in this case the dreaded 'Communism', he doing exactly what he's done all campaign.

This has fuck all to do with the Democrats.

A change in tack is yet to come.

So, this pic and Trump's brother's claim that she's a Sanders agent provocateur...

063_513917024-e1457278967364.jpg

Trump-Raise-right-hand.jpg

Of course, but trying to pass off pics like that as evidence of far-right sympathies in his support base (as a load of hysterical news websites did last week) just makes you look silly.

googling 'trump quennelle' yields no results. I was hoping to find one that looked like he was pulling it for my own amusement but just found some footballer and trump in that red cap he wore before they decided that looked worse than the honest barnet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom