Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the seemingly inevitable Clinton/Trump election...Do we think Don will bring up and try to use Mr Clinton's sexual indiscretions against her?

In the seemingly inevitable Clinton/Trump election...Do we think Don will bring up and try to use Mr Clinton's sexual indiscretions against her?

not sure that line of attack has any potency at all : it wasn't her indiscretions/loyal wife standing by her man/we're all sinnners/no resonance with Dems anyway

not sure that line of attack has any potency at all : it wasn't her indiscretions/loyal wife standing by her man/we're all sinnners/no resonance with Dems anyway
Trump takes any opportunity to portray his rivals as weak: that Clinton was cuckolded by her husband in the most brazen way and let it slide is ideal attack territory for him. It's unlikely to make up a huge part of his campaign (hell, there's so much for him to go at...), but I'd be surprised if it doesn't appear at some point.

enhanced-13021-1458009069-2.png

Trump takes any opportunity to portray his rivals as weak: that Clinton was cuckolded by her husband in the most brazen way and let it slide is ideal attack territory for him. It's unlikely to make up a huge part of his campaign (hell, there's so much for him to go at...), but I'd be surprised if it doesn't appear at some point.

tbh, i was surprised Trump never ventured into ' Bubble Boy (Rubio) ' territory at any point , particular in the 'little Marco ' phase....

Columnist Claims This Might Be a Photo of Marco Rubio at a Gay Miami Foam Party in the '90s - Towleroad

No, but the margin is narrow in Trump v Clinton. Trump's presidential campaign is an unknown factor, so we have no idea which way it will swing when the real race starts.

betfair still odds on 1/ 2 clinton, 3/1 vs Trump, and it's been accurate on there through GOP campaign ( ie : it's peer to peer betting - wisdom of the crowd etc )

No, but the margin is narrow in Trump v Clinton. Trump's presidential campaign is an unknown factor, so we have no idea which way it will swing when the real race starts.

It's down to who brings out the vote. Trump supporters will be mobilised and energised with the power to challenge the political elite. Democrats just have more of the same on offer, which won't stir people up in the same way (though I imagine the anti-Trump motivation will balance or exceed this).

Trump losing will make a fucking mess of the Republican party, which is something to hold out for.

I don't want to derail the thread but if Clinton was cuckolded by her husband it would mean he arranged for another man to bone her.

Haven't heard Cruz's speech. Any clues what the next Messiah himself said?

Its here, if you have fifteen minutes to waste winding yourself up. If you don't basically its:

Carly Fiorina scares Hilary Clinton
Rubio is a great story
Israel is best
Radical (Sunni) Islam can only be tackled by tearing up the Iran deal

etc

He already has...I remember him saying something along the lines of if she couldn't satisfy her husband what makes her think she could satisfy America? :facepalm:

I remember thinking: Donald Trump must have some strange ideas about the role of a president :D

A lot of the online support for Trump comes from 4chan and its offshoots, this article is a good read generally but this is particularly pertinent

The New Man of 4chan | Angela Nagle

The casual racism embedded in this geeky beta world comes wrapped in several layers of self-protective irony, with black masculinity treated as both the object of jealousy and of hatred. Commentators like Coleman have lent a certain credibility to the beta uprising’s contention that its motives are misinterpreted by a public that fails to grasp its unique brand of postmodern wit. Some people, they say, simply “don’t get” that the betas are in it strictly “for the lulz.” But while forum chatter certainly doesn’t inevitably escalate to violence and even the worst speech does not amount to violence, some of 4chan’s self-described geeks have taken their faux-ironic bigotry offline. After the November 2015 shooting of five Black Lives Matter protesters in Minneapolis, a video emerged of two of the men involved, clad in balaclavas and driving to the BLM protest, saying, “We just wanted to give everyone a heads up on /pol/”—referring to the politics board on 4chan, a group that partially overlaps with the /b/ community. The speaker then points at the camera and says, “Stay white.”

Significantly, weev’s sensibility fuses elements of the anti-establishment far right, like the militia movement (which styles its anti-government activities a form of “leaderless resistance”), with the left-leaning vision of the old anti-establishment counterculture. In a recent magazine interview, a journalist spoke to some of the hackers and trolls of Anonymous, LulzSec, and 4chan/b/, including weev (a.k.a. Andrew Auernheimer):

I’m at a restaurant with Auernheimer and his friend Jaime Cochrane, who is a softly spoken transgender troll from the group Rustle League, so-called because “that’s what trolling is, it’s rustling people’s jimmies.” They’re explaining to me their version of what trolls do. “It’s not bullying,” says Cochrane. “It’s satirical performance art.” Cyberbullies who drive teenagers to suicide have crossed the line. However, trolling is the more high-minded business of what Cochrane calls “aggressive rhetoric,” a tradition that goes back to Socrates, Jesus and the trickster god Loki, from Norse mythology. Auernheimer likens himself to Shakespeare’s Puck. Cochrane aspires to Lenny Bruce and Andy Kaufman. They talk of culture jamming, the art of disrupting the status quo to make people think. They talk of Abbie Hoffman.

Along with the presupposition that misogyny must spring from conservatism often comes the notion that transgression and countercultural gestures are somehow incompatible with it. But women have long figured in the countercultural imagination as agents of conformity and avatars of a vain, mindless consumerism. It seems to me that this is the tradition that 4chan and the wider beta-sphere, perhaps unknowingly, are really carrying on. Simon Reynolds and Joy Press’s brilliant 1996 study The Sex Revolts charts how the attribution of blame to women for the bland conformism of post-war America influenced the counterculture. In 1942’s Generation of Vipers, the pulp novelist and social critic Philip Wylie described an America in a state of national decline and shallow materialism due to the feminizing influence of the “destroying mother.” Wylie described feminized mass culture—a.k.a. “momism”—as “matriarchal sentimentality, goo slop, hidden cruelty.” Norman Mailer presented the psychopath as a noble and transgressive figure, who used his charismatic force to oppose feminized mass culture and emasculating consumer capitalism. “We are victims of a matriarchy here my friends,” says Harding, a psychiatric inmate in Ken Kesey’s classic counterculture novel, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. And in Fight Club—the 1996 Chuck Palahniuk novel famously adapted to the screen in 1999 by David Fincher and invoked as a quasi-biblical authority on 4chan—Tyler Durden’s pink soap, made from the reconstituted fat of women who have undergone liposuction and had it contemptuously “[sold] back to them,” acts as a potent symbol.

Here the counterculturalists of the beta world are tapping into a misogynic tradition—only it’s aligned with the bohemian left, not the buttoned-down right. Long before the postwar counterculture emerged, Emma Bovary symbolized the dreary and banal feminine massification of culture for nineteenth-century culture rebels. Channeling this same tradition, the beta world inveighs continually against the advanced feminization and massification of Internet-age culture. This is why their misogyny sits so comfortably alongside their mix of geeky and countercultural styles and why the pat “hegemonic masculinity” answer is so inadequate.

Just think about it. If Trump loses the Republican nomination then Cruz could win. Cruz would be a much worse President if everything went wrong. For that matter would Clinton be any better?

Just think about it. If Trump loses the Republican nomination then Cruz could win. Cruz would be a much worse President if everything went wrong. For that matter would Clinton be any better?

Cruz might actually get impeached. If the house will vote it up, the Senate will definitely impeach him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom