Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kasich taking second by the looks of it. From 8th in Iowa to Kasich is quite a big jump, be interesting to see how the other candidates now respond. Rubio taking 5th for now.

Kasich taking second by the looks of it. From 8th in Iowa to Kasich is quite a big jump, be interesting to see how the other candidates now respond. Rubio taking 5th for now.

I can't imagine Kasich's result here is anything other than a sign of which state it was in. It's unlikely he'll continue to do well elsewhere.

Or maybe everyone will feel sorry for him because he was left until last in the debate intro debacle :D

I can't imagine Kasich's result here is anything other than a sign of which state it was in. It's unlikely he'll continue to do well elsewhere.

Or maybe everyone will feel sorry for him because he was left until last in the debate intro debacle :D

Its probably an anomaly result, although be interesting to see how he does in the next debate/primary now, see if he can take anything from that result and push onward.

Trump still only got 35%, once the field narrows I reckon a challenger will emerge and it won't be a landslide, although there will probably be a couple of camps in opposition rallying against Trump - the establishment on one side and nutty Christians on the other. Part of me loves to think of the spectacle of Cruz and Trump ripping chunks out of each other in a debate, as long as they both lose.

as long as they both lose.

AVP-Alien-Vs.-Predator-1-2L2HTDU1VH-1024x768.jpg

Surely with Trump v. Cruz splitting the headbanger vote, once the republican establishment decide on their candidate they should walk it to the nomination?

The smart money has long been on Rubio, and Jeb's been doing abysmally considering how much money he's raised and his name recognition (plus the fact that he comes across as the most 'stable' of the lot of them). But after that debate the other night, Rubio's fortunes may have changed. It depends whether he takes on board the criticism of how he answered the questions and works to change that, because they were booing him by the end.

its grimly weird how the war chests are compared and money discussed not in a questioning way but like rating the stats on a top trump (lol) card.

It's a resigned understanding that elections are bought. The mere existence of super-pacs is the same.

What's amusing is Trump is saying he's not establishment and all that because he's not taken super-pac money or other large donor money, while neglecting to remind his trumpeters that he's a fucking billionaire who doesn't need to. He's his own largest donor.

its grimly weird how the war chests are compared and money discussed not in a questioning way but like rating the stats on a top trump (lol) card.

I agree entirely, actually there is a lot less of this now than in 2008 and 2012. People are actually questioning it now rather than accepting it as the only way things could ever be.

It's a resigned understanding that elections are bought. The mere existence of super-pacs is the same.

What's amusing is Trump is saying he's not establishment and all that because he's not taken super-pac money or other large donor money, while neglecting to remind his trumpeters that he's a fucking billionaire who doesn't need to. He's his own largest donor.

Well that's his schtick, the fact he's his own largest donor is part of his appeal "unlike those other politicians Trump has had a proper job and is rich so he is his own man"

One thing that I thought that was interesting about the Graunid coverage of voters in NH was just how many white working-class people who were voting for Trump had positive things to say about Bernie as well. I was also watching the Trump rally last night, they booed Hillary Clinton when she came on the TV but were mostly respectful of Bernie, I think that there are a lot of decent, class conscious Americans with good instincts who are voting for Trump but could be easily persuaded over to Sanders.

Honestly it's really heartening I think, it would be even better if Bernie continues to make inroads into the Hispanic and black vote, that's the sort of stuff that keeps oligarchs up at night.

Part of me loves to think of the spectacle of Cruz and Trump ripping chunks out of each other in a debate, as long as they both lose.
Trump called Cruz a pussy (quoting a supporter)......what a bizarre campaign.
Trump was criticizing the Texas senator’s unwillingness to support widespread uses of torture when a woman in the audience called Cruz, Trump’s chief rival for more conservative voters, a "pussy."

Then, amazingly, Donald Trump repeated it so the entire crowd could hear.

"She said — I never expect to hear that from you again!," he told the crowd, in mock disapproval. "She said: 'He's a pussy.' That's terrible."
Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a "pussy" — and the media won’t repeat it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom