Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Beeb

"They told him that Mr Trump had been filmed with a group of prostitutes in the presidential suite of Moscow's Ritz-Carlton hotel. I know this because the Washington political research company that commissioned his report showed it to me during the final week of the election campaign."

Did the reporter see this actual film or just the report ? the next sentence sorta belies the previous one

"The BBC decided not to use it then, for the very good reason that without seeing the tape - if it exists - we could not know if the claims were true. The detail of the allegations were certainly lurid. The entire series of reports has now been posted by BuzzFeed."

Trump 'compromising' claims: How and why did we get here? - BBC News

Interesting it was issued at all.

Probably just an automatic thing for ex-spooks in the news. They're only advisory anyway, and in the internet age largely pointless. All this one does is confirm that Steele actually is an ex-spook, so saves a bit of fact-checking. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well Dubya got much the same treatment over hanging chads and being in cahoots with Big Oil. The Clintons got pursued relentlessly by Newt over often overblown scandals and Hilary would be facing a relentless smear campaign if she'd won. Systematically delegitimising a new President is practically traditional American political hardball. Not being a really bad loser is a downright un-American activity. Trump's so American he even manages to be a sore winner.

"Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor will ever lose a war; for the very idea of losing is hateful to an American." - General George Smith Patton
Old
Well Dubya got much the same treatment over hanging chads and being in cahoots with Big Oil. The Clintons got pursued relentlessly by Newt over often overblown scandals and Hilary would be facing a relentless smear campaign if she'd won. Systematically delegitimising a new President is practically traditional American political hardball. Not being a really bad loser is a downright un-American activity. Trump's so American he even manages to be a sore winner.

"Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor will ever lose a war; for the very idea of losing is hateful to an American." - General George Smith Patton

Poor bugger must be revolving faster than a wind turbine, though their 'force of arms' was victorious in Grenada and Panama-;)

The next few months/years are going to be like watching a car crash in slow motion. Only at any point one of the pieces of falling wreckage might be arcing towards a big red button.

It is shaping up to be a political clusterfuck of epic proportions. Thing is Trump is a terrible politician - in terms of negotiating power rather than hitting populist buttons. Hes lazy, charmless, ignorant, self obsessed, vindictive, narcissistic, stupid, self indulgent, careless and capricious. Everything he has achieved has been through bullying and wealth. That is not going to work with the people within the political institutions or the vested interests around government - they will ruthlessly exploit his many weaknesses for their own ends and/or to oppose and undermine him.
He is already mortally compromised and its only going to get worse for him. An impeachment for a whole variety of different potential and probable scandals - from sexual assault to blatant corruption to using his office to pursue personal vendettas - looks like a highly likely outcome.

We are in an inverse Mao situation here - 70% wrong, 30% right

I want it to be real but given what i know about the US intellgence agencies and their tub thumping selling of the Eeerak WMD dossier to their Brit counterparts, I am rather wary of the US Intelligence agenciesactual intelligence

Well judging by that presser if you voted for Trump hoping to be entertained you are not going to be disappointed by the next four years.

It's almost worth the chance of getting obliterated by incoming nukes when the big buffoon really messes up.
On balance, no, I like a good chuckle as do most but this bugger is way beyond chucklehood.

It is shaping up to be a political clusterfuck of epic proportions. Thing is Trump is a terrible politician - in terms of negotiating power rather than hitting populist buttons. Hes lazy, charmless, ignorant, self obsessed, vindictive, narcissistic, stupid, self indulgent, careless and capricious. Everything he has achieved has been through bullying and wealth. That is not going to work with the people within the political institutions or the vested interests around government - they will ruthlessly exploit his many weaknesses for their own ends and/or to oppose and undermine him.
He is already mortally compromised and its only going to get worse for him. An impeachment for a whole variety of different potential and probable scandals - from sexual assault to blatant corruption to using his office to pursue personal vendettas - looks like a highly likely outcome.
I'm not so sure. He got elected President after being caught on tape admitting to sexually assaulting women. If that didn't sink him what the fuck will? He's made of fucking teflon.

If he doesn't properly divest himself of his holdings - and he implied today that he doesn't intend to - then I suspect we'll be hearing quite a lot about Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 of the United States Constitution

The next few months/years are going to be like watching a car crash in slow motion. Only at any point one of the pieces of falling wreckage might be arcing towards a big red button.

that's what it's been like since 2014 for me. Now Trump grabs the wheel- spin-out accelerates, breaks squeal, bears and angry mobs and trucks hauling goods from China flash by- no seatbelt!

Last edited:
We are in an inverse Mao situation here - 70% wrong, 30% right

I want it to be real but given what i know about the US intellgence agencies and their tub thumping selling of the Eeerak WMD dossier to their Brit counterparts, I am rather wary of the US Intelligence agenciesactual intelligence
There's nothing in the substance of the allegation about using prostitutes that strikes you as unlikely, and he might even have been dumb enough to be filmed doing it, but it's that being sufficient leverage for them to own him I find hard to believe. It would have been long after he'd been accused of various other far worse sexual assaults and what have you and getting away with that wouldn't predispose him to fold over this you'd think.

To an extent... unless the US goes ahead and starts a war with RusChina of course, as a lot of em currently seem to be insisting on as the only thing decent people should want right now.

Won't be long before some sort of global autonomous governing AI will emerge from the Clouds and take over and we can all finally relax, doze as passengers in a self-driving planet if you will... way less effort, fully autonomous luxury communism run by a selfless competent nanny-state machine god.:)

Nice idea, as long as taxing the rich as much as possible,is part of its original programme:)

Probably just an automatic thing for ex-spooks in the news. They're only advisory anyway, and in the internet age largely pointless. All this one does is confirm that Steele actually is an ex-spook, so saves a bit of fact-checking. :rolleyes:

I've seen ex SIS staff hung out to dry to appease US administrations, who've been less culpable

There's nothing in the substance of the allegation about using prostitutes that strikes you as unlikely, and he might even have been dumb enough to be filmed doing it, but it's that being sufficient leverage for them to own him I find hard to believe. It would have been long after he'd been accused of various other far worse sexual assaults and what have you and getting away with that wouldn't predispose him to fold over this you'd think.

That they might own him is something that might be implied, but it doesn't seem to be part of the substance of what's alleged.

That said, given the context that's developed, it's hard to see Trump surviving if we get to see grainy footage of his winkie in a Russian hotel suite.

True, but those around him will make sure the piggy bank is empty before allowing his enemies to launch a successful move to have him sectioned, oops, sorry, impeached.

TifmbhE.jpg

That they might own him is something that might be implied, but it doesn't seem to be part of the substance of what's alleged.

That said, given the context that's developed, it's hard to see Trump surviving if we get to see grainy footage of his winkie in a Russian hotel suite.

If some reports are to be believed, "grainy' won't cut it, would need to be HD with a Gerkin superimposed for reference purposes:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom